Hey Nish

No headbutting

Moderator: Nishlord

Zyclone
HTTR

Hey Nish

Post by Zyclone »

One minute you were about to blow Zidane as the next Pele.. All smack aside how do you rate him now(or how does history?) and if I may, Rack The Azzurri!
Sharif dont like it! ROCK the Casbah, ROCK the Casbah!
My Home Page
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Still the best of his generation. Doing a Cantona won't alter his legacy, in the long run. He didn't do enough to unseat Pele or Maradona, though.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Doesn't seem right to put maridonna up there with pele when he is best known for cheating his fukking arse off to beat England. But then again, doing whatever to get over seems to be quite all right for the entire sport.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

There's Pele ...

Then on the next tier are players like Zidane, Maradona, Platini, Rossi, Beckenbauer, and Crieff.

If Zidane would've scored 2 or 3 goals and France would have won the Final, it would have put him very close to Pele, imo. As it is, he's still one of the best of his generation.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

^^He's all that...and a disgrace. Fucking stunt probably cost his country the title. I say he offs himself.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

smackaholic wrote:Doesn't seem right to put maridonna up there with pele when he is best known for cheating his fukking arse off to beat England. But then again, doing whatever to get over seems to be quite all right for the entire sport.
yeah, i mean it's not mlb,nhl,nfl, or nba.

where roids,pot,cream n clear, growth hormones and thuggery runs rampant.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

That was a combo of both a brutal head butt, and a great flop.

And this SHOULD taint the guy's legacy considering the circumstance. This wasn't just any moment, or any game. We're talking the biggest moment in the biggest sport in the world, which only comes every four years, and this guy's wantingness to draw attention to himself likely could've spoiled all of that.

French fans will have to spend the rest of their lives wondering what would've happened had he been there for his team during the most crucial time possible.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

smackaholic wrote:Doesn't seem right to put maridonna up there with pele when he is best known for cheating his fukking arse off to beat England. But then again, doing whatever to get over seems to be quite all right for the entire sport.
Wrong. He's also remembered for doing this two minutes later.

As time goes on, Maradona will usurp Pele as all-time greatest, because he spent most of his career in Europe, he single-handedly won a World Cup, and his career was practically covered from start to finish in the video age.

Even the English can't deny the greatness of Maradona, even though he skanked Peter Shilton.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

As for Zidane...I don't think it changed the result one bit. The game still would have finished tied, and Trezuguet would have still missed.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Nishlord wrote:As for Zidane...I don't think it changed the result one bit. The game still would have finished tied, and Trezuguet would have still missed.

Whoa whoa whoa...don't let knowledge of the game and reality get in the way of America's newfound interest in FIFA ball...a day after the tournament.

I've tried to explain to others that there was only one PK missed, and Trezuguet would have still been one of the 5 taking the PKs...to no avail.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Dinsdale wrote:
Nishlord wrote:As for Zidane...I don't think it changed the result one bit. The game still would have finished tied, and Trezuguet would have still missed.

Whoa whoa whoa...don't let knowledge of the game and reality get in the way of America's newfound interest in FIFA ball...a day after the tournament.

I've tried to explain to others that there was only one PK missed, and Trezuguet would have still been one of the 5 taking the PKs...to no avail.
I don't dispute that, but the RC came only moments after Zizou put the header off the crossbar and there were still 10 minutes left.

I do realize you guys aren't defending the idiot but rather refocusing an erroneous argument. I'm just here to help...
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Bring back golden goal and dump pks. What's next FT's in OT in te NBA finals? Or a home run derby in the world series?
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Nishlord wrote:Wrong. He's also remembered for doing this two minutes later.
It was a 'fun' goal, but let's be honest here.

2 defenders whiffed on him, and then the goalie fell down, totally blew the play, and made a complete ass of himself in the process.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

poptart wrote:2 defenders whiffed on him, and then the goalie fell down, totally blew the play, and made a complete ass of himself in the process.

To paraphrase Reggie Bush in the NCAA 2007 ad --

All those times you missed and fell down, don't feel bad -- it wasn't your fault...

It was mine.

Pop -- if you're going to come into a soccer discussion forum and imply that Maradona was overrated, you should probably just stop now...it won't end well for you.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

C'mon now ... Michael Owen's and Dennis Bergkamp's goals in the '98 WC were shit as well. The defenders just blew the plays.

-- pop
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The only reason Renaldo scored all those goals is because the defenders weren't running as fast as he was.

Sin,
pop
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

What a bunch of bullshit -- Pele fell over backwards, and those chumps STILL let him score. He wasn't even facing the goal, for chris'sake.

Sin,
pop
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Dinsdale wrote:Pop -- if you're going to come into a soccer discussion forum and imply that Maradona was overrated, you should probably just stop now...it won't end well for you.
I didn't say Madonna was overrated, I just told the truth about that play.

Did you see it ... ?

2 pasty-skinned gecko-like 'defenders' played matador and then the 3rd stooge, mr goalie, COMPLETELY butchered his assignment and looked like a fool in the process.

The play ..... yes, the play in question here.

If you want to put words in my mouth, knock yourself out.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

That was one hell of a play, but, my contention was that the "hand of god" play was flagrant cheating. That, by itself, takes away from his greatness, imo.

Oh, and those two limey "defenders"? My fukkin' grandma can run better than that. She's been dead about 14 years and she can still run better than that.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.