USA Soccer

No headbutting

Moderator: Nishlord

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

USA Soccer

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I was never one of the hard core fire Bob Bradley people before. I always thought USSF could do better for us than him but he sufficed. I am over that now. Yes we beat Jamaica 2- nil but I have taken something far more profound away from this Gold Cup than a singular victory over a team that was playing beyond its means the last two weeks. Bobblehead Bradley is in over his head at this point.

If we only took ONE thing away from the last World Cup cycle it should have been that our back four are not at the same standards they were from 1998 to 2004.

If there is one thing we should be taking away from this cycle it is that Clint Dempsey isn't getting any younger and if we expect him to continue scoring goals we need to be putting him in position to do so and not leaving him on island out on the wing in a 4-4-2; and our midfield pool is a lot deeper than our forwards/strikers. We have a ton of players in the middle who have proven they can play now and yet we are still searching for someone to pair up Jozy Altidore with when we already have proven the solution in more matches than I care to count the last two years. Hey Bob, there might be a reason we keep having to make game saving come backs after Clint is pushed forward. There also might be a reason Clint has scored more goals in the last 20 minutes of international play than the first 70 over the last three years. Fullham figured that out why can't you?!?! Clint Dempsey just got finished with a term where he scored more goals than any American player in EPL history and it wasn't because Fullham had him stranded on an Island out on the wing with your idiot, turnover machine, and card collecting son.

Feilhaber, Bedoya, and Holden have proven they can play over on the other wing opposite Landon Donovan; Robbie Rogers and Klej have shown moments as well. Why the hell do you feel the need to be locked into playing Clint Dempsey in a position he is less effective at still???

I'm no Sir Alex Ferguson or anything but I do have enough sense to know that if I have decided to play two central defenders full time like Bobblehead Bob Bradley and my options are . . . A) a guy who has been one of the top match rated CDMs over the last seven years of both the Bundesliga and the EPL. B) A man who is a starter at a three time defending european national league champion side, has over 20 Champions League and UEFA Cup starts, and over 30 capps. Or C) a kid whose career has become just hoping to make the game day substitute list for a bottom feeding Scandinavian club. The answer is not (C) Mr. Bradley!!! Nepotism stops in high school and certainly has no place on the fucking National team that represents my entire country! Your son is riding the pine off in a winter wonderland landfill full time, what the fuck has he done to earn a permanent guaranteed starting spot beside pass the ball to defenders, pick up cards, or at camp cup cake?!?! I'm so profoundly happy you figured out that starting Jermaine Jones might be a good idea but hey Europe is still laughing at us that Maurice Edu is sitting in a plastic chair watching your runt son pass the ball to the opposing side! Forgive me if I have the audacity to think that a guy who Rangers has entered multiple bidding wars over and values in the eight digit fee range might actually be a better option than your son sitting the bench in a snow drift! Walter Smith might have won a few titles in his time and coached a few major international matches in Europe; I mean that might be no comparison to your ability to manage us to a loss against Panama in group play or getting bombed by Ghana in the quarterfinals of the World Cup but maybe he knows a thing or two about the game.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Re: USA Soccer

Post by Harvdog »

I was at the game in Houston and here is what I saw:

Donovan came in and was great. He played 4 or 5 great balls that were either missed or mistimed by Agudelo. While the kids is going to be good, right now is a forward for an MLS team. Enough said. We need to find someone that can score. Every great nation has 1 player that can get goals.....we have Dempsey and he plays Midfield. Stupid. Charlie Davies looked to be that guy but he got hurt and that changed everything. When he is healthy, he can play. He has pace, speed and can score. I hope he gets back to Europe and gets his Mojo back.

Bradley actually played well as a defensive MF. He did a good job of playing back and stopping the Panama attack. He made good passes out to start the movement forward and looked good doing it. He started the break with the pass to Adu that led to the only goal.

