So how do you think your team will do this year?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: So how do you think your team will do this year?

Post by BSmack »

I'm looking forward to the Cuse this year. Not expecting miracles, just hoping that Baber's Baylor style offense doesn't come with Baylor style raping.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote:Auburn:

09/03/16 vs. Clemson - Lose
09/10/16 vs. Arkansas State - Win
09/17/16 vs. Texas A&M - Lose
09/24/16 vs. LSU - Lose
10/01/16 vs. Louisiana-Monroe - Win
10/08/16 at Mississippi State - Lose
10/22/16 vs. Arkansas - Lose
10/29/16 at Ole Miss - Lose*****
11/05/16 vs. Vanderbilt - Win
11/12/16 at Georgia - Lose
11/19/16 vs. Alabama A&M - Win
11/26/16 at Alabama - Lose

4-8

***** - Malzahn's last game

Zero offense. Starting a WR for RB and using a 4th string as his backup. No WR's, and starting White, which means they're going to want to pass more in a non-passing offense. Gus won't adapt.

Outlook - fucked
Ah, Auburn back in the toilet. Everything is right with the world.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Michigan State is breaking in a new QB this year, so any time that happens it is hard to predict how the season will play out. But for the most part, Dantonio's staff has a good track record of developing quarterbacks so I'm not too concerned. By all accounts, fifth year senior Tyler O'Connor will get the nod. He is your prototypical drop back style passer well suited for MSU's system, but he also has some athleticism and shiftiness to his game. The staff used him on a lot of designed runs as part of their game plan to beat Ohio State in the Shoe last year, since the weather was shit and didn't allow for much of an aerial attack.

MSU is deep at the RB position but inexperienced along the o-line, so I'm not quite sure what to expect from the running game. WRs are also young, but talented. Very good group of TEs.

Defensively, MSU should be very good in the back end. Most publications I've read have the Spartans' LB corps second only to Alabama's. Much of the secondary was injured last year, and those guys are back healthy and ready to go. Outside of DT Malik McDowell -- who's a bonafide stud -- I'm a little concerned about the defensive line, especially the end positions and overall depth. Young and unproven players will need to step up. They do have a couple grad transfers coming in so I hope those guys are ready to step in and ball. McDowell will command a lot of double teams so that should free up others to do some work.

I see MSU's floor as 8-4 and ceiling as 11-1. It all boils down to what they get out of the QB position, the o and d lines which are question marks at this point, injuries, and just the way the ball bounces in close games.

Overall, the state of the program is in a very good place. Dantonio has done wonders with lower rated recruiting classes, but now he is starting to haul in some top 15-20ish classes, so it will be interesting to see what he can do going forward. I don't put a ton of stock into recruiting rankings as I think that shit exists mostly to sell subscriptions to fans, but there's something to it.

Once the university completes the giant Sparty statue overlooking the stadium, I think that'll draw the eye of more recruits.

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Once the university completes the giant Sparty statue overlooking the stadium, I think that'll draw the eye of more recruits.
I heard there was a lot of buggery going on in Sparta. This and "300" pretty much confirm that.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

On paper this should be a better year for the Bruins. Nice returning QB, loser OC sent to aTm, tons of depth on D, and a somewhat favorable schedule (non SEC rules apply)......
E UNUM PLURIBUS
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Probably shitty. Hopefully mediocre. Floor is 3-9, ceiling is 6-6. Maybe we get a favorable bowl matchup and finish with a winning season for the first time in way too long. A fella can dream, right?
"Keys, woman!"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mike -- I just took a gander at CU's schedule.

They might beat Colorado State.

Will beat Idaho State.

Will probably beat Oregon State.

