PKs/shootouts fucking BLOW

No headbutting

Moderator: Nishlord

RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

PKs/shootouts fucking BLOW

Post by RadioFan »

OK, let me get this off my chest, RIGHT FUCKING NOW, because I KNOW this is going to come up at some point, starting in late-June.

Penalty kicks/shootouts SUCK, worse than field goals deciding American football playoff games, MUCH worse.

Why worse, in the analogy I typed?

Here's why ...

Let's imagine an American football playoff game, tied 21-21. They play OT, they play a second OT. Still no score.

So the NFL says, "Hey, here's how we'll settle it! We'll put each team on the field, make them take turns ... at kicking 20-yard field goals! Yes, that's the ticket, for five kicks each! Winner of the five kicks each wins it! Yes, sounds awesome doesn't it?

Fans: So what happens when each team makes the same number of field goals?

NFL, "FUCK YOU, We'll do what we want, and you'll like it. Hey! we're not done yet! We'll have the teams keep alternating with their kicking teams, until somebody misses! We understand where you're coming from. Somebody has to win it. Happy now? Exciting, isn't it?
FIFA wrote:Image

Brilliant!!! The World will love us. BRILLIANT!
:meds:

FUCK PKs. Either change the subustitution rule or make them keep playing until everyone collapses on the field, I don't care. A shootout is a bullshit way to end an elimination game in a tournament, Period.

Yeah, I know, I shouldn't be so bitter, and I'm not. In fact, I'm so amped up for this tournament, I can hardly sleep.

SCS, Wags, others in here, PKs won't be an issue, until the second round/knockout stages.

But for the record on this Sunday, less than a week before the tournament ... it's going to happen ... some team who was dominated by another team, but just couldn't break through will move on, via a shootout. It could be Brazil, it could be England, it could even be the U.S., who just "happens" to win, on PKs.

FUCK THAT.

Call me a bitter Holland fan, but I will never, EVER rack a victory based on PKs, not even if the USA beats Brazil on them.

It's a horseshit way ... he'll it's NOT a way ... to "win" a game.

:x :x :x :x
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

SCS, Wags, others in here, PKs won't be an issue, until the second round/knockout stages.

Believe it or not I might know a thing or two about soccer. You tend to pick up on little sports like that when you date a Mexican National for over four years of your life ;).

Just sayin'.

Yeah I agree PKs suck.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Totally agree. Replays!
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Nice rant, RF. But what if the United States beats Italy on kicks from the penalty mark? What then bitter little Dutch Boy?

:wink:
Last edited by socal on Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Mac22
Elwood

Post by Mac22 »

Cup replays are definitely a great way of doing it, and provide some great moments in the different English and other cups... but at the same time not a logistical reality in the world cup of course. i like the play 'til you score idea.
"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital."

If teachers made twice as much as rock stars, which would you rather be?

There are two motivations in sports... which one is yours?

Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

The police banned more than one replay in the FA Cup some time ago, which is a shame. I remember Liverpool and Arsenal going to five replays in the 1980 FA Cup semi-final. It was like a World Series.

(and that's a fucking brilliant avatar)
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Mac22
Elwood

Post by Mac22 »

Nishlord wrote:(and that's a fucking brilliant avatar)
i knew you'd appreciate it :D
"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital."

If teachers made twice as much as rock stars, which would you rather be?

There are two motivations in sports... which one is yours?