Adu looked really fast....but small. He made some really nice passes and played within himself. For so long, he was trying to make the spectacular play instead of the easy ones that lead to breaks and goals. If he can play like he did in Houston, we may have an option up top.

We miss Stu. Holden is such a calming force in the MF. Pairing him with Bradley makes sense in the fact that Stu is more offensive and MB is better on the defensive side. We are missing someone who can provide the service.

This would be my lineup if I were coach.

Howard
Lichaj, Bocanegra, Goodson, Cherundolo
Donovan, Bradley, Holden, Jones
Dempsey, Altidore

I would have Timmy Chandler ready to come in for Lichaj. Chandler impressed the hell out of me against Argentina. He is oging to be a mainstay for many years.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Harvdog wrote:I was at the game in Houston and here is what I saw:

Donovan came in and was great. He played 4 or 5 great balls that were either missed or mistimed by Agudelo. While the kids is going to be good, right now is a forward for an MLS team. Enough said. We need to find someone that can score. Every great nation has 1 player that can get goals.....we have Dempsey and he plays Midfield. Stupid. Charlie Davies looked to be that guy but he got hurt and that changed everything. When he is healthy, he can play. He has pace, speed and can score. I hope he gets back to Europe and gets his Mojo back.

Bradley actually played well as a defensive MF. He did a good job of playing back and stopping the Panama attack. He made good passes out to start the movement forward and looked good doing it. He started the break with the pass to Adu that led to the only goal.

Adu looked really fast....but small. He made some really nice passes and played within himself. For so long, he was trying to make the spectacular play instead of the easy ones that lead to breaks and goals. If he can play like he did in Houston, we may have an option up top.

We miss Stu. Holden is such a calming force in the MF. Pairing him with Bradley makes sense in the fact that Stu is more offensive and MB is better on the defensive side. We are missing someone who can provide the service.

This would be my lineup if I were coach.

Howard
Lichaj, Bocanegra, Goodson, Cherundolo
Donovan, Bradley, Holden, Jones
Dempsey, Altidore

I would have Timmy Chandler ready to come in for Lichaj. Chandler impressed the hell out of me against Argentina. He is oging to be a mainstay for many years.
Who is Stuart Holden? :wink:

He and Edu should be given some opportunities to pair up with Jermaine in the first round of CONCACAF WC qualifying or Daddy Bobblehead should be tossed in a river with a cement brick attached to his feet.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

After watching last nights game, I am officially on the Fire Bob Bradley bandwagon. You go up 2-0 against Mexico who has so much speed and tactical offensive players and you do not pack it in an counter attack????? How dumb is that? If we had Jurgen Klinnsmann we would be playing in Brazil in 2013.

The biggest mistake Bradley made was leaving Timmy Chandler off his roster. When Cherundolo got hurt and had to leave, he brought in the biggest abortion to ever don a USMNT uniform. How Jonathan Bornstein is even on the team let alone the pitch is beyond me. I told everyone that he would give up 2 goals. I was wrong, he was responsible for 3. Chandler is a better option.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Harvdog wrote:After watching last nights game, I am officially on the Fire Bob Bradley bandwagon. You go up 2-0 against Mexico who has so much speed and tactical offensive players and you do not pack it in an counter attack????? How dumb is that? If we had Jurgen Klinnsmann we would be playing in Brazil in 2013.

The biggest mistake Bradley made was leaving Timmy Chandler off his roster. When Cherundolo got hurt and had to leave, he brought in the biggest abortion to ever don a USMNT uniform. How Jonathan Bornstein is even on the team let alone the pitch is beyond me. I told everyone that he would give up 2 goals. I was wrong, he was responsible for 3. Chandler is a better option.
I completely agree about Chandler.

Fuck Kilnsman but we are stuck with him at this point if Bobblehead were to be fired. Sunil Guloti has to be voted out as the USSF President. We could have had Guus Hiddink in 2006, could have had him 2008, and could have had him after the 2010 WC but no way he leaves Chelsea.