Gold Cup

No headbutting

Moderator: Nishlord

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Gold Cup

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Has anyone else watched this competition?

Is it just me or does it appear that the officials calling these games are not going to allow Mexico to not make the finals under any condition no matter how poorly they perform? Jesus it took the officials just manhadling Costa Rica to allow Mexico to win that game in extra time 1-0. You could tell from about the 60th minute on the officials were not going to allow Costa Rica to put the screws to Mexico; they greatly hampered play whenever CR had possesion and tossing two Costa Ricans and making them play two men down against Mexico was a travesty on two very controversal calls. Mexico was still only able to pull out a one goal victory in double extra time!!! Honduras thrashed them convincingly. Their team looks tense and unable to create opennings in the middle of the field when in possesion. Just pittiful performance all around by the Mexicans.

Guadeloupe has really surprised me showing very creative play and great form. Their strikers are honestly probably the best group in CONCAF outside of Honduras right now. If on a level playing field I would almost be inclined to choose them over Mexico in the semis but as stated earlier it has become blatantly obvious that the officials are not going to allow Mexico to miss the finals yet again.

Canada is an enigma to me. When Gerba is on form they have looked like a Euro nation on the pitch; when he isn't not so much.

The time has come for the United States... where was this squad during the World Cup??? They showed flashes of brilliance before and now are doing so again after but their showing on the worlds largest stage still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The good ole USofA is definatly the class of North American futbol which isn't saying much but at least it is start for American soccer. Taking three points to the clubhouse in every game of the Gold Cup so far and doing it in impressive fashion. The only goal given up so far was late in the game goal for Panama long after the result had been decided. A goal differential of 9-1 against international compition is something to be proud of for the Red, White, and Blue. We should be able to hadle Canada somewhat easily setting up another showdown with Mexico who we have dominated in recent years.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

USA Gold Cup Champions!!!!

The International Mickey Mouse Tournament belongs to the states....

I'd like a good showing against Argentina in Copa America on Thursday. A draw would be monumental!!!
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.