NCAA busts Syracuse

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

NCAA busts Syracuse

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basket ... m-fab-melo
Head coach Jim Boeheim will be suspended for nine ACC games and Syracuse will lose 12 scholarships over the course of four years in the wake of a multi-year investigation into the program, the NCAA announced on Friday.

Additionally, the school will be forced to "vacate all wins in which ineligible men’s basketball students played in 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07, 2010-11 and 2011-12 and ineligible football students played in 2004-05, 2005-06 and 2006-07."

The NCAA did not elect to extend Syracuse's self-imposed post-season ban, nor did it elect to force the university to forfeit its 2003 national championship, even though the infractions extend back to the 2001 season.

Each year for the next four seasons, Syracuse will lose three basketball scholarships.
No post-season ban (beyond this year), and nobody cares about vacated wins, but 12 scholarship losses over the next four years is pretty severe. Couldn't have happened to a bigger asshole (Boneheim).
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: NCAA busts Syracuse

Post by Screw_Michigan »

So he's been cheating since 2001? What a winner.

How much do you think his little voluntary postseason ban helped or didn't?

Boeheim will be by any minute now to blame the press for his lack of personal responsibility.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

That pic will always be epoch/epcot!

:lol:
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Based on what they did wrong they should be banned 100 scholarships and basketball should never be played there again (1) because they don't only recruit players from NY (2) because I really don't understand basketball and think it's a pussy sport

Sin,

Schmick

that was pretty stout the schollie losses...wow...
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:Never liked the guy.

He had a freak coaching alongside him for years and now this.

Screw Syracuse.

It'll be interesting to see how all the Syracuse grads in sports broadcasting will handle this.
Not hard to find out. Many work the third shift on espn radio.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

And I was almost right about boeheim. Except he didn't blame the press, just others for his rampant cheating. Shit program.