US TV times

No headbutting

Moderator: Nishlord

Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

US TV times

Post by Nishlord »

“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Thanks Nish! RACK YOU!!!
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Mac22
Elwood

Post by Mac22 »

i definitely like this better than 2002 when i had to pull an all-nighter just to watch the games at 1, 3, and 5 am...
"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital."

If teachers made twice as much as rock stars, which would you rather be?

There are two motivations in sports... which one is yours?

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Mac22 wrote:i definitely like this better than 2002 when i had to pull an all-nighter just to watch the games at 1, 3, and 5 am...
Should have seen my wife,friends, and II at the bar/club. We basically shut the place down except for soccer fans... all 12 or 13 of us :lol:. But we had a blast doing it!
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Mac22 wrote:i definitely like this better than 2002 when i had to pull an all-nighter just to watch the games at 1, 3, and 5 am...

Those times actually worked good for me considering the late hour I went to work and I had classes later in the day. I remembered staying up late and watching Team USA's games. It sucks that I'll miss two of the three group play games. Any chance that any of these games will be rebroadcasted? The Italy game being on a Saturday is a good deal though. I'm gonna definitely be checking the scores while I'm at the office.

Honestly, I'm not the biggest soccer fan in general. I played a couple years before I got into baseball and other sports. I think this is the ultimate global tournament in sports and naturally, I root for Team USA in anything. If we ever the tournament back in the States again, I'd love to go see a game or two.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Shoalzie wrote:If we ever the tournament back in the States again, I'd love to go see a game or two.
I figured it would be a while before it ever was held here again -- at least another generation -- so I saw two games in '94, both in the Cotton Bowl: The second-round game between Sweden and Saudi Arabia (Sweden won, 3-1), and the quarterfinal between Holland and Brazil (Brazil won, 3-2, in what was arguably the best game of the tournament). That game was fantastic, especially because there were showers in the Dallas area that day -- a rarity for the middle of the summer -- and it was actually bearable in the stadium, with temps in the low-80s and cloud cover. The weekend before, when I saw SWE-SA, it was typical Dallas weather -- about 103 and not a cloud in the sky. I thought I was going to pass out a few times ... absolutely brutal ... but the atmosphere of the fans was worth it.

I drove 10 hours from Lawrence to Dallas on successive weekends to see the games. Both were sold out.

I'm surprised you didn't try to catch a game in the Silverdome, Shoalz.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.