2011 CWS

PING!

The Tourney has begun!

Moderators: Left Seater, Mr T

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

2011 CWS

Post by SoCalTrjn »

The Pac 10 sent 6 teams in to the regionals, only 2 were allowed to host regionals. Of those 6, 5 advanced to the super regionals (sweet 16) UCLAbia of course (one of the hosts) did not reach the Supers.
None of the Pac 10 schools will be favored to win their Super Regional though so there may not be a Pac school in Omaha this year.

Ex USC head coach (my old coach) Mike Gillespie lead UCI to the win in UCLAbias regional, UCLAbia is coached by former USC pitching coach under Gillespie, John Savage.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: 2011 CWS

Post by Dinsdale »

The manager of Georgia is a douche.

After OS sent them packing, he's said "OS has no chance against Vandy."

I half-expected him to start chanting SEC!SEC!SEC! afterwards.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

D2...yes Division 2...Dallas Baptist made it to the super's and play the fighting wind chimes.

Only 4 Pac-10 schools have made it to the super's. Arizona and Texas A&M are playing right now in the last regional game
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Mr T wrote: Arizona and Texas A&M are playing right now in the last regional game
And what a kick ass game it was. A&M scores 3 runs in the bottom of the 8th and holds off Arizona in the 9th leaving 2 on base for a 3-0 shutout. Seeya in Tallahassee.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

stand corrected just 4 of the Pacs 6 teams in the regionals advanced to Super regionals
SEC Ballsucking Homer
Meatgrinders 'R Us

Post by SEC Ballsucking Homer »

SoCalTrjn wrote:stand corrected just 4 of the Pacs 6 teams in the regionals advanced to Super regionals
God Damn, I knew this day would come.

Looks like I need to pass my Conference Ballsucking Homer Crown on to someone else.
There is no other conference.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Nothing hurts my eyes more than Tejas and their all-white getups, from cleats to helmets. And that stupid artificial turf field.

Christ, you're the nation's wealthiest athletic department. Spend a little on a natural grass field. Asshats.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Great game for A&M last night to make it into the CWS. Too bad our best pitcher got hurt right before the season ended. 1.68 ERA in 91 innings...pretty good in the college game.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

I love the fact that teams "dog pile" for just making it to Omaha. :meds:
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I agree. About as stupid as cutting down the nets just because you make the final 4.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

IndyFrisco wrote:Great game for A&M last night to make it into the CWS. Too bad our best pitcher got hurt right before the season ended. 1.68 ERA in 91 innings...pretty good in the college game.
Wish the noles would have saved a few runs for the last game.

I guess I will bandwagon on Vandy
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Mr T wrote:Wish the noles would have saved a few runs for the last game.
A&M fans felt going into game 2 we'd need at least 15 runs to win. That would not have been enough. We have nothing for starting pitching after Strip and Wacha. Losing our #1 starter is going to cost us in the CWS. We just have NOTHING after the next two. Last few times A&M has made it to the CWS, we went 0-2 and BBQ. Word is Wacha is being saved for the second game "to get extra rest". Not sure why he needs that after having 5 days off. I think Childress is just hoping Stripling has a magical game #1 against South Carolina.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

No pun intended.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

So much for the Big 12
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

txangler74 wrote:So much for the Big 12
We'll call it a parting gift for the Nebraska fans in Omaha cheering against us. We kick their ass on their way out but give them an 0-2 BBQ in the CWS that they couldn't make it to. :hfal:
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

NCAA needs to figure out a way to level the playing field in College Baseball with the scholarship limits.
Tuition fees at Florida and South Carolina have 5,000 and 9,000 dollars, respectively, when a program has to give everyone half scholarships because there is a 30 man roster and only 11 scholarships available that gives schools with those lower tuition fees too much of an advantage over schools with normal tuition fees. Fullerton and Fresno became powerhouses because the tuition fees at those schools are 4,000 a year, Cal Berkeley in 11,000 a year, UCLA is 11,000, UC Irvine is 12,000... The perennial powers of College Baseball in the state have been Stanford and USC and both of them are now hampered by 39,000 and 41,000 dollars a year in tuition fees, even a half scholarship is going to cost mom and dad 10 grand where at Florida it costs them 2,500.
The NCAA needs to put a uniform value on the remainder of the "half" a scholarship so that all schools will be able to make the same offer. An example would be that if a player is given half a scholarship, no matter what school he goes to, the balance of that players tuition fee should be 1,500 dollars... either that or just allow baseball programs to give 35 scholarships
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Sudden Sam wrote:The SEC World Series is getting ridiculous.
CWS titles
All of the SEC schools combined (including this year) 9

University of Southern California by its self 12
Pacific 10 conference combined 25

There has been a massive switch in power towards the sec in baseball as of late, much of it has to do with the relative inexpensiveness of the schools and much of it with the priority their schools put on baseball, the Pac was just 6 schools until the mid 80s and Oregon just started a program a few years ago after Oregon State won back to back titles. Also the NCAA has played a very large role in the shift when you look at the placement of the regionals and super regionals in the last few years, in baseball and softball alike.
My oldest son has already started receiving letters from colleges for baseball, as a freshman he can't receive scholarship offers but based on his play on Varsity baseball this season as well as in the 2 showcase tournament teams he has played on this summer. It was amazing that he has gotten letters from 5 of the SEC schools and only 1 of the schools in the Pac, it shows that the level of recruiting done by the SEC schools blows away what is being done in the Pac. Also the stadiums the SEC schools have for baseball blow away the stadiums and facilities that the Pac schools have.
My neighbors grand daughter just finished playing softball at Florida this year, he said that Florida offered his grand daughter so much more than the Pac schools did and when you look at the rosters for the softball and baseball teams for the SEC schools they're littered with kids from California. The SEC still has some work to do to wrestle the balance of power away from the Pac in softball but at this point theyre blowing the Pac away in baseball.