Womens CWS

PING!

The Tourney has begun!

Moderators: Left Seater, Mr T

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Womens CWS

Post by War Wagon »

Not that any of you give a fuck about softball, but I do, so bear with me.

Check out that Northwestern team if you get a chance. They've got a freshman pitcher from Jefferson City, Missouri name of Lauren Delany who went to Helias, a catholic HS.

This bitch is just wicked. My daughters tournament team faced her several times a couple of years ago and simply got shut down by her overpowering 70 mph heaters.

Then last year in my daughters senior season, Oak Park (her HS) made it to the class 4 Missouri State Championships final 4 and faced Helias in the semi-finals. Lauren pitched a two hitter, striking out 15, leading Helias to a 2-0 win. My daughter got those two hits.

So anyways, we're hoping to see Lauren pitch for Northwestern in the World Series. They played today and won 2-0, but she's not their #1 yet, and didn't play. Maybe she'll get the start the next game.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Re: Womens CWS

Post by Mr T »

War Wagon wrote:Not that any of you give a fuck about softball, but I do, so bear with me.
No I wont. I have to bear with it enough with it being on ESPN and ESPN2 all the god damn time.

Yeah, there is a few hotties but I cant watch five minutes of it though because of all the stupid chearleader chanting from the dugout.

BTW, What is the deal with the girls running towards the pitcher to hit the ball? I mean they run atleast a foot or two out of the batters box everytime.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mr T wrote: BTW, What is the deal with the girls running towards the pitcher to hit the ball? I mean they run atleast a foot or two out of the batters box everytime.
Slap hitters, typically leadoff type batters just trying to get on base by putting the ball in play. Usually lefties and fast as hell down the line with the running start. Quite effective at times, but not pretty when it doesn't work.

Against the likes of some of the pitchers who've reached this level, perhaps their only way to get on base. And no, they don't run out of the box when they make contact, else they'd be called out. They start at the back of the box and run towards the front.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I happened to be channel-surfing over the weekend, and stopped for a few minutes on the ladies’ softball tournament. There was a player for Tennessee, I think her name was India Chiles. Apparently she tore her labrum back in April, then about two weeks ago blew out her ACL. She was batting leadoff, got on base, stole second and scored. I didn’t watch the rest of the game, though.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

I turned on the TV yesterday after some yard work and see Alabama is playing Jacksonville St on espn. The score is like 8-0 with a inning or two to go. Well this one dyke from bama crushes one for a HR, then precedes to show up the picture by dancing around and pointing on the first base line and is followed by the whole dugout to come out and they dance on home plate and yell at JackSt for a bit. Then back in the dugout the dykes are still screaming at the pitcher and opposing team.

Up 9-0 in a game and trash talking like a mother fucker. In the real sport of baseball the next two batters would be struck by a pitch followed by a bench clearing brawl, which would make schimk proud.

You would figure since women will never make money in softball that they would at least have sportsmanship and class, but I guess not.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mace wrote:WW: I assume you've had a chance to see Missouri this spring and watch Chelsea Thomas pitch.
I sure did Mace and I just watched those Tiger girls bitchslap UCLA with a 5 inning 9-1 spread. Freaking giddy over here. The 8th run in the spread came on a walk-off no doubt HR from Gina Schneider, a girl from Liberty HS who was my daughters heated conference rival.

Unreal that 50-10 Mizzou goes to the WCWS as the only unseeded team from the super-regionals. I'll bet UCLA, who had a #2 seed, thinks it's fucked up that Mizzou wasn't seeded.

As for Chelsea Thomas, we're damn glad to have stolen her from Iowa. The girl can just dominate a game and being only a freshman, I'm looking forward to watching her for the next 3 years.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mr T wrote:precedes to show up the picture
You really are an idiot.

I just want to make sure that you know that I know that.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

War Wagon wrote:
Mr T wrote:precedes to show up the picture
You really are an idiot.

I just want to make sure that you know that I know that.
Good post
Mr T wrote:I turned on the TV yesterday after some yard work and see Alabama is playing Jacksonville St on espn. The score is like 8-0 with a inning or two to go. Well this one dyke from bama crushes one for a HR, then precedes to show up the picture by dancing around and pointing on the first base line and is followed by the whole dugout to come out and they dance on home plate and yell at JackSt for a bit. Then back in the dugout the dykes are still screaming at the pitcher and opposing team.
Wow, you got me. Score one for you... :meds:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mr T wrote: You would figure since women will never make money in softball that they would at least have sportsmanship and class, but I guess not.
I haven't seen a lack of sportsmanship and class in all the games I've watched.

