Ok, I have some serious soccer questions

No headbutting

Moderator: Nishlord

Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Ok, I have some serious soccer questions

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

FoxSports has been shwoing Premier League games for the past few months. Love to watch, since at noon EST , not a whole lot on, and my brother in law is from Portsmouth, and a huge Man U fan.

So, here is my question:

Out of all the teams in Britain, how do they decide who's is in the Premier League or not? Is it a yearly thing? Who wins it and how? Is it a play off like the NFL, or just based on the points? Is there a 'championship game"? If not in Premier League, what other leagues are there, and how is it decided who gets into what?

I know this will take a long answer, but I am trying to 'get it", since I feel rome can go screw when when it comes to his opinions about soccer.

Thanks in advance.

PS - I am kinda liking Man. City. Please don't kill me if you are an opposing fan.

Scott
What were we just talking about?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Re: Ok, I have some serious soccer questions

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Roger_the_Shrubber wrote:FoxSports has been shwoing Premier League games for the past few months. Love to watch, since at noon EST , not a whole lot on, and my brother in law is from Portsmouth, and a huge Man U fan.
He's from Portsmouth and he is ManU fan instead of a Pilgrim? Fuck him, fuck him in the front running ass... had to get that out of the way first.

So, here is my question:

Out of all the teams in Britain, how do they decide who's is in the Premier League or not? Is it a yearly thing? Who wins it and how? Is it a play off like the NFL, or just based on the points? Is there a 'championship game"? If not in Premier League, what other leagues are there, and how is it decided who gets into what?

I know this will take a long answer, but I am trying to 'get it", since I feel rome can go screw when when it comes to his opinions about soccer.

Thanks in advance.

PS - I am kinda liking Man. City. Please don't kill me if you are an opposing fan.

Scott

There are a number of leagues that are set up in sort of a progression in England. The top tier is obviously the Premiership. In the Premiership there are only 20 teams each team plays each other team twice (one home and one away) a win is worth three points in the standings, a tie a single point, and a loss nothing. At the end of the season the three clubs with lowest point totals are relegated to the next league down (in the Premiership's case that would be down to the Cocal-Cola Championship League) and the other 17 teams remain for the next season; if there is a tie in points the tie breaker is then goal difference.

In the Championship League the points are tallied the same manner but it's 24 teams (home and home series between all teams as well) the top two teams in points automatically are promoted to the Premiership for the next season with the teams who finish 3rd through sixth having a playoff for the third spot in promotion. The bottom three teams are relegated down to League 1.

In League 1 it is also 24 teams with the top two being auto promotions and third through sixth playing in a playoff. The bottom four teams are relegated down to League 2.

In League 2 it is once again a 24 team league but with the top three teams receiving automatic promotion and teams fourth through seventh in the playoff for the final spot. Only two teams from the League 2 are relegated down to Conference soccer.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.