Has anybody noticed.....

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Re: Has anybody noticed.....

Post by SunCoastSooner »

There are two or three teams that look better than everyone else. None of them are in the SEC so you wouldn't recognize them.

Oklahoma, Oregon, and Baylor.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:There are two or three teams that look better than everyone else. None of them are in the SEC so you wouldn't recognize them.

Oklahoma, Oregon, and Baylor.

How much Big12 cum do you have in your mouth today, dude? Who in the FUCK have Oklahomo or Baylor even played? I mean - if one of them beats the fuck out of the other, then I might say that would maybe be a team to consider, but you can't tell.

I would have said Oregon, but they didn't look like all of that last week.

Compare it to FSU last year. It was obvious they were just above everybody else. Not seeing that out of anybody so far this year.
Please, the rest of our conference is a pillow fight between bottom bitches for the couch. We have two great teams who are going to blow the doors off of everyone else and that's it. I expect both to come out flat on two road games and kill everyone else other than each other (winner of that game might be a blow out too though).

Yeah, Baylor is pretty Mod damn good and scare the fuck out of me. Bryce Petty was running fools over as a QB last night with broken bones in his back. I don't think he is fucking human and I want his DNA tested immediately. First Brittney Griner the shemale in basketball and now they have the fucking Wolverine in football . . . fucking bullshit.

KD Cannon is fast, real fast.

I wake up every morning and sacrifice a chicken to my heathen deity in thabks that Art Briles hates the University of Texas and the cult of the cow as much as I do.

Forgive me for thinking that this season we found two great teams in this pile of shit the rest of the conference is.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Yeah, I like Baylor too, but it's pretty easy to look better than everyone else when your competition thus far has been: SMU, Northwestern State, Buffalo and Iowa State. Give me a fecking break. Play somebody already.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

SMU is a sleeping giant. Just about ready to turn the corner.

DATE OPPONENT RESULT

Sun, Aug 31 @ #10 Baylor L 45-0

Sat, Sept 6 @ North Texas L 43-6

Sat, Sept 20 vs #6 Texas A&M L 58-6

Sat, Sept 27 vs TCU L 56-0
E UNUM PLURIBUS
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

Tune in to one of our games. June Jones stopped recruiting 3 years ago. Our AD claims the phone is ringing off the hook with potential hires. Basketball season can't get here fast enough!
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Papa Willie wrote:
Holy shit. Michigan thought they had problems.

At least Michigan hasn't had they most famous player call for the program to be fixed or shut down.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

txangler74 wrote:Tune in to one of our games. June Jones stopped recruiting 3 years ago. Our AD claims the phone is ringing off the hook with potential hires. Basketball season can't get here fast enough!
SMU is fucked.
matteric
Elwood

Post by matteric »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
SMU is fucked.

You can pretty much say that about any school with a religious affiliation.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

matteric wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
SMU is fucked.

You can pretty much say that about any school with a religious affiliation.
Baylor is at least a top ten team right now. Notre Dame top ten. BYU and TCU are both ranked.

You're kind of a moron.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa, I left this thread alone for a few days because you tried to turn it into a B12 pissing match. I addressed that but I wanted to be real thorough in this post. You wanna make light of the situation mass media (Disney/CBS) is putting college football in then for real fuck you. That's personal to me. I love this game.

You claim there's no bias. Puhlease. Exhibit "A" and my rant on the Auburn/KState ESPN broadcast everyone has seen.

I have a question for you . . . Why is one loss Georgia (whose one loss is to another one loss team) ranked higher than undefeated Nebraska? Georgia has fourteen starters returning, Nebraska has sixteen. Nebraska for sure plays in an overall crappy conference this year but as I recall Nebraska beat Georgia last season. Nebraska has more returning starters, is undefeated, and beat Georgia heads up in a bowl game last season but is still looking up at them in the polls. Seems legit.

Why again is Alabama ranked higher than Oklahoma again? Oklahoma has all but four guys returning from a team that thoroughly raped Bama in the Sugar Bowl . . . How many starters did Bama lose from last year's team? But OU is looking up at them in the polls? Seems legit.

Auburn 24-10 over Louisiana Tech after three quarters. (final score was 45-17)
ESPN wrote: Nick Marshall's 3 TD passes lead No. 5 Auburn to rout of Louisiana Tech

Oklahoma 41-3 over Louisana Tech after three quarters. (final score was 48-16)
ESPN wrote:No. 4 Oklahoma defeats Louisiana Tech 48-16"

:logan: :hfal:
Last edited by SunCoastSooner on Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Bull. Fucking. Shit.

bammers think bama is the goodest ever and no other team should even be mentioned in the same breath as almighty bama and their lord Saban.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:The bias is very obvious on Saturdays and in print/online.

