euro 2008

No headbutting

Moderator: Nishlord

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

euro 2008

Post by Adelpiero »

the dutch win it in pk's

Last edited by Adelpiero on Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Re: euro 2008

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Adelpiero wrote:the dutch win it in pk's
The great thing about that take is that it makes sence whether you are being serious or sarcastic. The Dutch are my favorite international team, one of my fav teams in all of sports. For the fist time in several a Euro or WC my expectaions for the Oranje are fairly tempered. They seem to be under the radar this time. Maybe that means they can finally get through. I think you may be right with the PK call in that Van der Sar has aged like fine wine and is the man you want between the posts in a shootout as Man U and Chelsea can testity to.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:
Adelpiero wrote:the dutch win it in pk's
The great thing about that take is that it makes sence whether you are being serious or sarcastic. The Dutch are my favorite international team, one of my fav teams in all of sports. For the fist time in several a Euro or WC my expectaions for the Oranje are fairly tempered. They seem to be under the radar this time. Maybe that means they can finally get through. I think you may be right with the PK call in that Van der Sar has aged like fine wine and is the man you want between the posts in a shootout as Man U and Chelsea can testity to.

there are several Dutch followers. surprised Radio fan hasn't been in here.

I love seedorf being snubbed. They need fresh blood, too many primadonnas on the team every championship competition.

look for Wesley Sneijder to have a huge tourney if they are to win.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Been busy as hell at work, but managed to catch some of the game today online.

HUP HUP HOLLAND!!

Beautiful goal by Van Nistelrooy.

War revenge from 2000. War seeing Italy get their asses kicked.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Speaking of 2000 that is by far the best the Oranje have looked since thrashing Yugoslavia that year, the game before the aformentioned Italy penalty debacle. They made the semis in 2004 but never seemed that impressive, seemed to German their way forward. Again in 2006 they were uninspiring and mediocre.

This team seems more like the 1998 and 2000 teams that lit it up. Very impressive.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

RadioFan wrote:Been busy as hell at work, but managed to catch some of the game today online.

HUP HUP HOLLAND!!

Beautiful goal by Van Nistelrooy.

War revenge from 2000. War seeing Italy get their asses kicked.
you mean the goal by sneijder. as much as kuyt cant finish, he certainly gives you 100% running down the wings. he had a very good game. as did van brockhorst

i wouldn't exactly call ruuds goal nice. it was tap in, with the whole italian team running up for the offside.

still a very tough(for them) game vs France.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

I always have a soft spot for Holland. Hope they can keep this up, but I fear the usual penalty exit in the semis.

I hope Spain step up today. And I'm really enjoying an England-free tournament.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Pretty rocking tournament so far. I only wish England were in it for no other reason but to witness their fans' inevitable meltdown which comes every tournament.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

swiss undone by poor finishing.

they had turks on the ropes in first half. once turks scored, you knew they would get the 3 points. that goal took the swiss crowd out of the game.

shame frei was out inujured, he's a quality forward.

just like in Czech game, they dominated the czech for 3/4 of the game, but couldn't finish, czech took advantage in a game they should of lost.

very tough games for Holland and Italy. Romania wins, they control their fate.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:Pretty rocking tournament so far.
Word. From what I've been able to watch online, nearly every game has been good. Only one 0-0 tie, I think.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

croatia with a huge win

lens lehman looked horrible, never liked him from his days at leverkusen(i believe). was brutal in some of his arsenal days.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Stupid Polock
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Holland is giving it to the Frenchies.....what a great second goal. I love seeing the French lose.....almost as good as the wops going down 3 nil.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Holland are the fucking BOYS. This tournament is fucking ace.

I really hope Holland don't ease off against Romania. Want to see a full-on battle between France and Italy.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

That is going to be an epic game. Romania have a chance. I cannot wait to watch the rematch of the WC finals
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Nishlord wrote:Holland are the fucking BOYS.
7 goals in two games against the defending world champs and runners up. Not too shabby, at all. The orange hammers are certainly appropriate for this tourney.

Italy is hanging on by a thread. Their next game vs. France should be epcot.

Awesome tournament so far.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

mutu robs romania of a bid. missed pk's can come back to kill ya.

i dont see dutch playing full side. they have ZERO to play for. they are group winners. romania has the hammer.

italy and france have to go for the win, both will have to push forward, should be a good scoring game.

sneijder having a very good euro, and van bronkhorst has been huge.

dutch have always had the talent, heart was lacking.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

I think the Dutch should play their best side and keep the momentum going. Partly because when you have the number of France and Italy, who cares if you meet them again, but mainly because I haven't seen a football team play this well in years. Reminds me of when I cried my eyes out as a 6 year-old when they lost to West Germany in '74.

Oh, and the UK coverage of Euro 2008 is uniformly awful and makes the US coverage of the '96 Olympics seem fair and open-minded. If they're not bleating about Russia or Croatia being there while we're not (conveniently forgetting that we're not there because we stank like a cat's arsehole in July), they're either banging on about which players are in the Premiership, or which ones are about to be. It's like listening to Sgt Pepper while someone leans in your ear and shouts "BILLY SHEARS? THAT COULD HAVE BEEN PETE BEST SINGING THAT, YOU KNOW".

And thank fuck Greece are out.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

The US coverage is pretty decent. The studio coverage is nails with Andy Gray. It is like playing FIFA 2008. :lol:

Spain is lucky. David Villa, who may be in the EPL next year, was lucky but the finish was brilliant. I thought the Swede was fouled before the long ball out to the wing. Great pass to Villa and an even better finish. Spain may get to the Semi's but that is it.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Turkey is the cockroach in this tournament. Somebody watch Petr Cech around any shower rods.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

turkey=greece2004

what a game czech vs turkey was. talk about tearing out their hearts. even after pissing away a 2-0 lead, the czechs and turks looked forward to Pk's with under 4 minutes. then 1 forward run, and czechs are going home, turks moving on!

