No headbutting

Moderator: Nishlord

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

If england lose

Post by Adelpiero »

the city will burn

bad red card, drunk brits, ooooof

ps i think england down 1 man might score against portugal.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

figo is garbage

he's ready for the premierre league
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Neither team has an interest in scoring during the ot's. It should be sudden death, play until someone scores. This PK shit is a terrible way to decide games of this importance.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

England truly sucks at pk's.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: If england lose

Post by Shoalzie »

Adelpiero wrote:the city will burn
England's a city?

Ricardo was awesome on the PKs...he guessed right on every shot, Hargreaves barely got it by him. Appropriate that Ronaldo netted the winner, he was the best player on the field. England would've had a helluva time in the semis if they did win cause Rooney would've missed the match and Beckham's health would've been up in the air. That was a very unispired and flat England team...they didn't deserve to win.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

hey euro

i thought that stop, go, stop bullshit was against the rules now. what a crock of shit. horrible pk by gerrard. that miss was huge. portugal was on ropes before that miss.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

WolverineSteve wrote:Neither team has an interest in scoring during the ot's. It should be sudden death, play until someone scores. This PK shit is a terrible way to decide games of this importance.

With the way those teams were playing...they could've played for 4 days and I don't think either team would score. What they should do is go to 30 minutes OT periods where each team is allowed to have an extra substitution and play until the golden goal is scored. This PK was exciting though...I like seeing the keeper get over on the kicker.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

1-0 France, 68:00

I have to assume a French upset of Brazil will only add insult to injury for England fan.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Yeah, England were shite this time around. There wasn't so much violence, just a painfully silent slink home from the pub. There was a riot on the rough estate next to mine, but that was over the leader of the local crime family being sent down for 40 years for shooting the parents of the bloke who shot his son's mate. So that alright, then.

The still that falls over a packed pub when England go out of the World Cup on penalties is one of the modern wonders of the world. Almost John Cage-like.

And yeah - Brazil going out really rubbed salt in the wound, seeing as we spent most of the month shitting ourselves about meeting them.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”