$131,000,000????

No headbutting

Moderator: Nishlord

Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

$131,000,000????

Post by Harvdog »

for 1 player? $222,000,000 for 2 players? Real Madrid is flat out crazy! While I was a fan of Ronaldo, he never was a true Red Devil. Scholes, Giggs, Rooney....they love and bleed Man U. Ronnie was about Ronnie and trying to get back to Madrid. Have fun. You were great while you were in Manchester....now go to the club where Man U players lose their mojo.
Mac22
Elwood

Re: $131,000,000????

Post by Mac22 »

i'm disappointed to see him go just because he did help bring a lot of trophies. but hopefully the money from his sale helps bring in a few players to help replace the aging (ageless) wonders like VDS,Scholes, and Giggs. however, it'll be tough to bring in another player like CR7 where teams will have to work on shutting him down as their entire game plan. without a player like that, it may be tough for United to repeat.
"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital."

If teachers made twice as much as rock stars, which would you rather be?

There are two motivations in sports... which one is yours?

Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

But you're better off for that money, there are so many good players out there. Mac, United were winning trophies before him, what's changed?
Get rid, he's so easy to throw off his game - in really big tournaments - just kick him in the balls two minutes in and he becomes a non-factor. He'll never grow up, you're better off without him.
Mac22
Elwood

Post by Mac22 »

true, but i don't think they win champions league without him last year, or the EPL without his mass of goals. united may have won things without him (carling), but the influence for the bigger trophies were key.

actually, my bigger concern for united will be once VDS retires. i see a slump in net much like after schmeichel that may be tough to overcome.
"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital."

If teachers made twice as much as rock stars, which would you rather be?

There are two motivations in sports... which one is yours?