Will Italy be stripped of the World Cup?

No headbutting

Moderator: Nishlord

Canadian
canadianlattitude.ca

Will Italy be stripped of the World Cup?

Post by Canadian »

New FIFA anti-racism rulings that took effect in March suggest Italy’s victory on Sunday could be reversed by disqualification
What Materazzi said to Zidane to cause the French captain to head-butt Materazzi in reply in the World Cup final may have repercussions that go well beyond Materazzi.

On March 16 of this year, FIFA, the world football governing body, issued a declaration revising article 55 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code. Paragraph 4 now reads: “If any player, association or club official or spectator perpetrates any kind of discriminatory or contemptuous act as described by paragraphs 1 and/or 2 of this article, three points will automatically be deducted from the team concerned, if identifiable, after the first offence. In the case of a second offence, six points will automatically be deducted, and for a further offence, the team will be relegated.”

And, most ominously for the events of July 9, the code says, “In the case of matches without points, the team concerned, if identifiable, will be disqualified.” The World Cup final game is a match without points.
I can not see that happening.

Read the rest here
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Fuck those greasy scum-bag cheating italian.

Prego. It's in there. Fuck them all.

Have fun in Serie B/C.

Dereg them all I say.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Are there any of my posts that don't suck cock?
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

I say there's no way FIFA would go that sackless. The promotional merchandising machine is in full swing pushing Italian gear, and the PR nightmare of handing the undeserving Frogs the championship based on "smack" would make FIFA a laughingstock.

I don't care what Materazzi and/or said during the match....even little kids understand that no verbal taunt justifies physical violence. None. If the emotionally juvenille Zidane snaps and head butts an opponent for running smack, then tough crap - neither he, nor ethnic haytahs like T REX have a pot to piss in integrity-wise. Resorting to a hypocritical string of Italian slurs doesn't help. but it's kind of funny to watch a non-Frenchie melt over a non-issue.

The Italians won. Game over. Get the fuck over it, already.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:I say there's no way FIFA would go that sackless. The promotional merchandising machine is in full swing pushing Italian gear, and the PR nightmare of handing the undeserving Frogs the championship based on "smack" would make FIFA a laughingstock.

I don't care what Materazzi and/or said during the match....even little kids understand that no verbal taunt justifies physical violence. None. If the emotionally juvenille Zidane snaps and head butts an opponent for running smack, then tough crap - neither he, nor ethnic haytahs like T REX have a pot to piss in integrity-wise. Resorting to a hypocritical string of Italian slurs doesn't help. but it's kind of funny to watch a non-Frenchie melt over a non-issue.

The Italians won. Game over. Get the fuck over it, already.
Won the game? The game was never finished. It went to PKs which really have nothing to do with the play on the field which I thought the french pretty much dominated the defensive italian side.

And the Italians are cheating scum. Mike, I could care less what you say about me on some insignificant message board. the italians are greasy scum diving bitches and play as such.

Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

T REX wrote:Won the game? The game was never finished.
According to the rules, it did.
T REX wrote:It went to PKs which really have nothing to do with the play on the field which I thought the french pretty much dominated the defensive italian side.
I agree that the Italians looked exhausted and thought that for sure the French would outlast them and score the winning goal before regulation ended.

Then Zidane melted, the Italians hung on, and -as per rules- it was settled in PK.
T REX wrote:Mike, I could care less what you say about me on some insignificant message board.
The fact you replied demonstrates otherwise...
T REX wrote:the italians are greasy scum
You see, THAT right there is why your arguments don't mean shit....you completely undermine any credibility you try to have about the awfulness of "racist" remarks by dropping plenty of your own.

Don't like the flopping? Fine. It doesn't thrill anybody, including me.

But trying to claim that any words said by Materazzi constitute "cheating," regardless of how they "made" Zidane react is utter and complete bull. Saying words is not cheating, unless you're playing fucking charades.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

T REX wrote: I thought the french pretty much dominated the defensive italian side.
Wrong. Italy was much more in an attacking mode most of the game and controlled play.

Also, don't forget that France lone goal during regulation came on a PK.

Hey, I was rooting for France, but Italy deserved to win.

At least the U.S. team can say that they tied the eventual champ, FWIW.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

War Wagon wrote:
T REX wrote: I thought the french pretty much dominated the defensive italian side.
Wrong. Italy was much more in an attacking mode most of the game and controlled play.

Also, don't forget that France lone goal during regulation came on a PK.

Hey, I was rooting for France, but Italy deserved to win.

At least the U.S. team can say that they tied the eventual champ, FWIW.
Shots on goal? 14-7, the French. Possession was even. I thought France dominated the Italians from the half on. Let's put it this way...if it went to Golden Goal my money was on the French big time to score.

Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Zidane should have ended it with the header in the 104th minute. I thought France deserved to win.
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

After extra-time, they should just move the match to a 12 ft. water tank and springboard.........let the bigger pussy win.

Guarantee, Italy 'rolls' again.

:bode: