USA - Ghana - Czech Republic - Italy

No headbutting

Moderator: Nishlord

Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

USA - Ghana - Czech Republic - Italy

Post by Nishlord »

Fucking shame both games are on at the same time, and even more of a shame that the BBC have picked the Italy game. Luckily, a slip home from work and a press of the interactive button means I'll be able to watch both.

Fuck knows what's going to happen here. Both Italy and the Czechs have been rattled, and both Ghana and the US are well up for it. I want the Czechs to go through (because Italy don't deserve to) and Ghana (because they'll give Brazil a right game).
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I was already taking Monday and Tuesday off of these week and I decided to just take the entire week off so I can watch these games.

I heard yesterday on ESPN what the story is for why these last games for each group are put on at the same time. I forget the year and the teams involved but one game was played early in the day and the team in the later game just needed a tie to move on so they pretty much sat on a tie score and played not to lose. It's supposed protect the integrity of these final games. In the case of Group E, I don't think any of these teams will jake their game considering any team can either advance or be eliminated. ESPN/ESPN2 does a nice job of keep us updated on what's going on in the other game and they give standings updates based on if the scores in the games stayed the same.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Shit! 1-0 Ghana...Reyna down on the field (looks like a knee or ankle injury). :x
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

1-0 Italy
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

1-1! 8)

Dempsey in the 43rd minute
Reyna subbed out for Ben Olsen

Both goals coming off bad giveaways near the box.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Damn it...PK coming up for Ghana, another questionable call against Onyewu. :x

Edit--2-1 Ghana
Last edited by Shoalzie on Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

I see FIFA's version of Dick Bavetta is reffing this game.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Degenerate wrote:I see FIFA's version of Dick Bavetta is reffing this game.
The guy in the Italy game wasn't a peach either.
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

You know there's a difference between being aggressive and just being stupid. Onyewu is just fucking stupid.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Horrible call against Onyewu. Dude has his arms up and they call him for pushing?

Of course, that whole sequence was started because the U.S. didn't clear the ball properly. Same old story.

Damn it.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

JCT wrote:You know there's a difference between being aggressive and just being stupid. Onyewu is just fucking stupid.
You obviously know nothing about soccer. He was going for the ball with his hands out. That was not a foul. Totally blown call by the ref.

We need more offense. Let's get Johnson and Ching in there in the 2nd half
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

You've got to defend the guy inside your box...you can't just let him get a free shot at the header. He basically bumped into the guy...no elbows or forearms were used. The ref has been consist at least...very ticky-tack stuff. None of the cards were really warranted and that PK was very questionable as well.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Harvdog wrote:We need more offense. Let's get Johnson and Ching in there in the 2nd half

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Donovan pulled from the game...he's done nothing these three games. They just need to push the ball ahead with speed. How many times did they move ahead and then drop the ball back to allow Ghana's defense to set up? The goal was set up by Beasley using his speed and Dempsey drove to the net. They need more of that in the next 45. Two more goals for them to stay alive with Ghana being able to advance with a win. I wonder how Ghana will approach the second half.
Last edited by Shoalzie on Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

That call was criminal.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

Harvdog wrote:
JCT wrote:You know there's a difference between being aggressive and just being stupid. Onyewu is just fucking stupid.
You obviously know nothing about soccer. He was going for the ball with his hands out. That was not a foul. Totally blown call by the ref.
Yeah, I got that. Miss the point much? He's been grabbing, pulling and fouling for 2 days, think that the horrible refs might nail him for something (or nothing) at a really time bad time?
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

From those of us at work I want to thank all you guys for the updates. Hopefully they will bring good news soon.......
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I sniff tricycle seats at the local kindergarten.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Cicero wrote:I didnt realize so many peple on here were unemployed. :D

Had the week off...

I guess it's time to root for the motherland...Go England!
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

JCT wrote:
Harvdog wrote:
Yeah, I got that. Miss the point much? He's been grabbing, pulling and fouling for 2 days, think that the horrible refs might nail him for something (or nothing) at a really time bad time?
That call had nothing to do with the others. He was called for the body and for the total flop by Pimpong. I have never seen a group of players take more flops that Ghana. I thought the Italians were bad.

I think the coach needs to rethink his analogy of Ghana. They aren't the Brazil of West Africa, they are the Italy.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

reyna absolutely sucked this cup. hopefully this is his last. he sucks
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Shoalzie wrote:Had the week off...
Same here. :D

Damn, that PK call just deflated us. We finally got into all-out attack mode in the second part of the second half ... not enough.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

soccer is for boring cunts.
Last edited by SoCalTrjn on Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Cicero wrote:I sniff tricycle seats at the local kindergarten.
And I also practice oral sex on my Dad's armpits.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Damn. We got to wait 4 more years.

I guess I will go for Ghana now. They look like this years Senegal.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

If Ghana gets by Brazil, I swear to God I'm going to find a Ghana flag, buy it and fly it outside of my house for a week.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

RACK the mod abuse

OUTSTANDING!!

:lol:
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Read the small print, cock-boy;
Nishlord wrote:And when I'm World Cup Mod, all anti-Sahkurr posts not as innovative as Festers will be tampered with.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I like black cock.