Everyone seems anxious to get their two cents in that the SEC is the best overall conference.

It does get ridiculous the way it's all presented. Even I get tired of it.
Generally speaking, the annoyance over the slurpfest has less to do with proven programs like Bama/Auburn/LSU and more to do with the middling cockslaps like Ole Miss who, so far in 2014, have nothing impressive on their resume, and no benefit-of-the-doubt type of historical success to default to, already on the verge of cracking the top 10 before October.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:

Everyone seems anxious to get their two cents in that the SEC is the best overall conference.

Generally speaking, the annoyance over the slurpfest has less to do with proven programs like Bama/Auburn/LSU and more to do with the middling cockslaps like Ole Miss who, so far in 2014, have nothing impressive on their resume, and no benefit-of-the-doubt type of historical success to default to, already on the verge of cracking the top 10 before October.
Rack
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Pretty much this. ND was getting shit because they let Purdue stay within 16 points of them, even after they gorilla raped Michigan. Michigan may suck this year, but they are about on par with Ole Miss's best win.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Papa Willie wrote:Tell me you haven't noticed all the Yankee/Red Sox/Patriots/Eagles/Ravens/Redskins/everything else.
Rutgers. Don't forget about Rutgers. I swear, I can't turn on ESPN for 30 seconds without hearing all the Gary Nova Heisman talk and the 4-1 Scarlett Knights.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Papa Willie wrote: If you'll notice in all the other sports - ESPN has an enormous NE bias. Tell me you haven't noticed all the Yankee/Red Sox/Patriots/Eagles/Ravens/Redskins/everything else.
You got fucking obliterated a few years ago when you tried to run this shit take up a flag pole. Stop.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Papa Willie wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:Tell me you haven't noticed all the Yankee/Red Sox/Patriots/Eagles/Ravens/Redskins/everything else.
Rutgers. Don't forget about Rutgers. I swear, I can't turn on ESPN for 30 seconds without hearing all the Gary Nova Heisman talk and the 4-1 Scarlett Knights.
A few years ago when Rutgers had a decent team, ESPN was sucking their cocks with vigor. Rutgers is seemingly doing fairly well so far this year. Watch the vigorous cock-suck fest start after they beat Michigan this weekend.
Why can't Rutgers get a little love once every 25 years? You don't seem to be pissed with undeserving SEC teams getting the same treatment on a much more frequent basis.
Killian

Post by Killian »

The guy won 5 world championships and collected over 3500 hits while playing for the most famous team in the history of that sport and possibly all sports. It had nothing to do with a NE bias.

I’m not going down this hole with you again. In basketball, it was all about the Heat and will be all about the Cavs. Football, right now, is all about Seattle. ESPN is a front running whore and it just so happens that a lot of recent championships have come from the NE. Nothing more.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Papa Willie wrote:Current news on ESPN's web site:

Cowboys won't act unless Spillman charged Video South West
Seahawks' Wilson: Used to beat people up North West
Former U.S. district judge to hear Rice appeal National
Butler coach takes medical leave of absence Midwest
Nats to send Strasburg to mound in Game 1 Video North East, current playoff team
Pollard: I wouldn't root for 1-3 Titans, either South West
Jets owner: Geno can still be franchise QB Video North East
Notre Dame CB: Irish 'becoming ridiculous' Video Midwest
A's Beane defends trades despite early exit Video West
Cabrera declines playoff bonus, report says Video Midwest
Sando: Why Jets could soon bench QB Smith Insider North East

MUST SEE
NASCAR: Gordon leaps to top in Power Ranks National
In The Game: Roberts & Leroux talk soccer Video International
Fleming: Can Cleveland, Browns share rebirth? Midwest
Howard: Is Michael Vick the Jets' best chance? North East
Custance: Five NHL players on their last chance National
TrueOKC: Will Thunder extend Reggie Jackson? Midwest
espnW: Volleyballers carry on moms' legaciesWho cares?
Taylor: Murray keeps an old-school approach No clue
Fortuna: Inside Brian Kelly's office at ND Photo Gallery Midwest
TMQ: Why mega-trades don't work in the NFL National

Like you've never seen them suck ND's cock?
Yeah, I can totally see an North East bias there. :meds: Notre Dame cuts both ways. When they are good, all the fans want to read nice articles about them. When they are bad, all the people that hate them want to read how fucking bad they are.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

^^Ouch.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

OK, topic at hand...

Too early to tell. Theoretically, any of the undefeateds could be the "runaway," and we don't know it yet. Tonight, an undefeated is going down (and I'm pretty sure it won't be Oregon).

I'd say the teams that have the best chance of proving themselves as the clear best are probably QQMF, OU, Bama (although Lame's offense might not be enough to compensate for that lackluster defense), Baylor, aTm, and...

