England were fucking AWFUL.

No headbutting

Moderator: Nishlord

Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

England were fucking AWFUL.

Post by Nishlord »

By the last ten minutes, I was begging for Trinidad and Tobago to do us over and give the team a severe kick up the arse. I don't care if Rooney's legs fall off - he has to play every game now.

Ecuador look pretty scary, all of a sudden.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

The entire Motherland ought to be on their hands and knees thanking John Terry for saving England's ass today. They were lucky they weren't down 1-0 ... very lucky.

By the same line, Crouth boffed at least two opportunities on which my newphews could have scored. Lampard looked like he was trying to put the ball into the roof of the stadium every time he took a shot.

I wouldn't panic just yet, but Eng has some work to do.

RACK T&T for playing them tough until the last 10 minutes. I thought it was going to be a scoreless draw until then.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Didn't see the game....but I sure heard some bitching from the Other Side Of The Pond afterwards through my telephone.

Seems to be a concensus opinion.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

The thing is, this is supposed to be England's best chance to win it since '66. Golden generation, and all that.

I can quite easily see Germany playing for the draw against Ecuador, so they finish 2nd and have a go at England.I'm far from being the patriotic caveman type. but I still expected England to do far better than this.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

The thing is, this is supposed to be England's best chance to win it since '66. Golden generation, and all that.

I can quite easily see Germany playing for the draw against Ecuador, so they finish 2nd and have a go at England.I'm far from being the patriotic caveman type. but I still expected England to do far better than this.
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

England has had a poor showing at best.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Both England and Sweden look like they will be massacred by Germany and Ecuador. Right now group B looks like now match for group A. Eng and Swe better take it up a few notches soon.

I'm an Oranje fan (Hup!) and my best bud is an England fan. I was telling him that England had as much problem putting away T and T as the Dutch had finishing off IC. And then I told him to just look at the TT players compared to the IC players (who looked like an NBA all-star team). That shows how sorry England was.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Nishlord wrote:The thing is, this is supposed to be England's best chance to win it since '66. Golden generation, and all that.

mods, can we get a double post yellow card here?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Aren't you still waiting for Cherno Samba to live up to those expectations?
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Nishlord wrote:The thing is, this is supposed to be England's best chance to win it since '66. Golden generation, and all that.
2002 was their chance. Blew it big time. They looked good coming out of '02's group of death over Nigeria and Sweden, then thrashed Denmark. Had the 1-0 lead over Brazil in the quaters and were looking good before they gave up the lead right before half. Then the Seaman oopsie and England misses out on any easy path to the cup through Turkey and Germany, both of whom England would have beaten by multiple goals.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

I fear you may be right, but 2002 was an absolute anomaly of a tournament. We don't travel well out of Europe.

I'm rather hoping that we get Germany in the next round, because everyone will be totally up for it and it'll remind everyone of the last time we played 'em.