Kentucky

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Re: Kentucky

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

he did have a point about the Big 12 though...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Jsc810 wrote: The SEC will have more teams in the Sweet 16 than any other conference.

How'd that work out?

Seems to me the ACC has more teams in the S16 than the SEC had in R64... and most of those teams got there on chalk... dumbass.

Other conferences with more S16 teams than the SEC: B12, B1G, PAC.

In fact, half the 16 are from the ACC and the PAC (man, who woulda thunk it? You know, what with them being the 2 best basketball conferences on a near-yearly basis).

So, of the "Power 5" conferences (does that still apply in hoops, since the Big East and Missouri Valley are better hoops conferences than the SEC?), looks like the SECSECSEC! finished about...

dead last in the postseason.

And before you morons start laying skidmarks in reverse... save it. You looked dumb when you were posting this dumbfuckery, and nothing you do to try and backpedal is going to make you look any less dumb now.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Andy Katz retweeted
Matt Norlander ‏@MattNorlander 3m3 minutes ago
Gregg Marshall on @jimrome: "I haven't spoke to Bama. If Alabama is interested in some crazy offer, we will listen. But it will take a lot."
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:In fact, half the 16 are from the ACC and the PAC (man, who woulda thunk it? You know, what with them being the 2 best basketball conferences on a near-yearly basis).
:lol:

Let's not get crazy here.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I'll get as crazy as I want.

I'll have you know -- I entered one bracket contest. It was an afterthought when I got an email from a website that I contract through (this particular site, I have received exactly zero work through), telling me I had less than 24 hours to join their contest (which was only for members of that site, but run through ESPN). I still didn't care, until I saw that 1st place paid $250 (pays 3 spots, and it was a free entry).

So, I spent the 5 minutes to fill one out. About 300 other members did, as well.

After the first week of this ~300 person bracket contest, Yours Truly sits in... wait for it...

FIRST, BITCHES!!!!!

And looking at the brackets for the others that are high in the scores, my bracket looks better than theirs, with one big IF -- I have Zona beating Kentucky. Figured I needed an unexpected win to take it all. But if the next 2 rounds go well, I may not even need it -- I didn't put Villanova in my FF, like so many did.

Sorry if I'm feeling a bit cocky -- good chance that will end over the next few days.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Arizona usually shits the bed.
They don't win the championship every year, so that means they "shit the bed"? Do you apply the same logic to Michigan State, whose last championship was very shortly after Zona's?

Duke? They "usually shit the bed" almost every season.

UCLA is a joke.
If having 2 losing seasons in 60 freaking years, and 3 Final Fours in the last 10 is a "joke," then I'm not really seeing the funny.

If this was an attempt to try to undo the stupid from your previous SECBSH posts, it was an epic fail.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:The B1G is a much better conference than the PAC12.
That must be why the B1G has 2 teams in the 16, and the PAC has 3, right?

UCLA is a joke...this year. This team isn't very good.

Uhm, they're in the 16, dumbass.

Man, you're really going out of your way to sound stupid. Dude, you're from Alabama -- you don't need to put this much effort into it. It comes naturally to you people, so just let it flow.

And I trust this means we'll never have to listen to you and your ilk's incessant "SCOREBOARD" chants come football season, since it seems to mean nothing to you at the moment?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:So UCLA beating SMU on a bad call
Man, it just keeps getting worse.

Did you watch the game? Or at least see the replay?

Apparently, you learned the rules of basketball in the same place you learned math and logic.

There was only one possible call to make there, and it was the one the refs made. So it was kind of the polar opposite of a "bad call." It was the ONLY CALL.

[
Sudden Sam wrote: Making the Sweet Sixteen doesn't mean they're one of the best 16 teams in the country.

Sheesh.

In this particular case, it means they had an incredibly easy path to the SS.
So, you're saying the same thing about Kentucky, right? I mean, all they had to do was roll through that pathetic league.

