2018-2019 T1B CFB Pickem - Week 14 Results (Regular Season)

A forum for Shine to shine.

Moderators: Shine, indyfrisco

Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Re: 2018-2019 T1B CFB Pickem - Week 14 Results (Regular Seas

Post by Bucmonkey »

Snaked one in...game on? :?

Thanks for the pool 88.
Go Bucs, Gators
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

88 wrote:The purpose of this exercise is to demonstrate that sports betting is for suckers. Just play this game for fun and keep your caysh.

As is usually discussed every year... yes and no. If the top 4 on the season (Goobs, Killian, The Goiter, and L45) would have bet X amount (the same amount) on every game they picked, they would have finished slightly ahead. X would have to be a substantial amount to make the hourly rate for putting in the work more than minimum wage ($10 per game would have netted Goobs about $110 for the season).

Other side of the coin -- most people wouldn't have 10 games they were confident with, and sports books don't require a mandatory pick. I know I usually struggled to find 10 I had any clue about (and those "clues" weren't worth a shit).

That said, sports books aren't charities. They're also not high markup. They're looking to make their 2.5%, and make money on volume.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I know I've qualified a couple/few times in the past with a lucky week here or there, but this by far was my best season, but I couldn't eke out a single week. I tried a new system this year, and it worked.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

16 The Seer [Highest percentage - not Regular Season Points Champion - no weekly wins]

That sounds something like backing into an invite to the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl but I'll take it :oops: !
E UNUM PLURIBUS
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

For what it's worth, the only time I've won a week all the years I've participated in CFB Pickem was the week I knew I'd be out of the country and picked blind trusting 88 would set me up and needed a video review from Goober IIRC.

:lol:
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Thanks for doing this as you do every year, 88braincells

Props to Gobbles McTubesteak on winning the season. You could teach Wisky hockey a thing or two about not sucking so hard.

I was pathetic this year. Unrack me.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Dinsdale wrote:Other side of the coin -- most people wouldn't have 10 games they were confident with, and sports books don't require a mandatory pick. I know I usually struggled to find 10 I had any clue about (and those "clues" weren't worth a shit).
Yeah, sharp bettors aren't picking 10 games a week, and they know how to hedge to help mitigate their losses. They also understand trends, and don't over-react to things like one game sample sizes, injuries, and weather, the way the general public does. But 88's larger point is correct. The casual bettor should never try to bet games as any sort of business enterprise. They will not come out ahead in the long run. Every once in a while, I'll deposit the minimum ($25) into my off shore account and see how long I can let it ride. I've only cashed out twice. It can be fun as long as you only approach it as entertainment, not a side hustle, and only wager what you can afford to lose. I think if you want to make some money, the best way is to go all in on one game. Do your homework, follow a team meticulously, wait for the right time, and go large on one game. If you get it right, cash out, and walk away. Kind of like a bank heist, get in and get out. But people get greedy and go back for more. That's when things go downhill for them.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Props to Gobbles McTubesteak on winning the season. You could teach Wisky hockey a thing or two about not sucking so hard.
Are you referring to the Wisky hockey team that is tied for first place in the B1G? Does your husband follow hockey at all?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim