Case Keenum

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Case Keenum

Post by Go Coogs' »

Leading the nation is passing again, but no Heisman talk yet.

Does he get an invite to New York if Houston runs the table?
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Case Keenum

Post by Goober McTuber »

No.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

fair or not, Keenum is seen through the national media oversimplification lens/Heisman's reductive criteria as closer to Colt Brennan than Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford, whoever else or Tim Tebow. the other "dismissive" you'll probably see is "system QB" to account for Keenum's excellent numbers....sort of the Leach/Tech angle.

it's probably not fair but that's the idiot world of ESPN et al these days.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

1. Plays in the minor leagues.
2. Leads the nation in passing yardage but nothing else.
3. Maybe he should be in the mix but he won't be.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Hypothetically speaking, if (and that is a big motherfuckin' if) Houston finishes the regular season 13-0 and are ranked somewhere around 11th (ranked 23 and 25 now), will he get an invite?

I'd say no if Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Stanford, and Boise went undefeated as well, but lets say they all these schools finish with one loss. Does Keenum get the invite then, or no chance in hell.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

No way Houston gets to #11 with that shitty excuse for a schedule.

No chance in hell.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Goober McTuber wrote:No way Houston gets to #11 with that shitty excuse for a schedule.

No chance in hell.
So yer saying there is no way Houston moves up 12 spots by going undefeated?

There is a good chance SMU and So. Miss both win out which would spot them right outside the top 25. If Houston beats both those schools (Conf Championship game against So Miss), then Houston's SOS gets stronger late in the year. Meanwhile, SEC, Big IX, and B1G schools will start beating each other down the road and there is only one direction Houston can move if they keep winning. Up.

Capisce?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Go Coogs' wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:No way Houston gets to #11 with that shitty excuse for a schedule.

No chance in hell.
So yer saying there is no way Houston moves up 12 spots by going undefeated?

There is a good chance SMU and So. Miss both win out which would spot them right outside the top 25. If Houston beats both those schools (Conf Championship game against So Miss), then Houston's SOS gets stronger late in the year. Meanwhile, SEC, Big IX, and B1G schools will start beating each other down the road and there is only one direction Houston can move if they keep winning. Up.

Capisce?
Neither of those schools are good enough to move you that far up. You have played no one, and there’s no one left on your schedule.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Go Coogs' wrote:... there is only one direction Houston can move if they keep winning. Up.

Capisce?
Logic doesn't work.

Stanford beat Colorado 48-7 on Saturday and lost a place in the coaches poll to a team that had a bye week. Explain that.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Mikey wrote:
Stanford beat Colorado 48-7 on Saturday and lost a place in the coaches poll to a team that had a bye week. Explain that.

It's because your band sucks so fucking bad.... that even your own fans can't stand them.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=18&f=1712&t=7734464

How the fuck do you think college football fans and the pollsters feel when they have to hear that shitty pop song from the early 70's ... over, and over and over yet again.

Jesus christ, LSJU... get your own fight song that isn't a freaking "pop song" from the 70's era !!!

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I'd say in Stanford's situation with the top six-seven undefeated teams, you'll see shifts up and down on a weekly basis because nobody is losing. Beyond that, if the team(s) in front of you loses and you win, you move up. Just ask Nevada from last year.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Speaking of Nevada, think about how fucked up the current system is when they cost themselves hundreds of thousands of dollars in conference money by beating Boise St.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Go Coogs' wrote:Speaking of Nevada,
Tremendous shithole of a place, since we're speaking of it.

One cool street does not a state make.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

No chance in hell.
BCS
19. Houston

AP
21. Houston

They moved up four spots after one week and rank higher in the BCS standings. Yeah, no way they get to eleventh in six weeks if they run the table. :meds:
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Go Coogs' wrote:

No chance in hell.
BCS
19. Houston

AP
21. Houston

They moved up four spots after one week and rank higher in the BCS standings. Yeah, no way they get to eleventh in six weeks if they run the table. :meds:
Without a single team on their schedule that sniffs the top 25? No.

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

SMU or So. Miss will be ranked by the time Houston plays them. Just sayin'.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

One of them will have two losses after this weekend. Face facts, you can’t get highly ranked by running the table against a horrendously shit schedule. Not until you do it several years in a row (‘sup Boise State?).

MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Go Coogs' wrote:SMU or So. Miss will be ranked by the time Houston plays them. Just sayin'.
Your league has been pretty unpredictable so far, so both of those teams are likely to lose a game or two before you roll them.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Who's he going to New York over?

Moore Boise? NO
Richardson Bama? Hell no
Jones OU? NO
Wilson Badgers? NO
Luck Stanford? NO

Next level:
Griffith3rd Baylor? NO

Seriously, who do you think should stay home, out of those, and he should go over? Conference USA is pitiful, he should be putting up bigger numbers.

I would make a case for Broyles over Keenum.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Maybe we need a small-time weak sauce college football forum.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:Maybe we need a small-time weak sauce college football forum.
Felix would be the moderator, right?
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Goober McTuber wrote:Maybe we need a small-time weak sauce college football forum.
I'm not saying Houston belongs in a BCS bowl or even should be considered a top 10 team should they go undefeated. I was simply stating Keenum's value being so high for this team that he should be considered for an invite if Houston runs the table.