And sorry, man, but I just don't see any other wins there. Bad time to be on an extended "rebuilding effort" in the PAC -- shit's getting deep here Out West.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I think Greg Ward and that UofH offense needs to have a banner season if they want to match last season's win total. The o-line introduces three new starters, but all had playing time last season (with the exception of right tackle) due to a myriad of injuries, so I'm not too worried about their abilities to protect Ward. Two new RBs behind him with a lot of talent in power/speed guy Duke Catalon (4 star transfer from Texas) who will get the bulk of the carries and nobody knows who stands behind him on the depth chart. It seems nobody has rightfully taken the job in their August practices thus far. At WR they have three returning rotation guys who all have experience, but Chance Allen is going to have to fill some big shoes with the loss of Demarcus Ayers to the NFL. Allen is a big bodied 6'3" 215) guy who I saw improve consistently with good control and more crisp route running over the course of the season. He caught 56 balls last year as a first year transfer from Oregon. I'd love to see that catch total increase to 70 considering his size and strength to win 50-50 balls thrown his way. Someone who can take pressure off Allen is first year transfer Ra'Shaad Sample from Oklahoma State. He's gonna needs some time to get acclimated to the offense, but if he improves like Allen did midway through the year, then the sting of losing Ayers a year early won't be so bad. But this offense is all predicated on Greg Ward's ability to make others look foolish with his jaw-dropping athleticism. Ward needs to be upright and firing on all cylinders all season long. There is no substitute for the guy.

On defense everyone will be watching the secondary. Travon Stewart, Adrian McDonald, and William Jackson III were straight up criminals in the secondary with their ball hawking skills the last three seasons. Sure, these guys would get burned from time to time but they were a turnover machine. Houston created 43, 31, and 35 turnovers over the past three seasons which was a product of their very aggressive style. McDonald and Stewart were absolute drive killers and just had a nose for getting picks and strips. Losing all three of those guys is impossible to replace in regards to production. I'm not sure if the style of play is going to be changed with three new guys in the secondary, but the turnover numbers are going to take a hit no doubt. The best part of this team (I can't believe I'm saying this) is the front seven. They are loaded with playmakers starting with Steven Taylor at the OLB position. He is a beast with very good pass rushing skills and he can cover. Of course it helps that he has helps with pre-season all-conference DE Cameron Malveaux and DT BJ Singleton. And I haven't even talked about true frosh 5-star Ed Oliver who absolutely dominated the Under Armour game back in January. He was the first to lose his blue stripe on his helmet, meaning he's still impressive among the big boys and is no longer considered fresh meat. This front seven could be the best UofH has ever fielded since the Bill Yeoman days. This group will have to be special to mask the inexperience in the secondary. They will have to put pressure on opposing QBs early and often if Houston wants to match last season's success. It's a tall task, but this font seven unit is deep and capable of pulling it off.

They're going to be good, but not 13-1 good. Losses to OU and Cincy early but they figure it out after that.

10-2. They will be in a an absolute dog fight for a chance at a major bowl.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Are you able to keep your coach after a 10-2 season?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Left Seater wrote:Are you able to keep your coach after a 10-2 season?
I don't know. Too many variables at this point. I'd say no if Strong keeps his job at UT and Houston gets the nod to go to a power 5.

I mean, I don't think aTm is a real threat because their current situation (debt) wouldn't allow them to buy out Herman's contract after one year. Honestly, what glorious job is out there ready for the taking if Strong gets to keep his job?

I don't think Herman wants a fringe powerhouse gig. I think he wants one of the top ten jobs in the country. He'll be content with building something special here until the right gig presents itself. I kind of see a little bit of Chris Peterson/Gary Patterson in Herman in wanting to make a Houston a household name like those guys did with Boise and TCU.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Les Miles is walking on thin ice at LSU.

They're looking, and Houston is right next door...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Carson wrote:Les Miles is walking on thin ice at LSU.
Seems like those "hot seat" rumors have quieted down lately. I was thinking Herman may end up on your team, actually. Unless Houston goes to the B12, like Coogs mentioned, then things get interesting.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

SMU

09/03/16 at North Texas - win
09/10/16 at Baylor - lose
09/17/16 vs. Liberty - win
09/23/16 vs. TCU - lose
10/01/16 at Temple - lose
10/07/16 at Tulsa - win
10/22/16 vs. Houston - lose
10/29/16 at Tulane - win
11/05/16 vs. Memphis - lose
11/12/16 at East Caroline - lose
11/19/16 vs. South Florida - win
11/26/16 vs. Navy - lose

Heart says 7-6 with a bowl win (if this happens Morris will be coaching at aTm next season)
Gut says 4-8 or 5-7.... need more depth!
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

They're looking, and Houston is right next door...
Isn't LSU on a tight budget like aTm? Not sure if they can afford the buyout either.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Hey Coogs, how do all the UT fans down there feel about being the 4th or 5th best program in their own state? That's gotta be rough.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Most of them wouldn't want to be Baylor right about now. Especially seeing as how the latest Baylor arrest post Briles was a cast off from Texas.

