Post by The Seer »

schmick wrote: Even Karl Dorrell
Dorrell looks down on nobody.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Re: Texas fired the wrong guy

Post by Moby Dick »

A part of me loves what Texas is going through.

Another part thinks...wtf texas..Oklahoma NEEDS you to be good. COME ON!

And then there's another part of me that knows it could just as easily be OU sitting with that shit record and makes me thankful for what we got going on...even if it Is a random 8-5 season peppered in the middle of 4 or 5 10 win seasons.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i think Oklahoma is an 8 or 9 win team. still play on the road at Ok state and Baylor.

edit: i should prolly add @K State, too. Darth Snyder has Stoops number sometimes. OU has also been eminently beatable in Norman the last couple three years (after a decade of never losing)....so, TCU is in the mix.
Last edited by King Crimson on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i do like when the Seer bangs on Karl Dorrell, and Steve Lavin.

and i don't believe in Mike Stoops D. Sooners have some guys who can pass
rush and Eric Striker...i think we need to score 50 to beat anyone good....and a lot of 3 and outs in Lincoln Riley's Air Raid O....which is bailed out a lot by Mayfield running.

call me cynical, boomer sooner.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Strong's benefit of the doubt has expired. He's a fucking joke and I'm not laughing. I don't think I've ever seen a major program more poorly prepared and completely unschooled in the basic fundamentals. He is a worthless turd that can't be flushed soon enough.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I think Strong's problem was starting over. He had to take out all the miscreant trash that Mack left him.

Seems like he won with platers he got to come from all over to a much lesser football school. Like winning BCS bowls and stuff.

He doesn't seem to suffer the malfeasant fools very well. Not a bad mantra.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Dinsdale wrote:I think Strong's problem was starting over. He had to take out all the miscreant trash that Mack left him.

Seems like he won with platers he got to come from all over to a much lesser football school. Like winning BCS bowls and stuff.

He doesn't seem to suffer the malfeasant fools very well. Not a bad mantra.
Yet he won 6 games with Mack's trash. Now that he is mostly going with his guys he is looking at 3-9.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

To me it isn't even what kind of players he has. Just look at a season and a half of dreadful, pitiful special teams, poor clock management, and an overall feel that the coaches have lost the players. I really liked the hire of Strong at the time and until the past couple of weeks I was still buying into what he was selling. But this team is going backwards. There is no improvement in any phases of the game. The offense looks a little better than when Shawn Watson was calling plays but they still suck.But to me the real kicker is how bad the defense has regressed. Vance Bedford may host entertaining press conferences and has some good one liners, but even Manny Diaz is embarrassed at what Texas calls a defense now. I was ready for the Mack Brown era to come to a close, but shit, Mack Brown went 8-5 with a DC change after the season started and Case McCoy as QB. Oh how I long for such a glorious record as 8-5. OU will rape Texas this week and I'm afraid of how many points Baylor is going to put up.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Left Seater wrote:...he is looking at 3-9.
With a few breaks and a little luck....maybe.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

schmick wrote:Hopefully the interim AD has the pills to fire Charlie Strong at the airport, that piece of shit is worthless. Even Karl Dorrel and Ty Willingham think Charlie Strong is a shit coach
Stick to things you know. You know nothing about what is going on in Austin. Mack's JR's and SR's aren't good enough to beat out Freshman. End of story. When a True Freshman who is 18 is better than a 21 year old who has been in the program for 3-4 years, that's on Mack. Mack loved to look at the ratings and not the players ability and ceiling. He had the luxury of having good QB's for 10 years. Then he had nothing and the team struggled. When was the last time Texas had an offensive lineman drafted? A WR? A TE? I can't remember either.

Charlie had to change the culture. It takes time. The Big XII isn't a cupcake conference and his team is struggling with the speed and skill of the teams. That happens to Freshman. Most Texas fans think we should be undefeated and playing for a MNC every year because of the success we had for 12 years. Well that changed when Mack stopped recruiting and started choosing. When he couldn't get over the loss to Alabama and couldn't see a Heisman winner begging to come to Texas it was time to make the change. He let 3 straight Heisman winners go elsewhere. That's on him. A&M, Baylor and TCU all gained footing because of his attitude and his inability to dig his head out of his ass.

We will probably be 3-9 this year. The experience will make these kids better and they will be much improved in 2016 and 2017. The retarded fans who complain need to shut up and let Charlie have his 5 years. If after 5 years we are still 3-9, then he needs to go. I just don't see that as as possibility.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Harvdog wrote:The retarded fans who complain need to shut up and let Charlie have his 5 years.
Go fuck yourself. He's a shit coach and it shows on the field.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

mvscal wrote:
Harvdog wrote:The retarded fans who complain need to shut up and let Charlie have his 5 years.
Go fuck yourself. He's a shit coach and it shows on the field.
Thanks. I would expect better from you mvscal.

