Argentina

No headbutting

Moderator: Nishlord

al?
Elwood

Argentina

Post by al? »

If that's what they did to a Serbian team that held the Netherlands to a single goal.....holy crap. Although the red card given to the serbs was horseshit.

The Serbs were heralded as a superior defensive side, but it sure didn't look that way today. The touch passes made by some of the Argentine players, especially the second goal.....wow.

Argentina looks exceptionally strong. Holland will have their work cut out for them on the 21st.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Argentina has been a scary machine in both games so far. Today they were ridiculous.

They completely took apart a fairly decent Serb-Mont. team like it was a fucking work-league pick-up squad ... in the first half. The game was over at halftime and it looked like the Argentinians were just going through practice when the last three goals were scored.

If they continue to play at this level, it's hard for me to see anyone beating them.

Now I'm glad Holland gets to face them in the group stage. I would not want to be a fan of the team matched up against them in the round of 16 ... probably Mexico. Pobricitos!
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Argentina are the fucking boys right now. Unfortunately, I laid down some cash on an Argentina-Brazil final, which means one of them has to come 2nd in their group. Hoping for a Brazil choke in the next two games...
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Actually, that's bullshit. If both teams win their group stage, they're seperated until the final. But I can't see Brazil getting there at the moment.

Ghana v Brazil in the second round would be a killer game.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

For Brazil, they probably need to do what they suggested on the ABC broadcast and sit Ronaldo until the end of the game. He just stands around and waits for the ball. He's not nearly as dangerous one-on-one as he was four and eight years ago. They need to get guys out there that can create their own shots.