Explain this to me....

No headbutting

Moderator: Nishlord

WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Explain this to me....

Post by WolverineSteve »

Why would y'all lock the single most successful thread in the history of the soccer forum? Over 100 posts and nearly 1000 views.

Just a question.Sure there were some turds in the pool, but if every thread that was 10% tripe got locked, where would we be.

I'll take Italy in the finals btw. I can't stomach the French winning it all.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Because I felt like it, and I got complaints from others.

Thread's still open, by the way.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Nishlord wrote: Thread's still open, by the way.
?
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Oh.

Well, I didn't lock it.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Re: Explain this to me....

Post by RadioFan »

WolverineSteve wrote:Why would y'all lock the single most successful thread in the history of the soccer forum? Over 100 posts and nearly 1000 views.
Gee, I don't know ... 5 pages of soccer bashing in the WC Forum, maybe?

There's a place for that, called the main forum. Check it out sometime, unless you'd care to link me to all of the "We suck in basketball," "We suck in baseball" and "We suck in football" threads in the NBA, MLB and NFL forums.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

But we rule in all those sports.

If you don't like the thread you could have started your own, or not read it. Locking is a pussy move...kinda like soccerplayer diving.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

RadioFan wrote:
WolverineSteve wrote:Why would y'all lock the single most successful thread in the history of the soccer forum? Over 100 posts and nearly 1000 views.
Gee, I don't know ... 5 pages of soccer bashing in the WC Forum, maybe?

There's a place for that, called the main forum. Check it out sometime, unless you'd care to link me to all of the "We suck in basketball," "We suck in baseball" and "We suck in football" threads in the NBA, MLB and NFL forums.
I disagree. This is the WC forum. that means we discuss the WC here. That includes smacking it. For chrissakes, look who's moderating (alledgedly) UF, sahkah hayta extraordinaire.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

This is the WC forum. that means we discuss the WC here. That includes smacking it.
No, it doesn't.

This is a sports forum. It's not a "bash the sport" forum.

Wtf is the matter with you cunts?

Can't stand the fact that there's nothing else of relevance going on in the sporting world?

Be constructive or get the fuck out. Nobody is forcing you to post in this forum. It's really not that difficult to understand, nor would the bashing be tolerated in any other sports forum on this board.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Could somebody get rf a tampon?

STFU you whinny little cunt. Don't wanna read the sahkah smack, then scroll on by.

Where the hell is fess? Fess, ban this pos or atleast unleash some of your almost world famous sahkah smack.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

smackaholic wrote:For chrissakes, look who's moderating (alledgedly) UF, sahkah hayta extraordinaire.
Yes, that was done as a joke, but also to get folks like e and KC Scott and anybody else who actually would give at least a part of this tournament a shot, with an open mind.

Thanks for reminding me though. Fester provided some comedic relief and spurred some spirited discussion.

"sahkah hayta extaordinaire?" maybe. But then again the intention was to at least get him to watch some of the games in this tournament, with an open mind.

Because, after all, as everybody knows there's soooo much going on in the American sports scene this time of year.

Link me up to it, will ya?

Fester's no longer a mod.

Thanks for reminding me.

Anything else?
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Irony wrote:STFU you whinny little cunt.
Are you done yet?

Still waiting for that link, bro ...
Last edited by RadioFan on Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Look, RF, I like footie. I really do. I like the serious discussion, but I love the flame jobs, when they are done with a little wit.

So, when did fess get sacked or did he quit? And why didn't I get the memo.

Does he have to turn in the mod company car?
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

My bad ...

Fester was made a mod, he wasn't asked to be one. He was unmade as he was made.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Still waiting for that link ...
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Also, before I lock this thread, somebody please link me up to the "We suck in basketball," "We suck in baseball" and "We suck in football" threads in the NBA, MLB and NFL forums.

TIA
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

There may not be one....but you're free to start one up. I could start a we suck thread about my Lions, and probably will when the season is upon us. As for the other sports, my teams are pretty good. Until then..happy censoring.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

RadioFan wrote:Also, before I lock this thread, somebody please link me up to the "We suck in basketball," "We suck in baseball" and "We suck in football" threads in the NBA, MLB and NFL forums.

TIA
Your best move is to keep all threads open, especially in forums that generate very little traffic. Because for all you know, a negative "take" on soccer could very well turn into interesting and positive discussion about the game.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

RadioFan wrote:Also, before I lock this thread...
You need to get over yourself, or purt near soon you'll be typing just to yourself.

Who died and made you like T1B overlord of all things right and proper?

It's no big thing you're tripping about.

