Moderator: Nishlord

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

arena needs to be disbarred
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I'm beginning to think all SoCalers are ignorant dumbshits like SoCalTrjn.

I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I never find an exception.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I'm beginning to think all SoCalers are ignorant dumbshits like SoCalTrjn.

socal=smickity
the ignorance has always been there
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Harvdog wrote:Absolutely a balls out game for the US. We got hosed on the cards. If you look at the replays, both Pablo and Eddie got the ball. Eddie should have known better. But on his first card the replay showed that he was the one being held and dragged down by the Italian striker.

The ref was the worst I have ever seen. He should be disbarred from ever reffin' a game at the world cup level. What a complete joke he was. This had the makings of an epic game and the ref did every thing he could to botch it.

Bravo to the US. I still think that we should have brought in Eddie Johnson in the 80 minute. His speed and scoring would have been a bitch for the tired Italian defense to handle.

Go ITALY.....beat the Czechs.

Good luck Thursday. Can't wait......
Rack.

I've been watching the World Cup since 1982 and I have never seen a game called like that. That ref needs to be barred from calling any more games, period. He also needs his ass beaten, seriously. What a complete joke of an "official" that motherfucker is. I would seriously punch him in the face if I ever saw him. I was hoping after the game, Arena would come out on the field and show the ref a red card. Fucking clueless jackass. What the hell was FIFA thinking letting this idiot call a game? The way he called it was an embarrasment to the tournament -- a new low for officiating. Nice going, "Ref."

Fantastic effort by the U.S. -- by far our best showing ever in Europe. It's like Landon Donovan said, "We were fine against the 10 guys in blue, but we got killed by the one guy in red with the wistle," or something to that effect. RACK him.

I was watching the game with my family we all started screaming when Beasley apparently scored. Technically, the correct call was made reguarding offsides, but if McBride had only been back a step or two, it may not have been called, since it was a shot on goal and not a pass to him ... arrrrrg.

And yes, the Italians are known for flopping. The subject has been covered in here before. SocalTrjn might try actually reading some of the threads in here before spouting off. Dumbass.

As to Arena saving that last sub ... the only reason I was thinking he did it was in case of an injury. No way we would have survived long going 8 on 10. Had it been me, I would have used the last sub with about 5-10 minutes left.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I'm beginning to think all SoCalers are ignorant dumbshits like SoCalTrjn.

Que the fuck, MgoAbuelo?

:lol:
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

RadioFan wrote: Technically, the correct call was made reguarding offsides, but if McBride had only been back a step or two, it may not have been called, since it was a shot on goal and not a pass to him ... arrrrrg.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the call for McBride obstructing the goalie, and not an offside call?

Whatever, I still think it was a bullshit call from a rec-league referee.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

McBride was in an offside position when the shot was taken. Even though he didn't touch the ball, he made a move that deceived or distracted the keeper by lifting his leg to allow the ball to pass through. Therefore, in the opinion of the referee, McBride should be penalized for an offside offense.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Mac22
Elwood

Post by Mac22 »

happened to see this somewhere else... but this is the best link regarding the referee from the US v Italy game...

http://www.soccernet.com/columns/2002/0 ... e2002.html
"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital."

If teachers made twice as much as rock stars, which would you rather be?

There are two motivations in sports... which one is yours?

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

back in the 'wtf is OS' thread, there was some mention about the refs being allowed to make a judgement call and let them play on if the OS is not affecting the play. Seems to me that if somebody beat the shooter past the defense, but is not on the receiving end of a pass, this would be one of those cases. BTW, where was the ref from?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

I made a little poem for our "Ref" friend from Uruguay...

[best dice clay voice]Roses are red
Violets are blue
after your dad nailed your mom in the ass
out popped you

OOOHHHHH......[/best dice clay voice]
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

RadioFan wrote:
As to Arena saving that last sub ... the only reason I was thinking he did it was in case of an injury. No way we would have survived long going 8 on 10. Had it been me, I would have used the last sub with about 5-10 minutes left.
Makes sense but he still shouldve used the sub in stoppage time to waste a little bit of time and get some fresh legs on for one last shot on goal.

Hopefully this is arenas last go around.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.