Pittsburgh Steelers season in review

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Pittsburgh Steelers season in review

Post by BSmack »

It's becoming real damned difficult to root for a bunch of shity human beings like the current Steelers roster.Image
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Pittsburgh Steelers season in review

Post by Goober McTuber »

Who would have ever expected to see a uniquely gifted wide receiver turn out to be a prima donna douchebag?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Hey B, you've probably seen it but check it out. A Steelers fan does weekly reviews, 'Days Of Our Steelers' and 'Captain Fat Fuck'. Pissed myself laughng!

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I'm not sure how Larry Fitzgerald became a great receiver, since he's the antithesis of a typical receiver.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I haven't been much of a Tomlin fan since they jettisoned Bruce Arians. The AB issue was likely exasperated by Tomlin giving 2nd year player Juju Smith Schuster the teams 2018 MVP. Something Tomlin should have understood was going to be an issue for AB. Now it looks like we'll see how much of an MVP SS is next season when AB is gone and defenses actively scheme against him.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Dinsdale wrote:I'm not sure how Larry Fitzgerald became a great receiver, since he's the antithesis of a typical receiver.
Fitzgerald and Jones aren't the only Atypical WRs.

Sincerely,

Butkus didn't wear an earring.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

The Patriots have proven over and over again that wide receiver is one of the most fungible positions in the NFL. What you need is a good quarterback who can spread the ball around and guys who can manage their assignments. Diva wide receivers are a thing of the past.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

If AB were to go anywhere it would be the Raiders. Thought the whole reason they parted ways with Mack and Cooper was they didn't want to tie up that much salary in just two players :?: Poptart, your thoughts?
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

A 3 and a 5 for a player who has done what Brown has done over the past 6-8 years seems like a good bargain.
But I have concerns about the move.

1. I am anti-Derek Carr, and I fear this move means that Jon Gruden has no intention of moving Carr, and he wants to give Derek a nice shiny toy to play with -- in hopes that it will get him over the hump.

I think Carr is a -----> LOSER.
I want him out.

2. Amari Cooper is not in Brown's league, but he is still a dangerous player and is 7 years younger than Brown. They could have held on to him.

3. Brown sort of went off the deep end this past season, behavior-wise. Now he's joining an organization that is not exactly a model of stability. Is he going to settle in and play like we've seen him play the past number of seasons? I dunno.

4. In Pitty, Brown had a future hall of famer throwing him the ball. In Raider gear he's going to have deer in the headlights throwing him the ball. Again, I dunno.

100+ catches
1,200+ yds
10+ TDs

That is what is expected, and there will frankly be no excuse if it doesn't happen.

But if I was to bet on it, I'd bet Brown does not put up those numbers.

Time will tell.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

I watched all but one Steelers game this year. Ben was forcing the ball to Brown just to get him the numbers that he needed to maintain some level for peace in the locker room. In any normal system Brown would have had a 80 catch, 950 yd 7 TD season. That's what the Raiders are paying 30 million in guaranteed money for. 80 catches, 950 yards and 7 TD's.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:I guess if he can do the job, Gruden will know that.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:AJ McCarron showed what kind of NFL QB he could be in the 2015 playoffs against Pittsburgh. If not for the boneheads on the Cincy defense blowing the game, the Bengals would have finally beaten the Steelers.

I guess if he can do the job, Gruden will know that. Here's hoping AJ gets a shot to run the Raider offense.

The Steelers need to clamp down on their childish players. Of course two of the main children are now gone, but it's appeared for quite some time that there is no discipline at all on that team.

If Antonio Brown doesn't like being referred to as a "kid", he needs to stop acting like one. He's far less mature than my grandkids who aren't even ten yet.

The Larry Fitzgeralds and Julio Joneses of the league must cringe every time they see idiots like Brown pull their shitty acts.
Is McCarron still married to Miss Bammer?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

AJ just got the chop. That's twice in eight months he's lost a job in favour of.. Nathan Peterman :shock:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Dr_Phibes wrote:That's twice in eight months he's lost a job in favour of.. Nathan Peterman
Statistically the worst QB of all time.

He lost his job tothe worst QB in NFL history.

Keep pimping him, Sam. He's the best Bama QB prospect in decades.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Dr_Phibes wrote:AJ just got the chop. That's twice in eight months he's lost a job in favour of.. Nathan Peterman :shock:

fucked up/leave it at that

:shock:
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

In this situation, I'm just worried for Gruden - I actually like him. Peterman is this crazy Jekyll and Hyde. There's the Peterman from Pitt, there's NFL Peterman on the Bills practice squad and Peterman in pre-season.

Then there's Peterman in an actual NFL game. Fuses blow, wires short-out, the fire department becomes involved and your team gets shit-hammered by twenty five points. I know the Raiders 'mystique' allows for circumstances like this, but this is off the charts. I've had hysterical calls during the Bears game from a pal losing his marbles, 'never watching the Bills again!! Fukking PETERMAN??'

Gruden is being sucked in, as was McDermott - and I think they're both savvy characters. There's no way AJ is that bad.
YouCant
Crack Whore

Post by YouCant »

Can someone recap for me the last 4 seasons?

Oh yeah........................... some NFC team team played in the Patriots' final game of the season, and 1 time, some shitbag back-up QB somehow beat them.

The end.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

BSmack wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:47 pmI In any normal system Brown would have had a 80 catch, 950 yd 7 TD season. That's what the Raiders are paying 30 million in guaranteed money for. 80 catches, 950 yards and 7 TD's.
At this point it looks like Oakland is paying that money for a kick in the nuts.

Wow.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Yeah it's going to be an epic disaster. He may put up some stats but he'll rip that team apart.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

he'll rip that team apart
Is he bright enough to even do that? I'd imagine Gruden runs a tighter ship than Tomlin, despite Oakland's.. (offbeat?) image.