Conf expansion prediction

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Re: Conf expansion prediction

Post by MuchoBulls »

I firmly believe that IF the Big XII expands, then they are going to look at the AAC programs.

If academics is that large of a criteria (and it certainly seems to be), then the 2 biggest names being mentioned in the media (Houston and Cincinnati) are also the 2 weakest academically.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Go Coogs' wrote:
MuchoBulls wrote:A market that dis already within the Big XII footprint, so adding UH does nothing for the Big XII from that standpoint.

Plus, it's probably safe to assume that all programs outside the state of Texas are not going to vote for another program from Texas.
A market that saw the SEC dominate the tv ratings the last few seasons. Again, UH/OU just scored a 12.8 in the Houston market in a timeslot where other games were being played. UT/ND scored an 11.5 during primetime when no other games were being played. Texas and ESPN realize they've lost the Houston market and want it back. Houston now has the 2nd largest on campus residency in the state; they will be the 3rd largest city in the US by 2022 with a viewership of over 7 million in the region.

LS, where have you been? TF just cut UH a check for $20m for a $60m basketball arena. They've already approved a new indoor practice facility and TF is on record of saying he will financially back stadium expansion once UH is in.

Cougar High no more.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

We're not taking in more Texas refugees... drugs are bad.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

Well that wasn't very interesting. Everybody but Texas and OU better start planning for what future is available to them. It wouldn't be surprising if OU bails asap. I would imagine Texas will hang out until they are told the checks are gonna stop rolling in then take their pick of what conference offers the most.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

txangler74 wrote:Well that wasn't very interesting. Everybody but Texas and OU better start planning for what future is available to them. It wouldn't be surprising if OU bails asap. I would imagine Texas will hang out until they are told the checks are gonna stop rolling in then take their pick of what conference offers the most.
The GOR language is very vague and basic which means OU would have to cut the Big XII a massive check for projected future earnings for the next 9 years. OU and Texas' share of earnings would bring in way more than the little 8 and their exit fee today would most likely be 150mm+. That's being conservative, too. No, OU and Texas can't leave early until closer to 2021 when the buyout is more affordable unless the little 8 invites 4 teams and get OU and Texas to convince the networks to let the remaining and new schools keep their P5 status through 2030. That's the play I would make if I were the other schools. Let OU and UT out now at $75mm each and invite Houston, Cincy, USF, and Memphis and sign a new deal through 2030 and keep your p5 status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

Go Coogs' wrote:
txangler74 wrote:Well that wasn't very interesting. Everybody but Texas and OU better start planning for what future is available to them. It wouldn't be surprising if OU bails asap. I would imagine Texas will hang out until they are told the checks are gonna stop rolling in then take their pick of what conference offers the most.
The GOR language is very vague and basic which means OU would have to cut the Big XII a massive check for projected future earnings for the next 9 years. OU and Texas' share of earnings would bring in way more than the little 8 and their exit fee today would most likely be 150mm+. That's being conservative, too. No, OU and Texas can't leave early until closer to 2021 when the buyout is more affordable unless the little 8 invites 4 teams and get OU and Texas to convince the networks to let the remaining and new schools keep their P5 status through 2030. That's the play I would make if I were the other schools. Let OU and UT out now at $75mm each and invite Houston, Cincy, USF, and Memphis and sign a new deal through 2030 and keep your p5 status.

I think the networks will be the ones offering buy outs. Big 12 viewer ratings are in the tank and the conference top to bottom is mediocre at best. It's all about eyeballs and the Big 12 has less and less of them.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Go Coogs' wrote:

Your desperation is obvious...
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.