SECNology -- Iowa State was awesome when an SEC bottom-feeder beat them. Which means UAB is super-mega awesome... until UCLA beats them, so obviously they suck. And SCOREBOARD applies to football, but not basketball.

Are you trying to draw a giant dick over the hoops landscape with this meandering train of "logic"?

Here, I'll try and help you out:
Sudden Sam SHOULD HAVE wrote:The SEC was a joke

Alabama sucks

ISU sucks

UCLA got MUCH better as the season went on, playing in a very strong conference

Arizona may well be the best team in the entire field, and may well knock off Kentucky

The B1G has a couple of real contenders

My trolljob sucks
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:
The call in the UCLA-SMU game was incorrect. Everyone recognizes that. The ball has to have a chance of going in the basket for a goaltending call to be made. It didn't. Bad call.
By "everyone," you mean "no one who knows what the fuck they're talking about," right?

The rules give the officials leeway if a ball is clearly not going in. And if any of the officials was watching the overhead cam, rather than the live action, that might have been the case. Unless they can clearly see, beyond doubt, that the ball isn't going in, and any part of the ball is in the cylinder, and a player touches the ball, it's goaltending/basket interference... not up for debate.

It was, beyond any doubt, the correct call.

And I'd say making it to the 16 is definitely "showing something."
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Sudden Sam wrote:I'd say a prominent program being down 41-7 at the half is showing something, too.

You do realize that game was played a long time ago... right ?

As a matter of fact: It was played last year.

If you want to play that game... Cal absolutely CRUSHED Syracuse in New York (73-59). That's right, 3,000 miles away in New York.

Yeah, that Syracuse team... that TORCHED... "Sweet 16 teams" (Louisville and Notre Dame).

That being said, Cal also beat UCLA, Oregon, and led for most of the 1st half against the team that is going to beat Kentucky (Arizona) during the PAC 12 tourney.

Yet, Cal didn't get into the tourney... let alone the NIT ??? (east coast bias)

That's how tough the PAC is... and why fUCLA got better during the season.
EAP wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 am The STATE has all the answers
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

The State wrote:Yet, Cal didn't get into the tourney... let alone the NIT ??? (east coast bias)
Might have had something to do with finishing barely above .500 and losing 6 of their last 8.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Sudden Sam wrote:Vandy-Stanford was a good game last night.

No it wasn't.

Unreal.
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Sick "alley-oop" slam... by the San Francisco Bay Area kid... I think he just put the nail of WV's coffin.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Anywhere but in the basketball forum, and stoolio's post ^^^^ reads like he's describing his renn faire homo experience from last weekend.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:You really think Marshall is going to Alabama? :lol:
Yeah, I do.
You know who Alabammer should go after? Bobby Hurley.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Goober McTuber wrote:You know who Alabammer should go after? Bobby Hurley.
Rick Barnes is available.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Back in the Final Four, Baby.

"Whoooooaaaaaa"

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Oops, wrong thread. I've had a couple beverages.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:So Barnes is going to Tennessee. Shaka Smart to Texas. Alabama must be throwing everything at Marshall. If they don't get him, they'll have to go small school rising star coach, which is fine with me.
Or they could just go Division II.

Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Paul Bryant, Jr. is trying to shut down basketball.

It interferes with football recruiting season.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Bwahaha.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015 ... ncart_2box

UAT basketball will remain shit as long as Paul Jr. and Sabot are still there.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

So, to recap...
Sudden Sam wrote:I think come NCAA tournament time, some folks in here are gonna be mighty surprised at what happens to their "superior" conference teams at the hands of the pitiful SEC boys.
Sudden Sam wrote:Michigan State vs LSU? I respect Izzo, but this Spartan team doesn't intimidate anybody. In that matchup, should it occur, I'd go with the Tigers.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:You really think Marshall is going to Alabama? :lol:
Sudden Sam wrote:Yeah, I do.
You're on FIRE, Sam. Any other pearls of wisdom you want to share before the tourney is over?
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

he is on a roll kind of a reverse YAFJ...