Poland can go through with a win. no way croatia play a full squad, they are through.

i love how coaches such as italy are crying about teams being able to play their subs in last games. if the wops would of beat someone, they wouldnt be sitting in a bad position. fuck the whiners.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Adelpiero wrote:turkey=greece2004

what a game czech vs turkey was. talk about tearing out their hearts. even after pissing away a 2-0 lead, the czechs and turks looked forward to Pk's with under 4 minutes. then 1 forward run, and czechs are going home, turks moving on!

Poland can go through with a win. no way croatia play a full squad, they are through.

i love how coaches such as italy are crying about teams being able to play their subs in last games. if the wops would of beat someone, they wouldnt be sitting in a bad position. fuck the whiners.
Adel do you know what a WOP is? Italians that live in Italy don't qualify for that title... They didn't immigrate anywhere Without papers.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

SunCoastSooner wrote:

Adel do you know what a WOP is? Italians that live in Italy don't qualify for that title... They didn't immigrate anywhere Without papers.

wops, dego, spaghetti benders, etc. they beat Romania they control their own destiny. so they should quit crying!

Nish, ever notice the biggest italian whiners are always Milan,Inter, and Roma players.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

I'd say the Italians have plenty to grumble about given the offside call that negated a goal.
R-Jack wrote:
Yes, that just happened.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

socal wrote:I'd say the Italians have plenty to grumble about given the offside call that negated a goal.

That was a tough call by the side judge and you only have a but a moment to put up the flag. From the side judges angle I can see how he raised it. Tough call to make.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Dutch keep it rolling.

Maybe the Dutch are destined to play in the final in Ernst Happel Stadium in Vienna. After all, the Dutch, and Van der Saar, do have a fond memory of that place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNqLhYMiiic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Oranje fans: how hard is it to watch that and not think about how France's run over the last decade should have belonged to the Dutch instead?)
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Q, West Coast Style wrote: (Oranje fans: how hard is it to watch that and not think about how France's run over the last decade should have belonged to the Dutch instead?)
It's easy, if you remember that Dutchmen are fat-on-cheese pricks that peak too early.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Quarters Set:

Germany Italy
Portugal Spain

Turkey Russia
Croatia Netherlands

Prediction:

Portugal 2, Germany 2 (Germany on PK's)
Croatia 2, Turkey 0
Spain 2, Italy 0
Netherlands 4, Russia 2

Germany 2, Croatia 1
Netherlands 2, Spain 1

Nethlerlands 3, Germany 1
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Germany Italy
Portugal Spain

Turkey Russia
Croatia Netherlands

Germany Spain,

although if italy plays spain tough, goes for physical tackles, etc they could pull the upset, as with Germany. Portugal and Spain are big time soft teams. cream puffs.

Croatia Netherlands very tough game for both teams, but in the end, the favs both win.

Spain german Spain

Croatia Netherlands Netherlands, too much fire power

Spain netherlands

netherlands 2-1 Sneijder bomb with 2 minutes left in ET wins it for the oranje, the whores in red light district give 30% discount and weed is half price!!!
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Portugal 2 Germany 1
Croatia 3 Turkey 0
Spain 2 Italy 1
Netherlands 3 Russia 1

Portugal 1 Croatia 1 (Portugal on PKs)
Netherlands 2 Spain 1

Netherlands 2 Portugal 2 (Netherlands on PKs)
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

soft teams are always at risk vs size and strength.

germans too it to protugal, and they made them feel every tackle. you can only dance for so long with the ball.

rack germans!
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Rack Germany for ousting that fucking crybaby Ronaldo.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

RadioFan wrote:Rack Germany for ousting that fucking crybaby Ronaldo.
Nice defending Cristiano & Co. on free kicks. No, really.

:lol:

Quarters:
Croatia 2, Turkey 1
Netherlands 3, Russia 1
Italy 1, Spain 1 (Italy wins 5-4 on penalties)

Semis:
Germany 2, Croatia 1
Netherlands 2, Italy 1

Final:
Netherlands 1, Germany 1 (Netherlands wins 6-5 on penalties)
R-Jack wrote:
Yes, that just happened.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I think there should have been a Red Card in the penalty against Germany on Pepe about midway through the 1st half. Nothing was even called at all. Would have comletly changed the face of the game...
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Adelpiero wrote:soft teams are always at risk vs size and strength.
Too much power, strength and height for the Portugeezers. Wasn't Ronaldo shite?
Some very decent goals though from both sides. It's going to be a bloodbath if they meet Croatia, I'm still recovering from watching the Australia v Croatia game in the WC 2 years ago.

Really looking forward to tomorrow, hoping that the Croats don't lose the plot. Assuming it's not refereeed by an englishmen, they'll be lucky to finish the game with 9 men. And that's assuming Arda Turan et al don't turn it on again.

Dutch (like the pork chops today and the Argies in 2006) peaked too soon. They will regret not throwing the Romania game I reckon, I'll wager the Italians won't be fooked over twice by the clog dancers.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Turkey

:shock:
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

luckiest team in euro2008

their undoing, half their squad will miss next game on yellows.

croatia pissed it away
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Adelpiero wrote:
luckiest team in euro2008

their undoing, half their squad will miss next game on yellows.

croatia pissed it away
I'll be stunned if they stay within 2 goals of the Germans. I say 4-0.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

had Croatia at 12/1. oh well, back to tipping coal.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

This is the best sports tournament I've ever seen in my life. Even the games that you expect to be the kind of matches Sahkah-haters go on about suddenly go off on one.

COME ON HOLLAND