Oklahoma-Auburn

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Oklahoma-Auburn

Post by King Crimson »

i posted in some other thread that 1. OU's D is horrible and the worst tackling team ever. 2. OU can't run the ball against anyone with a legit front 7 in years since AD and Demarco Murray....and even that was a little weird sometimes.

that said, who knows about this game?

it's a no win thing for Oklahoma really. come in favored and to me....didn't really beat anyone very good this year. Ok State was decent....but they usually find a way to lose to OU. loss to Houston got uglier as the season went on....and for sure OU got whipped up front in that one. tOSU was clearly the better team in Norman.

playing the SEC loving SEC humping SEC casual fan in New Orleans is not a great thing from a neutral field standpoint.....and i say that with love in my heart....but i've been to the Sugar Bowl to see OU lose to LSU in 2003 or whenever. my dad and i had biscuits and gravy someplace and coffee and the dudes working there couldn't help telling us they were pulling against us. cool about it. still.

to echo Willie...it is good Sooners aren't playing Clemson again.

OU can score a lot of ways but seem dumb enough sometimes to keep trying to run it when everyone on planet earth can see it isn't happening, sometimes.

this is hardly a vintage Oklahoma football team.....nor is it one of the Stoops teams that won the Big XII with smoke and mirrors a couple times when the conference was strong. this team sucks on D. stupid penalties. not the over-achiever narrative, either.

the thing that has hurt OU against SEC teams in championship bowl games.....is that LSU and UF had strong, athletic corners....were able to play OU's WR's man and OU's big WR's were unable to get enough separation that the rest of the D could basically play 9 on 8 on a short field. and against UF demarco murray didn't play for injury....and all he did was later lead the NFL in rushing.

i wouldn't bet this game to save my life.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Papa Willie wrote:In light of how the SEC is doing this bowl season, KC, I think I'm going to predict the OU score now.

OU - 49
Auburn - 6
i don't put as much stock as you in conference matters or comparison. from my perspective, Stoops' teams in the 2nd half of his career and OU fans in general have games where a bizarre over-confidence sets in.....and they lose. this feels like it might be one of those games. not saying OU is better than AU in such a way to deserve that....but as a psychology....ESPN wanking on about the SEC's record and all that feeds that monster.

OU's D is fucking horrible. the BTPCF posters could score more than 6 on OU.

i don't think conference or trends will have much to do with this one.....just whoever shows up in the Superdome ready to play when the whistle blows. and i don't have a clue about that one. speaking on my end, Oklahoma has both been and not been that team. hard to know with these Sooners of late.

the one thing i do know is the Sooner D is fucking horrible. anything is possible with that unit.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

My family was going to go to this game, in-laws and all (my FIL played football at Auburn in late 60s) but we gave our tickets away after my FIL became extremely ill and they found spots on his liver. He was just moved to a rehab facility this morning and it will be weeks before he is able to go home.

Put a real damper on the game for in the household. :(
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:Sorry to hear, SCS.

Well - at least OU kicking the shit out of Auburn will hopefully bring the spirits up. I plan on drinking about half a gallon of liquor to cushion the pain. :(
Maybe my spirits, don't think it will make him feel better though. lol

Hopefully it doesn't make him stroke out.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Sudden Sam wrote:I get a call yesterday from a buddy in B'ham. Auburn grad. He also picked the Tigers to win the game, but now he's concerned. A friend of his with connections to the AU athletic department, and whose info has always been accurate, told him that Sean White will never start another game at Auburn...that his shoulder is a disaster. Stretched ligaments among other damage.

PW, Carson...y'all heard any such talk?
Rumor confirmed.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Papa Willie wrote:I hate being right when I'm predicting Auburn failures. :(

1. Fire Malzahn. He runs a high school offense. After opponents figured out that they had to retard their thinking, and understand that they were dealing WITH a high school coach, then it was over.

2. Recruit some fucking quarterbacks that can actually THROW the fucking football. If you think you're going to just run 96% of the time on a good team like OU, then you're going to get the shit kicked out of you.

We'll probably go downhill until he leaves now. This game will do severe damage to recruiting - as well it should.
Stidham transfer from Baylor certainly looked the part...big kid, strong arm....played pretty well for BU before bailing on the Briles fallout.

OU played a lot better on both sides of the LOS than i thought they would. bad break for AU with White getting hurt at the end of the 1st half. gave Sooner D a chance to rescheme during the break. otherwise, they have to learn on the fly.

i think Musberger was drunk (as usual).
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Papa Willie wrote: KC - I didn't even know about Stidham until last night. If Auburn actually had a QB that can throw the fucking ball, that offense might actually have a shot at working. OU's D might not be perfect, but if you go 95% run on them, they'll kick your ass - which is exactly what happened.
Stidham didn't commit until middle of December. was AU or ATM.

like i say, he impressed me for a true FR thrust into the starting job in 2015 against OU. big game, made some clutch throws that normal dudes don't make. in the rain. OU won but OU 2015 was pretty hot the last month of the conference season.
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Papa Willie wrote:I can't really argue with that. Of course, 'Bama played those same teams as well, so... :grin:
yeah, but when Bama plays Ole Miss, MSU, ATM, Tenn, Arkansas, and LSU....those are really really good teams. just ask ESPN. :P
"