Dude, I sorta' like you...seem like a decent sort and all...but learn to live and let live for a change, or cross my heart I'm telling orcinus what a shambles you're making of this place.

We wouldn't want that, now would we?
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Bottom line...locking the thread was bush league. Nish (the only mod of this forum) didn't lock it. Could it be because he realizes that higher traffic is good for the forum overall? Whoever locked it just pussified the forum dedicated to a sport he's been defending as non-pussy....I smell irony in here. Instead of arguing points, dude locks the thread and threatens to lock any threads that oppose his views. Nice little sewing circle you're creating over here.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

My, My, My.

Insert Johnny Gill resets here, clones. And try taking in a little more R&B to all of your pathetic lives.

Where, oh where, to even start with you whining, fucking no-life CUNTS.

Let's start with Mgo.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Your best move is to keep all threads open, especially in forums that generate very little traffic.
How about you actually READ, before posting, much less try to tell me, what my "best move" is, Magoo.
RadioFan, on May 8, in a thread leading up to this very forum wrote:Forum opens: May 15

Forum closes: When folks stop posting, and/or based on how the U.S. does ... no later than July 15 (Hey, the final is July 9).
Oh, so sorry. I guess I'll have to ~ gasp ~ stick to my word.

But don't worry, it if makes you hurt pussies feel any better, yes, this forum will be closed as of July 15. Unless, of course, you whiney fuckbags want me to leave it open for the next four years, because you're still attempting to do everything except post about the topic at hand, I.E. the World Cup.

Oh, but by all means, keep telling me how "unfair" and "cruel" I am.

Now on to the next mensa, whom, unless I'm wrong, just pulled the Orcinus card, and made me laugh. Hard.
War Wagon wrote:Who died and made you like T1B overlord of all things right and proper?
What part of this forum will be closed after the World Cup is over and/or posting in here stops, do you fucking not understand?

And what part of pissing in a sports forum do you NOT understand, Wags? Or should I start a "Hey! Kansas City sucks at football because their fans don't understand football!" thread, in the NFL forum?

And lastly we have this, from WolverineSteve, who started a thread berating soccer in general, and U.S. Soccer in particular:
WolverineSteve wrote:Instead of arguing points ...
What "points" were being argued, outside of "soccer sucks" or "we suck?"

Ya'll think that would be tolerlated in the football, baseball or basketball forums here?

It was fun while it lasted, but now it's time for this entire forum to be closed in two weeks or so.
WolverineSteve wrote:Nice little sewing circle you're creating over here.
Thanks for playing, fellas, and thanks for knitting a while. I think I'll stick to my word, based on how "intelligent" you guys seem to be about this sport.

Get your tardness in, while it lasts, mensas.

Few of you want this forum to remain open for the next four years, so try actually bringing sports takes to a temporary sports forum, next time, K?
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Actually the original thread was born out of a frustration in the US teams performance. I think you could file that under soccer related. I also think it was pertanent to get a pulse on what others thought about the team and sport in general. Many people could give a toss about soccer except during the WC. Many relish the opportunity to win a World event with a team sporting the red, white, and blue. It give us a chance to swell up with national pride. So when our highly touted team shits down its collective leg, alot of us were pissed.

Now if you don't like baseball, football (college or pro), hockey or hoops bring your ass over to those forums and I guarentee your threads that bash a team or sport will remain open.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

RF,

Apart from keeping this World Cup forum open for four years, why not have a general soccer forum?
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

RadioFan wrote: Now on to the next mensa, whom, unless I'm wrong, just pulled the Orcinus card, and made me laugh. Hard.
Trust me. You didn't laugh nearly as hard as i did.

See that tag under my nic?

It's a joke!

RJ glossed me as that one time and it made me laugh.

Seriously bro, cease and desist with the CUNT smack and what not.

The false bravado doesn't work.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

What the fuck are you doing here, you stupid cunt?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Nishlord wrote:What the fuck are you doing here, you stupid cunt?
Needs a little more false bravado.

What the fuck are you doing here, you stupid cunt? I will kick your fukking ass.

How's that? maybe add a [faiduh james] set of brackets. That turns the bravado up to, like, 11.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

socal wrote:Apart from keeping this World Cup forum open for four years, why not have a general soccer forum?
If the users here want it, no problem.

I'll tone down the bravado and start a thread after today's Final is over.

Wags, Orc and I haven't talked in a while, but he did send me a bar tab. :? Good to see him in the main forum.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Yes.

But it should be called 'Sahkah'
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

How 'bout a false bravado/sahkah forum. It would be a place where the haytah and fans get together, discuss the usual topics and threaten one another?
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

We've already got a false bravado forum. It's called 'Click here for Zyclone's recent posts'