When Mack was on this way out you didn't have ex players and other coaches defending him. It was time. I have yet to see a current or former UT player come out and say that Charlie needs to go. The players know what Charlie is dealing with. The current players all believe in him. They are young and are making mistakes. It sucks to watch but the end result is experience. This is what this team is lacking. If he can't get it together after he has 3 of his recruiting classes on the 40 acres, then I agree we need to cut bait. He has 1 recruiting class that is his. The first class was Mack's and he had a few kids that he brought over from Louisville. His first class has 17 kids who are currently playing because they are better than what Mack recruited. Let him do his job and be patient. Its a process not a sprint.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

So why are freshmen tweeting from the locker room at halftime?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Harvdog wrote:The current players all believe in him.
I doubt half of them even know who he is. I guess maybe they've seen his picture on the wall somewhere in the building.
They are young and are making mistakes.
That's right I forgot. Texas is the only team in college football starting young players. How long do you milk that weak excuse?

:meds:

The problem isn't young players. The problem is that Strong doesn't know how to prepare them to play. It is embarrassingly obvious. Just look at the sideline. Total confusion. Penalty after penalty. Brainfart after brainfart. For such an allegedly strict disciplinarian, it's surprising to see how little that means looking at the product on the field.

At the rate things are going, he's done after this year and should be. He's garbage. The new AD isn't going want anything to do with that clown. Brown hung on several years too long. Let's not make that mistake again. I didn't have a problem with the hire. He was ready to be tested at a higher level. He failed. Next man up.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

schmick wrote:
Harvdog wrote:
schmick wrote:Hopefully the interim AD has the pills to fire Charlie Strong at the airport, that piece of shit is worthless. Even Karl Dorrel and Ty Willingham think Charlie Strong is a shit coach
Stick to things you know. You know nothing about what is going on in Austin. Mack's JR's and SR's aren't good enough to beat out Freshman. End of story. When a True Freshman who is 18 is better than a 21 year old who has been in the program for 3-4 years, that's on Mack. Mack loved to look at the ratings and not the players ability and ceiling. He had the luxury of having good QB's for 10 years. Then he had nothing and the team struggled. When was the last time Texas had an offensive lineman drafted? A WR? A TE? I can't remember either.

Charlie had to change the culture. It takes time. The Big XII isn't a cupcake conference and his team is struggling with the speed and skill of the teams. That happens to Freshman. Most Texas fans think we should be undefeated and playing for a MNC every year because of the success we had for 12 years. Well that changed when Mack stopped recruiting and started choosing. When he couldn't get over the loss to Alabama and couldn't see a Heisman winner begging to come to Texas it was time to make the change. He let 3 straight Heisman winners go elsewhere. That's on him. A&M, Baylor and TCU all gained footing because of his attitude and his inability to dig his head out of his ass.

We will probably be 3-9 this year. The experience will make these kids better and they will be much improved in 2016 and 2017. The retarded fans who complain need to shut up and let Charlie have his 5 years. If after 5 years we are still 3-9, then he needs to go. I just don't see that as as possibility.

USC didnt have a team filled with Freshman? 4 of their 5 O linemen in the bowl game last year were true freshman. Their leading reciever, Juju Smith, didnt even turn 18 until the week after the neuter lame game. Their best special team player and starting corner, Adoree Jackson was a true freshman. USC has had to go with freshman at nearly every position since 2010... Its rarely that the school even has a senior, most the players tend to leave after their third year at the school and are either juniors or rs sophomores when they leave. Let me know when USC goes 3-9 and uses underclassmen players as the excuse

Strong is horrible, no excuse can be made for a program like texas being 3-9, Mack never went 3-9 so blaming him is a joke....its like owebama blaming his failings on Bush, charlie strong is the borat owebama of college football
Yet JuJu Smith had a QB in Kessler who can read a defense and can throw to a hot read. We lost our starter in week one last year along with a senior center and Tyrone Swoopes was thrust into the starting QB role. This is the kid Mack chose over JT Barrett. Nice eval Mack. Having an experienced QB makes a difference in the offensive output of the team. And before you bring up Ohio State and Cardele Jones, he had experienced skill players, a great running back and a veteran line. Swooped should have never seen the field last year. That's on Mack for thinking he was better than JT Barrett.

How does USC go with Freshman every year since 2010 at all positions? That doesn't make sense.

Mack did go 5-7 and was lucky to get 5 wins in 2011. As for kids tweeting at halftime....immaturity. Plain and simple and it will be handled.

I like Charlie. He will be just fine. If we are this bad next year, I may change my tune.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

schmick wrote: USC didnt have a team filled with Freshman? 4 of their 5 O linemen in the bowl game last year were true freshman. Their leading reciever, Juju Smith, didnt even turn 18 until the week after the neuter lame game.
You do realize that other people have the Google Machine as well and can easily call you on your bullshit, right? Or do you just not know your team that well?
USCTrojans.com wrote:The young Trojan offensive line, with 3 true freshman starters, is led by All-Pac-12 first team C Max Tuerk
Wikipedia.com wrote:JuJu Smith - DOB September 19, 1996 (Age 19)
Last edited by Killian on Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Harvdog wrote: If we are this bad next year, I may change my tune.
Realistically I don't think he has that much time. Fair or not, if the team is still playing the way it is now, he's done after this season. I can't see any incoming AD being very interested in hooking his wagon to a floundering coach.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Nobody cares.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Killian with the fucking money shot...

RACK and :bode: