Glad i took tOSU this week

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Glad i took tOSU this week

Post by Moby Dick »

i'm not too upset with this loss..

what i AM upset with is not going with Mixon more. He's averaging 10 yards a carry and we're just not riding that horse enough.

Terrible play calling on offense and injuries all around are not a good combination with this Ohio St team.... TONS of talent on the buckeyes.

GG
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Re: Glad i took tOSU this week

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Hope I'll have a chance to post an SIAP of it later when I get home.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

What's the over/under on Mixon fucking something up & getting suspended prior to season's end?
E UNUM PLURIBUS
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

OU didn't help themselves much but the better team won. props to the Buckeyes.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Classy posts, Soonerfan. I was actually about to take OU in the Pick'em but then resorted to my internal unofficial rule of not picking (for or against) my own team.

Nonetheless, I was expecting a much closer game and was thoroughly impressed by how well Ohio State played, given how much inexperience is on the roster coupled with the tough early-season night environment in Norman.

Agree with you though, the Sooners could have made this a much more interesting game had they gotten Mixon more touches. I was surprised by how well the Buckeye D stuffed Perine consistently, but equally so that OU kept trying him throughout the game without changing it up. Mayfield made some erratic decisions but also made some really good plays out of nothing. With as much talent was on the field Saturday night, I'm just happy to get out with a W, a game like that can turn on a dime at any moment. OSU D held on just enough not to let the Sooners (and the crowd) back in it.

Looking forward to the return game in C-bus next year (although the visiting team seems to have the upper hand in this one, so maybe not 8)).

Either way, hope you guys win the rest of your games, best of luck this season.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Myself, MO and a couple buddies are making the trip next year...

we'll def have to get together for a few beers!
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

tOSU won in every phase of the game and has mad talent, scary mad young.

Hope the Buckeye fans had a fun trip despite all the road construction.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Moby Dick wrote:Myself, MO and a couple buddies are making the trip next year...

we'll def have to get together for a few beers!
I'll be there as well, staying with a close friend in Akron some of the week; fellow Sooner who has a defense contracting job up there now.

Sorry the SIAP took me so long to get to it, I was getting hammered with stuff at work before I even made it completely home and I completely lost track of doing it at all. Not too much from Saturday because my phone's battery didn't last the entire day. First pic is why the long delay, not from lightning but from a tornadoes possibly forming right above the stadium an hour before kickoff.

Some pics from my other sporting/work event. Went to the Rayo OKC vs Fort Lauderdale Strikers Sunday night after meeting with the front office folks at R-OKC. I usually get somewhat of a red carpet treatment at lower division clubs but Rayo went all out even by those standards. Spoke to and interviewed just about everyone with the club I desire in the front office, hooked me and the family up with the best seats in the house up top the second half home goal's box in the first row; Sat right in between Derek Boateng and Billy Forbes' families if any of you know who they are. Forbes spoke to me for few minutes before the match after coming over and saying hi to his daughters.

Bonus: My daughter's first real live sporting event beside her cousin playing middle school football.

BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Great pics, SCS!
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield