ABC is garbage

No headbutting

Moderator: Nishlord

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

ABC is garbage

Post by Adelpiero »

another year watching the world cup on univision.

the picture quality is poor. why even spend the $$$ and send tv crews? just keep the guys in conneticut, use univisions feed and announce in the stuido(ala fox sports world).

disney/abc/espn=garbage
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

agree. but werent' the ABC games supposed to be in HD. doesn't matter to me, I'm moving in a month and dumped cable service a couple weeks ago to save some coin....so my antennae reception blows (since i live pretty close to the foothills here in Colorado)
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

Anyone try out some of the webcasting or P2P casts from Japan? They are about as exciting as the US Broadcasts, but at least I can watch the broadcasts from work.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

The coverage on ITV - the UK's other channel - is sponsored by Budweiser. They have 10-second clips before and after the ad-breaks of two stereotypically ignorant American ESPN types.

They offend me, never mind Americans.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Univision is all you need.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Yep, that's all I've been watching, except in between games, then I'll switch to ESPN.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

Just don't let the board conservatives know you have taken to watching Spanish language broadcasts.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Univision is much better at covering the games.

When they have a baseball announcer and hockey color commentator calling games for espn...there is a problem
al?
Elwood

Post by al? »

The commentators sound like they're calling a wrestling match.

Get a different feed if you can.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

How do you guys know the Univision coverage is better? Do you all speak Spanish?

I guess I just don't understand how listening to a Spaniard on speed is less annoying than the ABC coverage.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

I don't speak Spanish but I still prefer the coverage before, during, between and after matches.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Thats because so few people in the US actually give 2 shits about soccer, they could have aired a replay of the SuperBowl and had 10 times the ratings
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

SoCalTrjn wrote:Thats because so few people in the US actually give 2 shits about soccer, they could have aired a replay of the SuperBowl and had 10 times the ratings

^^^
the idiot of cfb has spoken :meds: :meds:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

socal wrote:I don't speak Spanish but I still prefer the coverage before, during, between and after matches.
I guess for a (very) casual soccer fan like myself...it's more beneficial to watch the ABC coverage. As boring as they may be, I will at least get a few tidbits of information about the players that I wouldn't learn by listening to a language I do not understand.

I can see why someone would be less than satisfied with ABC's coverage (as it relates to ALL sports), but on the other hand, I see no upside to watching it covered by a language you do not understand.

Just doesn't make sense.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

i watch univision because of the picture quality, not for the announcers.

oh yeah and rack gagagagagagagagagoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

It was a little bright for me. Bordering on unrealistic.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

i watch univision because of the picture quality
The feed is all the same. Every country/network doesn't have their own cameras covering each game. The feed is the feed and picture quality comes down to individual TVs. Some stations come in better in some areas than other stations even though they come in on the same cable/sat feed.

I do have to say though that I have seen more stations tuned to Univision. The TV at the carwash, the tv on the counter at the gas station, the TV at the airport, etc. From a purely selfish standpoint I am happy to see more people tuning into Univision's coverage as it just hurts ESPN and ABC's ratings and maybe in the future we won't have this forced down our throats.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

car wash, gas station.....thats because soccer fans in this country generally speak spanish
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

SoCalTrjn wrote:car wash, gas station.....thats because soccer fans in this country generally speak spanish
yeah, i mean none of the euros or asians who live in the usa would be watching :meds:
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

holy shit

the halftime show on unvivison :shock: :shock: :shock:

about 10 hot latina bitches in tight brazil uniforms. definately spank material, and you ask why univision is better than abc???
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Having no problems with my HD

Go USA
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07