UEFA Champions League Final... Barca v Gunners

No headbutting

Moderator: Nishlord

A.C. Crut
Elwood

UEFA Champions League Final... Barca v Gunners

Post by A.C. Crut »

Anyone watching?

Lehman gets a red card in the first half, Gunners score later in the half on a free kick header delivered by Henry.

Still 1-0 in the second half, 30 minutes left.
Mac22
Elwood

Post by Mac22 »

questionable officiating on two major plays... first on the red card. as was mentioned in the telecast, you need to let play go just a bit. then the goal comes, and the card doesn't happen. that is the rule of advantage. if advantage isn't realized, bring the play back.
second on the dive... FIFA keeps saying they are going to start cracking down on it, and i hope they start soon. plays like that which lead to goals are horrible.

also have to comment on the no-shows of ronaldinho and henry. both had plenty of touches in the game, but couldn't capitalize on them. the one aspect of this game was going to be the battle of the big guns, and neither fired.

a classic, as mentioned by nishlord in another thread, was the FA cup final. if you get fox soccer channel, it is still in the replay cycle, i highly recommend watching.
"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital."

If teachers made twice as much as rock stars, which would you rather be?

There are two motivations in sports... which one is yours?

A.C. Crut
Elwood

Post by A.C. Crut »

FoxSoccerChannel is nice, real nice.

You have to think the Arsenal flop was a retaliation call by the refs for tossing Lehman.
Mac22
Elwood

Post by Mac22 »

FSC is great for now, but i would love to have Sky Sports... since i would then have soccer AND rugby.

Referee Terje Hauge has admitted he may have acted too hastily in sending off Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann in the Champions League final against Barcelona.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 18&cc=5901
"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital."

If teachers made twice as much as rock stars, which would you rather be?

There are two motivations in sports... which one is yours?

A.C. Crut
Elwood

Post by A.C. Crut »

Also, the yellow card given to Henry was an awful call as well. He clearly made contact with the ball first, the momentum of both players put them on a collision course.

It didn't affect the game, just another example of sub-standard officiating.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”