Play Ball

PING!

The Tourney has begun!

Moderators: Left Seater, Mr T

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Re: Play Ball

Post by indyfrisco »

A&M to go wire to wire. #1 right now (depending on the rag you read).

IN!
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

JSC,

There's at least 4 college baseball polls I put stock in. That's why I said "depending on which rag you read". That's the beauty of college baseball. Doesn't fucking matter what the polls say. Gets to be settled on the field. If A&M is #1 in one poll and #5 in the others at regular season end, let's just say I'm pretty excited about our chances for a run in the CWS.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Jsc810 wrote:Just checked the schedule to see if LSU and A&M play this season, nope. So we'll have to meet in Omaha. :wink:
After we beat your ass in basketball this year, you cancelled the midweek series in baseball ;)

As much as I despise LSU and their fans, I actually have a small liking for them. My brother's best friend and teamate in high school played for LSU when they won the CWS. Name was Justin Bowles. Before I knew how shitty LSUFan was, I pulled for them that year. Never again.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Just goes to show how much of a meatgrinder the Big XII is.

Seriously though...if we beat Nebraska tonight in Lincoln, we have a damn good shot at making it into the big dance. Right now, A&M is 5-7 in conference. We have wins over Texas, Baylor, and LSU. Should we beat Nebraska on the road, and that would be a decent win, we then have a couple creampuffs in Iowa St. and Colorado before a final game showdown with Missouri in College Station where we play damn good. If we win against Mizzou, we're in. If not, it may take 1 win in the conference tourney. If that were the case, we'd be 23-9 with a 8-8 conference record in a tough Big XII South division with Texas, OU, Baylor and A&M all playing well this year.

So, right now we're on the outside looking in. Winning out is easier said than done, but I think it is very possible.

But hey, there's another forum for these discussion. I know you only look at the standings column and claim bode, but some of us watch the games and know who is better. A&M is better than LSU this year. We just have a tougher schedule, and will have to pay for it possibly. There's a reason LSU is 23-4 and only ranked 18th. The SEC fucking sucks at hoops. Your best team in the conference is ranked 18th. Nuff said.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

and 50% of the time a team from California, Arizona or Oregon wins the CWS
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Something must be wrong cause Cal and USC aren't listed.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Nepotism and being cheapskates

USC gave a failing minor league coach the reigns to the program when they let his father in law go so that that would not have to pay the father in laws severance package. Kreuter is a bafoon who has no business running the #1 program in College Baseball history