And no, if Wilson, Luck, Jones, Richardson, and Moore's teams all run the table, then they get an invite before Keenum.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I can’t see a Conference USA player getting serious consideration for the Heisman. Yes, Andre Ware won one, but Houston was in the SWC then, and Ware set a shitload of NCAA records.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Go Coogs' wrote: run the table,
A secondary consideration, at best, for the HT.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:
Felix would be the moderator, right?
Didn't Boise beat the Duc...oh, hell...never mind.
The same number of times Fubuclown jizzed in NoCalSnowGirl.

Aren't you the one who says they can beat the good teams because they don't play in a bigboy conference?
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Again... if Boise has enough time to prepare for a team then they have a great chance at winning. Put them in a real conference and they will suffer injuries and not be so good. WAC sucks, MWC blows and there is no way they could win a championship in a big conference. Same goes with Houston.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

It would be nice to see if BSU could or couldn't compete in a Bigboy conference...

Which brings us back to the "but then they'd get more/better athletes" chicken/egg dealio... maybe we should rerererererererererererevisit that topic?

It's many years away, regardless.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

Rumps, we play So. Miss Saturday night.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

C-USA guys, don't listen to these idiots. i like you guys posting about your teams.

be willing to bet UH or SMU is equal to or above Oregon in football history.

edit: Landry Jones is not going to win the Heisman. he's a nice QB and there's a lot to like about LJ.... but he's not Sam Bradford or Jason "Jon Hates me" White.
Last edited by King Crimson on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

King Crimson wrote:be willing to bet UH or SMU is equal to or above Oregon in football history.
:dins:

:popcorn:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

King Crimson wrote:be willing to bet UH or SMU is equal to or above Oregon in football history.

Let's examine this...

Hmmm...

Let's see, Oregon started a bigboy conference (the Conference of Champions thingy), SMU destroyed one.

You be your own judge.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Dinsdale wrote:

Let's examine this...

Hmmm...

Let's see, Oregon started a bigboy conference (the Conference of Champions thingy), SMU destroyed one.

You be your own judge.
not about marketing here, just winning football games not in the Phil Knight era. SMU may have been cheating, and UH has had a couple "eras" on par with where UO is now. UO buying a program ain't that different, imo.

you be the judge. you can huff and puff all you want, but we all know you are closer to Kansas State historically than being good.
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Oregon is #53 here, SMU #61, Houston #47.

sounds about right to me. equal to or above.....as i say....eat a dick Dins. maybe you can save the rest of us your Oregon humping for once. and when you want to come on here braggin' about being #53....let's go do it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3842161
"
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I think this offense is starting to come around. They looked spotty and out of sync the first five games of the season and I also think the playcalling was a little timid. They are now allowing the offense to run through Keenum which is why they've hung 56 and 63 the last two games. There is no reason why this offense can't do this against their remaining opponents with the exception of SMU, but that game will be senior night and I wouldn't be surprised if they put up at least 40 that night.

Keenum may not get an invite to NY, but at least he'll be part of the conversation soon.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

SMU just got their asses handed to them by Southern Miss.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Houston leads all FBS offenses by a thousand yards (Clemson).

After Keenum's 9td performance Thursday night, he now leads the nation in Yards and TDs.

C-USA defenses may be a joke, but Houston's offense is not a joke. Out of their four C-USA opponents, Houston holds the highest point total scored against ECU, Rice, and Marshall and second highest against UTEP out of all their opponents this season. Rice's highest total given up for the season was 56 against Baylor before Houston hung 73 on them. Marshall's highest total given up was 44 to Ohio before giving up 63 to Houston. The only reason Houston only put up 56 against ECU is because they were up 35-3 at halftime. The 49 they hung on UTEP would have been much better if Houston receivers didn't drop 8 perfectly thrown passes by Keenum.

If C-USA defenses are that bad, then C-USA offenses should all be ranked relatively high in FBS, right? Wrong.

24. Southern Miss
43. Tulsa
47. SMU
52. Tulane
62. UCF
69. East Carolina
73. Rice
74. UTEP
96. Marshall
99. UAB
103. Memphis

Let me ask y'all this, what if Keenum was the QB of Texas this season. Would Texas' offense be ranked 104th in the nation? You all will discount Keenum's numbers based on the system, but you have to realize every offensive player on Houston was a 3 star recruit or lower coming out of high school. Keenum is doing this with subpar athletes. My point is a lot of D1 schools are wishing they had Case Keenum right now. Florida fan asked me last night if Houston could score on SEC defenses. I said they could hang 20+ on both LSU and Bama but still lose because the Houston defense would get blown off the ball in the second half and eventually lose by ten or more points.

Another thing to think about is the TOP Houston is scoring in. When they hung 63 on Marshall, they had the ball all of 17:45. The 73 the hung on Rice last night? Yeah, they had the ball for 21:25.

Up yours.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

See you in the Big East
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

No respectable program playing in a real conference leaves their franchise QB in to throw nine TD passes during a gawdawful rout of a helpless opponent...

...so up yours. Keenum's numbers are rightfully considered nearly meaningless. No one gives a shit about this Mickey Mouse brand of stats-padding football.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

If you were a non-AQ school trying to get a new stadium, a BCS invite, and an invite to a big conference, you'd be running up the score too, Van.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

I thought Houston was already in the process of renovating their stadium?