Will Your Team Have a First Year Starter at QB?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Will Your Team Have a First Year Starter at QB?

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Tyler O'Connor should get the nod for Michigan State. He's a fifth year senior so I expect him to play well. He has one career start under his belt -- a win over #3 Ohio State in Columbus.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

O'Korn is a highly touted transfer from Houston that was supposed to be a shoe in having spent his year sitting out rooming with Ruddock and getting a grasp of the offense. He also won the Manning QB camp competition. But word is that Wilton Speight had out performed him through the spring. Hopefully that's more about Speight's improvement and not O'Korn's inconsistency. Smart money has been on O'Korn since he arrived last year and ran the scout team offenses. either way it's a first year starter.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

David Shaw hasn't chosen yet (supposedly) between Keller Chryst and Ryan Burns. Both are about 6'5" and 240, and highly recruited out of HS. The smart money is on Chryst, who went to Palo Alto HS (across the street from Stanford) and was the primary backup last year. He can supposedly throw the ball 70+ yards. His father is the 49ers OC and his uncle is the HC at Wisconsin.

Neither has much game experience, though Chryst got in against Central Florida and Arizona last year, where he was 4-4 for 39 yards and at TD. Also showed some Andrew Luck style aggressiveness blocking for McCaffrey.

https://www.facebook.com/stanfordfootba ... 983009739/

A longshot is incoming freshman KJ Costello, who could end up the best of the three.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

WolverineSteve wrote:O'Korn is a highly touted transfer from Houston that was supposed to be a shoe in having spent his year sitting out rooming with Ruddock and getting a grasp of the offense. He also won the Manning QB camp competition. But word is that Wilton Speight had out performed him through the spring. Hopefully that's more about Speight's improvement and not O'Korn's inconsistency. Smart money has been on O'Korn since he arrived last year and ran the scout team offenses. either way it's a first year starter.
I don't get the O'Korn hype. If he's so good, why was he benched for a WR? Houston won 13 games after making a change at QB. Perhaps Coogs can provide some insight. My money is on Speight winning the job.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
WolverineSteve wrote:O'Korn is a highly touted transfer from Houston that was supposed to be a shoe in having spent his year sitting out rooming with Ruddock and getting a grasp of the offense. He also won the Manning QB camp competition. But word is that Wilton Speight had out performed him through the spring. Hopefully that's more about Speight's improvement and not O'Korn's inconsistency. Smart money has been on O'Korn since he arrived last year and ran the scout team offenses. either way it's a first year starter.
I don't get the O'Korn hype. If he's so good, why was he benched for a WR? Houston won 13 games after making a change at QB. Perhaps Coogs can provide some insight. My money is on Speight winning the job.
O'Korn is a bit of a head scratcher as far as his development here in Houston went. He played very well as a true freshman and all signs pointed to him being as good, if not better, than Kevin Kolb. He came in his sophomore season and completely fell flat on his face. He was highly inaccurate, held on to the ball too long, and made very poor decisions overall.

I honestly think after his dismal performance in the home opener against UTSA it really messed up his head. Tony Levine and the coaching staff did not know how to bring him around, so he was benched for Ward. The kid was a true head case after that opener. I mean, it was grossly apparent.
However, the offense was terrible that year as a whole. They regressed terribly once Keenum and Sumlin were gone.

I hope O'Korn gets the starting nod for Michigan because I'd like to see him get back on his feet again.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

Looks like the son of former Texas Ranger great Steve Buechele will be starting for the Longhorns this fall. Hope that works out for ole Charlie.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Wisky will have a first-year starter. Probably Bart Houston. Highly touted out of a Cali high school, but could never beat out Joel Stave. But then, who could? :mrgreen:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

No. Just a loudmouth with a great arm. He needs to learn to shut up & throw. Maybe he's getting tips from that UCLA punter who talked himself out of a job in Minnesota.
E UNUM PLURIBUS