Wayne Rooney,

No headbutting

Moderator: Nishlord

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Wayne Rooney,

Post by Adelpiero »

talk about a selfish player who can't hit broad side of a barn. he takes shot after shot, while his team mates are wide open. He misses by 20-30 feet wide.

another of the overrated british players. their whole league is run by foreigners now, have always said the EPL was 3rd(seriea and laliga). If your a aging striker, find new legs in EPL. If it wasn't for Cristiano Ronaldo, there wouldn't be anyone in the league to boast about. Sure, there are some quality players, but unfortunately, your forced to hear about Rooney. He reminds me of Stan Colleymore, if wide open, he nails them, if he has to work, its a flub 20 feet wide. And when you take 15 shots, your bound to hit something. Tevez is the much better forward, and it ain't close. Arsenal has a team full of foreigners, shocked they allow it, figured the FA would force teams to field 5-6 English bred players. Seriously, tell me who in EPL that are brits are best in the game? NONE. At one time, Macmanaman was touted as being great, then Beckham, Then Owen and Rooney, wow, how sad! If Alessandro DelPiero would of made a move to EPL, rather than stay at Juve, he would be a 15-18 goal scorer easy. Since everyone dives and noone wins tackles, set pieces and set piece takers like Alex would thrive. Ok, done with my rant.

Poachers league.

Also, it's an extremely lazy league. The players would rather take the player out with a tackle than actually win the ball. Now with the influx of Africans, it's even worse. The brits are head and shoulders on lazy dirty tackles, but bringing in another of the lazy tacklers just makes the league a bunch of divers and dirty players. Hell, why not actually make a tackle to win the ball???? i realize it's a hard thing to fathom, but hey, they do it in other leagues, i'm sure Cork City has players that can win a ball on a 50-50, instead of taking him out!

PS Hey Brits, how about developing a goalie? 4 American goalies as #1 in EPL. No shot at Americans, but this is YOUR game!
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Re: Wayne Rooney,

Post by Dr_Phibes »

So you didn't laugh when Rinaldo came down the wing and Rooney (Everton) cracked him in the balls and dropped him? That's how you deal with him, so much for something to boast about.
And don't compare Rooney with Collymore, you just didn't see Stan play with his head screwed on right. I saw him play briefly with Leicester City paired up with Heskey and if he had managed to keep it together, he would have been truly great.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

seriously, Manure should sell rooney to real madrid or barca.

tevez is a quality striker, who can also create goals. say rooney for e'to or raul

after watching the man city-hammer FA game this week, Why Elano gets all the praise and Petrov doesnt is beyond me, Petrov won that game on his own. When he was controlling the left sidelines, he had deadly cross after deadly cross. finally someone finished. many wasted crosses. bianchi is more of a floater, poacher, not a great fit for svens system!

Petrov is quality. Elano is very good, but too much credit for citys rise to top 6 in EPL

Untill Liverpool get themselves another forward(or play babbel) and an attacking midfielder, they will always be bridesmaids inEPL. they have noone who can take the ball deep and get the crosses to the forwards. Gerard is more of a center, he's best when he can dish the ball left to right or take a shot from center of box. Someone like a riquelme or even a left back who can throw the ball to box. A roberto carlos. If not its a slow drab through the middle of field. Bolton thrived on roughing up Gerrard and taking him out of his game and Pool were fucked.
Big Sam knew, u take #8 out, you beat Liverpool. You allow him to roam free in middle, he's killing you from 18-25 feet
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that you like the wops and you're complaining about diving.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

my alltime fav players:

Alessando Del Piero
John Barnes

only 1 whop there
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Peter Crouch, me. He's so athletic.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

England has had serious issues developing strikers for a long time now but they still play fantastic footy at the midfield and defensive positions. It's the way soccer players are developed in the Isles though that has a hand in it. The style they play growing up is more choppy and cut throat than on ther main land where the game is more about flow than in England.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.