Some Texas fans are saying this Frosh QB is the next Colt McCoy and are predicting 8 plus wins. The more realistic fans are wondering if Strong wins enough games this season to get to come back for another year when they should legitimately challenge for the conf title.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Wisky's got 5 opponents that are in the pre-season top 15. They'll beat one of those but also lose to a team they should beat. 7-5.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I figured you were being pessimistic, but after taking a peak at Wisco's schedule, I would have to agree with your assessment. That six-game consecutive stretch of MSU/Mich/OSU/Iowa/Nebraska/Northwestern is pretty rough.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

On top of all that, we lost Joel Stave.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Hey Coogs, how do all the UT fans down there feel about being the 4th or 5th best program in their own state? That's gotta be rough.
It's been a minute since they've been relevant, but I keep hearing they finally have a QB as Lefty pointed out. I'm their biggest cheerleader because their success hinges on Herman staying here another season or two.

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

anything less than the last 4 will disappoint most OU fans but reality....

table is set for a big run...win through october, good to go..lot of O backfield experience with Mayfield, Perine, Mixon....not real go to guy at WR. lose a lot at LB in the great mike stoops scheme (which quelled some of my cynicism last year), no seniors on the OL.

@#15 houston
louisiana monroe in norman
#6 ohio state in norman
@ #13 tcu (patterson wants a real qb for this one)
texas in dallas (stoops has been kinda shit in this one the last 2-3 years....after landry jones was scoring 60 on them in the late mack era)
ksu in norman (snyder has a voodoo doll sometimes for bobby...enough to be afraid)

with preseason "ranked" Baylor and OSU in norman and @Tech (where weird crap happens sometimes)..

i can't pick wins and losses....

i don't think this OU team is better than Clemson or Bama or a couple other teams that may include Ohio State. Houston may beat them....but they could trick their way into like last year. has to beat texas, got kind of a dodge the last two years because his teams won the Sugar Bowl and made the "Final Four". still lost to Texas. that can't be. horns can't be down forever.....they are best manageable when they think they are great but are just pretty good.

as long as Mayfield stays healthy, i say 11-2/10-3 ish. undefeated is possible, but i won't pick it
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Delaware Dave
Jake

Post by Delaware Dave »

Southern Miss should easily get bowl eligible but if they can pick up a win first game against Kentucky and not get blown the hell out against LSU, I'll be happy.
War Wagon wrote:Just what we need, another Dave around here.

Welcome, I guess.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Dinsdale wrote:Mike -- I just took a gander at CU's schedule.

They might beat Colorado State.

Will beat Idaho State.

Will probably beat Oregon State.

And sorry, man, but I just don't see any other wins there. Bad time to be on an extended "rebuilding effort" in the PAC -- shit's getting deep here Out West.
You're probably right. Maybe a 3-9 floor is being too generous, but having watched damn near every snap of the Mac 2.0 era, I really do feel like they're trending in the right direction, even if it isn't reflected in the W-L column. Five of their eight losses last year were by one score. They have to turn the corner eventually, right? I'll concede that a 2-10 season is certainly within the realm of possibility, but that'd almost assuredly result in Mac getting fired and Leavitt taking over, which might actually be the best thing for the program in the long term.

The three games you noted are must-wins at a bare minimum. Road games at Michigan, Oregon, Stanford and SC are practically guaranteed losses. That leaves the following marginally winnable games:

ASU
UCLA (beware the Thursday night home 'dog)
@UA
Wazzou
Utah

With four of those five games in Boulder, if I put on my rose-colored glasses, it's not that crazy to think they could eke out two or three of them. I'm not saying it's anywhere close to a sure thing. Like I said, I see 6-6 as their ceiling. I'd be happy with 5-7 as long as they're competitive in most of the losses. Anything less than that and Mac might be on the way out. At that point, why not just hand the program over to Leavitt and see what he can do? I don't think they made him the highest paid assistant coach in school history just to send him packing along with Mac. I think he's been the contingency plan since the day he was hired.

I'd much rather see them show marked improvement this year under Mac, but I'm not sure I could support bringing him back if we only post 3-4 wins again. We're fucking Colorado, for Christ's sake! Enough is enough! We're an all-time top 25 program that should be an all-time top 20 program. We're the third-winningest team in the Pac-12. It's well beyond time that we start playing like it again.
"Keys, woman!"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Mike: i like McIntyre mostly but I'm not sure he survives to next year given the mood among fans i know.....i think he coaches the season but wins about 4-5 and then Rick George hires someone who pleases the increasingly insane donors and makes his ass-cutting reputation. MM was the kind of guy they should have hired after Hawkins and before the train wreck Embree. losing Davis Webb was rough and kind of weak move from the kid imo. not like Cal is going to be "all that" either. Buffs are way overdue for a good thing to happen and i think that might have been the thing to turn the corner. but ya know, 5 star Conor Wood was pretty shit, too. who knew?

not sure about Dinsdale's claim things are getting deep or that good in the Pac. i see a lot of 7-8 win teams that are OK but nothing special outside Stanford. UO is not Mariota or Chip Kelly good (Helfrich was a weak in house hire), USC is a mystery/coaching vacuum right now....not sold on UCLA ever. UW has been horrible to so-so at best for 20 years but we act like they are something. the Arizona schools are a kind of a weird mediocre constant. outside Stanford and UO before Helfrich, i've been pretty unimpressed by the Pac in both football and basketball since Colorado joined and USC stopped cheating....top to bottom.

how many new QB's in the Pac? let's see how that pans before we call it super nifty hey Dins?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

@Texas - Win
Nevada - Win
MSU - Win
Duke - Win
Syracuse - Win
@NCSt - Win
Stanford - Win
Miami - Loss
Navy - Win
Army - Win
VaTech - Win
@USC - Loss

Gets into a big bowl, gets matched up with whatever SEC team was on the bubble and ND gets it's doors blown off. Lather, rinse, repeat.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Damn Killian, that's a killer *non-conference schedule right there.

*You guys are in the ACC now, right?
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

King Crimson wrote:(Helfrich was a weak in house hire)... UO before Helfrich
Yeah. No way that guy could ever take a team to the Championship Game.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

L45B wrote:Damn Killian, that's a killer *non-conference schedule right there.

*You guys are in the ACC now, right?
Defacto ACC member. My guess is they will be full members within 10 years.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Dinsdale wrote:
King Crimson wrote:(Helfrich was a weak in house hire)... UO before Helfrich
Yeah. No way that guy could ever take a team to the Championship Game.
with Chip's guys. and Mariota.

is Helfrich going to be in the championship game in 5 years? i bet you he's the OC at some place like Fresno or San Jose State.
"
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Stanford is, as usual, an enigma before the start of the season. The polls have them at #7 and #8. The PAC12 press corps picks them to win the conference, yet ESPN's FPI has them at #21 behind USC, UCLA and Washington. The FPI also has them projected to win 7.4 games, as underdogs to USC at home and UCLA, Washington, Notre Dame, Arizona and Oregon on the road and only 8.3% chance of winning the conference.

My take?

They probably have more offensive talent starting the season than they've had in my memory. They're deep at RB (McCaffrey, Bryce Love and Cameron Scarlett), WR and TE. I wouldn't be surprised to see Trenton Irwin (former 5 star true soph at WR) and/or Dalton Schultz (JR TE) have a breakout season. The two areas of perceived weakness are the line and QB. They're only returning two starters on the line, but they've always been able to reload there. They have to replace a four year starter at QB with one of two (or three) who have basically no game experience. But Burns (who was named the starter) and Chryst are both big (6'5", 235-240) talented, highly recruited kids with strong arms. The freshman (KJ Costello) may actually turn out to be the best of the three. The fact that Shaw has had a hard time choosing could actually be a good sign. I'm not all that worried. After all, I think there have been a few NC's won recently with first year starting QB's.

On defense, the line is deeper than last year. The backfield is loaded with talent. They lost some good linebackers but there's talent there too.

The schedule is brutal up front. After the first game on Friday against KSU they have a bye week and then four top 20 teams (plus Wazzu) in the next five weeks, with UCLA, Washington and Notre Dame on the road. If they can get through that stretch with one or no losses, they could run the table. Not predicting that, but it could happen. I think UCLA and Washington are overrated at this point. Stanford has beaten UCLA something like 85 straight games in a row and I don't see a loss there. Notre Dame is the toughest in that stretch but a loss there (especially a close one) wouldn't necessarily close the door to the playoffs. And then, of course, there's @Oregon. Pretty sure the Ducks will be about 5-4 by then and struggling for relevance.