I dunno. Give it a couple of weeks. Heck, Cupcake Season just ended.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Killian

Post by Killian »

Papa Willie wrote: So by looking at this, you do realize that you are erasing the SEC bias theory? ND is the second biggest market in NYC:
What the fuck are you talking about? You do realize that we are talking about a bias within a specific sport, not a bias in covering all sports, right?
Papa Willie wrote:Say what you want, but there's just a whole lot more people down here that watch CF than anywhere else. You can bet that the smaller towns down here are a helluva lot more fanatical about it than the bigger towns down here as well.
No shit, Marcus. You don't say? I wonder why that is? Could it be because there are no pro teams in Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi and South Carolina; one team in Louisiana; and two teams in Tennessee? Missouri and Texas both have pretty strong pro sports followings, as does Florida, because they all have teams in each of the 4 major sports.
Papa Willie wrote:But seriously - for the other sports? Gimme a break. It's NE most of the time.
Bull. Shit. Last year football was all Peyton, all the time. Now it's all about Seattle, San Fran, and then maybe the struggles with New England. Basketball was all about the Heat, soon to be all about the Cavs. Who gives a fuck about Hockey. Who really gives a fuck about baseball? But with those two sports, the two sports that are probably least participated in, the majority of the successful teams reside in the north east.

Don't float some bullshit theory out there, expect not to be called on it and then try to change it back to the "topic at hand."
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Any of Wazzu's traditional rivals (Oregon, Oregon State, UDub, maybe a couple of others) always seem to have their hands full going into The Shithole, regardless of the apparent disparity at the time. I think part of it was the strength of Oregon's secondary (front seven haven't impressed to much, outside of the Sparty game) -- Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, hadn't been thrown at the entire season (Sparty included). The opponents did their homework, and wanted no part of the guy... so he's pretty much not been playing "cornerback," and pretty much been an extra linebacker... and Leech (misspelling intentional) knew what he wanted to do with that -- with Ifo staying in the box until someone made him do something different, Wazzu threw that way all night until Pellum made a (slow) adjustment. Ekpre-Olomu may be fast as lightning, but he's not fast enough to spot a P5-caliber receiver 10 yards and still make a play -- "the best corner in the country" got lit up that game. I think Pellum is going to rethink his strategy about the kinda-sorta 4-4-3 alignment. That's what kept Wazzu in it.

We'll know more after tonight (sin, MA). The Fighting Dickrods like to air it up, as well.

And I'll probably be working tonight -- radio it is. I'll take out my anger over it by starting at about 9AM Saturday, and watching BTPCFB until the last game is over. Seems like they don't show Hawaii home night games anymore -- that would get me through until 1AM.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
matteric
Elwood

Post by matteric »

Papa Willie wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:OK, topic at hand...

Too early to tell. Theoretically, any of the undefeateds could be the "runaway," and we don't know it yet. Tonight, an undefeated is going down (and I'm pretty sure it won't be Oregon).

I'd say the teams that have the best chance of proving themselves as the clear best are probably QQMF, OU, Bama (although Lame's offense might not be enough to compensate for that lackluster defense), Baylor, aTm, and...

I dunno. Give it a couple of weeks. Heck, Cupcake Season just ended.
I still tend to think that the Ducks are the best (I certainly did after the Sparty game)

Good god... you're a ball licker.

Get some friends in real life and you won't have to suck up to people on a "message bored".

Papa Willie wrote: Who's to say that Wazzou might not be turning into an animal, though?

Cal.

The Sturdy Golden Bear will be heading into "The Palouse" and cement it this weekend.

Like they always do.

It's comical when SEC honk tries to talk PAC 12 football.
matteric
Elwood

Post by matteric »

Papa Willie wrote:Cal's a faggot team, only loved by faggots. 'Zona completely overlooked them, and then toyed with them.

Yeah, Zona was down 38-13 starting the 4th quarter.

Only the PAC 12 refs could save them.

... and they did.

If you had watched the game, you wouldn't be so fat and stupid.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Leave it to these two to turn this into a shit show. Should have seen it coming.
matteric
Elwood

Post by matteric »

Sudden Sam wrote:
matteric wrote: It's comical when SEC honk tries to talk PAC 12 football.
Speaking of comical...how many national championships does the PAC12 have in the last 9 years?

The PAC actually plays an OOC schedule against College Football teams from the P5 and "TRAVELS".

Oh yeah, they also play 9 conference games in a 12 team Conference.

The SEC plays only 8 conference games in a 14 team Conference.

It's amazing the SEC hasn't "cherry picked" EVERY MNC over the last 10 or so years.

It just goes to show how bad the SEC really is.

It's almost mathematically IMPOSSIBLE to not win the MNC... EVERY year with that kinda schedule.