I'm not gonna player-hate on Italy anymore

No headbutting

Moderator: Nishlord

Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

I'm not gonna player-hate on Italy anymore

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

I give up Italy. You win. I've come around.

You've gotta respect the Italians. If not completely appreciate them. And this is coming from a guy that has despised them over the years.

No team is better at imposing their game plan on the other team than Italy. They do it tournament after tournament. And they do it with a smirky grin on their face 'casue they no they are getting over and pissing off soccer snobs like me who decry they way they play. We bitch and moan about how they don't play the right way and about thow that's why we like Holland and Brazil and Argentina 'cause they attack and bla bla bla.

Italy doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks. They just play to win. And it works.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

They also play to bore and to get a cheap call from the refs to win a game on a penalty.

They are also gifted in the ability to dive.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Cross Traffic wrote:They also play to bore and to get a cheap call from the refs to win a game on a penalty.

And they don't give a fuck that you think that.
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

Cross Traffic wrote:They also play to bore and to get a cheap call from the refs to win a game on a penalty.

They do dive a lot and are boring, but the ref got the call right.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

And the Oscar goes to ....

Fabio Grosso. You put on the best performance of the day to the most important member of the worldwide audience: The idiot ref. Congratulations for your "courage."

Fabio, indeed.

This is such and incredible honor. I'd like to thank my family and friends. But most of all, I'd like to thank Luis Medina. Without him, this just wouldn't be possible.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

The only team I dislike more than Brazil is Italy. Brazil for their NY Yankee-like arrogance, and Italy for EXACTLY what happened yesterday.

Fucking diving drama queens.

With their legion of fans, the whole time, singing, "Bravo! Bravo!"

The only thing funnier than an Italian player diving and winning anything, is a coach for their national team, talking about how "courageous" they are.

And people in here wonder why Americans hate soccer, when this kind of shit happens.
You've gotta respect the Italians. If not completely appreciate them. And this is coming from a guy that has despised them over the years.

No team is better at imposing their game plan on the other team than Italy. They do it tournament after tournament. And they do it with a smirky grin on their face 'casue they no they are getting over and pissing off soccer snobs like me who decry they way they play. We bitch and moan about how they don't play the right way and about thow that's why we like Holland and Brazil and Argentina 'cause they attack and bla bla bla.

Italy doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks. They just play to win. And it works.
Yeah, it works, if you have a ref that falls for their bullshit (AGAIN) or is paid off.

Shit, the Holland-Portugol match was at least a FAIRLY CALLED slugfest. The ref in that game made the ref in this game look like a complete paid-off, grinning, grade-A, short term-looking dumbfuck.

Very difficult to do.

But hold on, "Mr. Luis Cantalejo Medina," (or is that simply Mr. Luis Pindejo, from Spain?) outdid his Russian predecessor, in the claim to "worst refereed game of the tournament."

The Ref from the U.S.-Italy game took the first shot at the title and set the mark pretty damn high ... and then ... that complete jackass from Russia calling the Holland-Portugal game outdid him.

The new title now belongs to Mr. Luis Pindejo Medina.

Excellent job, with your slogan of "fair play," FIFA.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Horrible way for the Aussies to go out. And a horrible way for my four-fold accumulator to be shot down.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
See You Next Wednesday

Criminey, could you be any more of a pissy whiner, RF. IN the legion of bad calls that one probably ranks at the bottom if it belongs on the list at all (which it doesn't). I wanted Australia to win, I thought they at least deserved better, but I don't think the call was horrible or a crime. The Australian player slid wildly at the Italian player, completely missed the ball, got in his way and took away a scoring chance.

What a pissing moaner you are.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

just a few things.....

I'm generally not much of a spellcheck smacker, but, when one's lack of ability to type english causes me to go back and reread a sentence three times before I realize that the dumbass nonproofreading twat just used the wrong spell, I get annoyed.

The Italians are gifted in the art of trickery. Wht should futbol be any different from anything else... And yes, I'm half dago.

I don't even no mush espanol. I don't even know how to do the squiggly thing over the n. But, isn't it pendejo?

What the fukk is a four fold accumulator? Really fat chick in a bukkake video?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

See You Next Wednesday wrote:IN the legion of bad calls that one probably ranks at the bottom if it belongs on the list at all (which it doesn't). I wanted Australia to win, I thought they at least deserved better, but I don't think the call was horrible or a crime.
Yes, it was. Sheesh, take a look at some WC boards and the posts involving non-Italian fans.

No real surprise though. Italy always seems to get away with a call like this, tournament after tournament.

No problem though. They'll manage to sqeak out a bullshit win against Ukraine, then get waxed in the semifinals. Watch.
See You Next Wednesday

RadioFan wrote:
See You Next Wednesday wrote:IN the legion of bad calls that one probably ranks at the bottom if it belongs on the list at all (which it doesn't). I wanted Australia to win, I thought they at least deserved better, but I don't think the call was horrible or a crime.
Yes, it was. Sheesh, take a look at some WC boards and the posts involving non-Italian fans.

No real surprise though. Italy always seems to get away with a call like this, tournament after tournament.

No problem though. They'll manage to sqeak out a bullshit win against Ukraine, then get waxed in the semifinals. Watch.
I have, the BBC website for example had 44% thinking that, yes, it was a foul. Not a majority, but hardly an overwhelming number thinking it wasn't. Basically, folks liked Australia, don't like Italy (me included), and want desperatley to think it was a bad call. Eric Wynalda on ESPN said it was the correct call. Check out the daily blogs on at the Fox Soccer Chanel Website , where thre commentators siad: foul, no foulf, and very close. You can disabgree with me all you like, it wasn't a horrible call, it isn't obvious and it was the correct call IMO.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

[Dull racial slurs edited due to lack of interest]
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

OK, now I'll give Italy props for the 3-0 shalacking today.

The diving was curtailed to every other time there was a 50/50 ball instead of the normal 95 percent.

Just when Ukraine was knocking at the door and had two shots blocked by the keeper and a defender in a wild sequence, Italy goes on a counter attack and scores. That just completely took everything out of Ukraine.

Granted, it was Ukraine, but still, Italy looked good today.