Prediction:

KSU - Win
USC - Win
@UCLA - Win
@Washington - Win
Washington State - Win
@Notre Dame - Loss
Colorado - Win
@Arizona - Win
Oregon State - Win
@Oregon - Win
@Kal - Win
Rice - Win

OK this is wishful thinking. We have historically had problems with Oregon and Washington but those are definitely winnable games.
I think we'll learn a lot on Friday night. Haven't done too well against purple Wildcats lately.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Always the optimist.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Mikey wrote:
I think we'll learn a lot on Friday night. Haven't done too well against purple Wildcats lately.
hard to know with KState and Snyder. athlon picks KSU 8 in the Big XII....but they should be better than last year's 6-7 team getting two QB's and DB's back from injury. a game Stanford should win....and Darth's hate of real OOC games....he may throw this on purpose so he doesn't have to play another. he'd rather be playing the Leathernecks of Western Illinois on his fast turf at home every week until conference play starts. but, i've come around and sort of like the guy. he's a had a couple teams even in this 2nd phase were great to watch. inventive on offense, no turnovers, forcing turnovers, the weird blocking and tackling thing we used to think were important....special teams scores....few penalties. in the end....they had to play someone with much better players who didn't beat themselves...but they won 9 games with 5 win talent.

I'd go Stanford 38-20 in this one. they'll have better athletes at almost every position.
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Hey, Schmickedy.

I really have no idea who will win the South. So very wide open. I could see USC winning it, or finishing 5th. On paper, UCLA seems tohave the most talent... but they also have Mora, who never saw a big game he couldn't lose.

Utah lost some defense, but they always do, and are still likely sneaky-good.

Zona and ASU have gradually been getting better.

Seems like any of the 5 could win the division (sorry to set off a drinking bender, Mike), and with one misstep, could end up 5th.

I still hear some barking and mewling from the folks to my north, but puh-leez -- it's still Oregon and Stanford's division to lose. The Seattle and Pullman dipshits have been celebrating the death of the Ducks for a few years now -- and are still getting owned (although the Cougs broke their streak due to a QB injury, and no backup).
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Dinsdale wrote: On paper, UCLA seems to have the most talent... but they also have Mora, who never saw a big game he couldn't lose.
I'd love to take issue with that statement. But I can't. :|

Also, Stanford had to be proud that the KSU fans made more noise in their opener than the home team.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Like Stanford's home stadium isn't a ghost town for every other game?

Speaking of -- Stanford's O_Line looked like complete garbage last night. They better get that tightened up, or they'll become Stanford again in a big hurry.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:Like Stanford's home stadium isn't a ghost town for every other game?

Speaking of -- Stanford's O_Line looked like complete garbage last night. They better get that tightened up, or they'll become Stanford again in a big hurry.
That was painful to watch. Second half I was starting to have deja vu from last year's opener. But...a w is a w and they have two weeks to get the kinks worked out before the Condoms come to town.

On the bright side:
McCaffrey was McCaffrey. When he had some room. The punt return that was called back was the highlight of the game.
Burns played well when given a chance. Completed his first 10 throws including a nice TD to Rector.
The defense was solid with 8 sacks and 2 int's. A few things need work like not letting the QB escape when under pressure.
Special teams played well. Punting averaged 46 yards with 2 inside the 5 yard line. Ukropina made his only FG try at 50 yards.

On the not so bright side:
The O line needs to get their shit together.
Part of the O line's problem was the play calling. Not too much imagination there. Sort of like last year against Northwestern. I think Shaw's brain gets rusty in the summer.

I can't and won't even try to defend the local fan base. I grew up there but moved away long before it became Silicon Valley. It's a completely different place. I guess Chinese and Indian H1B workers and other neck beard types just aren't that into football.

Like I said, it's a W. Not impressive, but at least we're not Oklahoma.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

UCLA looking pretty damn soft right now. The way their O line is playing Rosen may not last until the Stanford game.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

UCLame tied now.
:shock:
Too bad I gotta run...
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Syracuse is about where I hoped they would be. They suck on defense but bring some excitement to the table. The reality is that recruiting is paramount. They just don't have the horses right now.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Seems like those "hot seat" rumors have quieted down lately. I was thinking Herman may end up on your team, actually. Unless Houston goes to the B12, like Coogs mentioned, then things get interesting.
You were saying?