But I will say this: Because of the fact they'll never play beyond the collegiate level and they damn sure know that, they're trying to wring every last thing they can from it, while they can. I've coached and watched both boys and girls and imo girls are waaay more competitive than boys. They play like there's no tomorrow because in a sense, there isn't.

As for your crack about softball not being a "real" sport... that just shows your ignorance. Fast pitch softball takes every bit of skill and athleticism to play, and play well, as baseball. Sure, women don't compare to men in strength and speed, but there's no questioning the heart, desire, and effort these girls put forth. All for the love of the game.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Unless you have a kid in the game, it is unwatchable. Don't lie and say you kept up with womens softball before your daughter starting playing.
Sure, women don't compare to men in strength and speed, but there's no questioning the heart, desire, and effort these girls put forth. All for the love of the game.
You could also say the same thing about the Special Olympics.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mr T wrote:Unless you have a kid in the game, it is unwatchable. Don't lie and say you kept up with womens softball before your daughter starting playing.
Of course not. I was as ignorant then as you are now. :P

But seriously, if it involves Mizzou athletics, I'd watch the water polo team, if they had a water polo team and they didn't suck.

I draw the line at wrestling, though. That I can't watch, even though they actually do have a pretty good team.

For anybody who does enjoy wrestling or any "sport" I can't stand, far be it from me to pass judgement on the merits of said sport.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Thanks.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

IndyFrisco wrote:Thanks.
Good catch.

I wonder if he ducks out in the 5th inning when his daughter's team is getting rocked.

"Sorry honey, momma and daddy are leaving. Catch a ride from one of your loser friends and next time try not to suck"
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Mr T wrote:Good catch.
Well, I wouldn't say that. However, MiseryFan is well known to puff the chest when the times are good and hide behind the rock when they are bad. Nice to get a quote from Whitey confirming that.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

:meds:
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Yep.

Great season, though. Nobody expected them to beat UCLA or win 50 games. Unfortunately, it looks as if they were just happy to be there and quit playing the kinda' ball that got them there in the first place.

Hopefully, they'll be back soon.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Is it just me or is all of Floridas roster from California? I can see a cold weather climate having to import all of their players but why is almost all of Floridas starters from California
Last edited by SoCalTrjn on Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Tennessee also has a few from so. Cal, as does Michigan.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

duh... Cali is a factory that produces way more players than that states schools can absorb.

Either that, or they just want to get the hell out of there and experience something "real" for a change.

Hell, even my daughters NAIA team includes a couple of talented players from Cali.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

22 of 28 softball titles won by teams from the Pac 8 and 2 of the 6 not won by the Pac 8 were won by schools in California.

there are a lot of smaller schools in California that are still division 1 and can use the softball players, the 8 players and coach for Florida should have all stayed closer to home, odds are they would have won a title.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Like I meant to say, maybe they're just trying to get away from the likes of YOU.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

War Wagon wrote: Hopefully, they'll be back soon.
Oh yeah, like back to back years.

Rack the Mizzou girls for bitchslapping Oregon 7-2 in the super regional today and returning to the CWS. This, after losing their stud pitcher with a stress fracture in her pitching arm back in March.

They would've had to face #1 seed Alabama in their first game in OKC except a funny thing happened today. Alabama got beat on their homefield by 16th seeded Hawaii with a 2-run walkoff HR.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Any sport that makes soccer look high scoring sucks ass. Fuck the bull-dyke chicks who wish they had dicks.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

SoCalTrjn wrote:Is it just me or is all of Floridas roster from California? I can see a cold weather climate having to import all of their players but why is almost all of Floridas starters from California
Do you really need this explained to you?

Cali is the Meatgrinder of Homosexuals. Of course they are going to pump out a shitload of softball players.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

IndyFrisco wrote:Fuck the bull-dyke chicks who wish they had dicks.
And RACK the ones that do.

Sincerely,

Screw_Michigan
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

IndyFrisco wrote:Any sport that makes soccer look high scoring sucks ass.
UCLA 16
Arizona 6

Yep, real soccer game they had.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

War Wagon wrote:
Mace wrote:WW: I assume you've had a chance to see Missouri this spring and watch Chelsea Thomas pitch.
I sure did Mace and I just watched those Tiger girls bitchslap UCLA with a 5 inning 9-1 spread. Freaking giddy over here. The 8th run in the spread came on a walk-off no doubt HR from Gina Schneider, a girl from Liberty HS who was my daughters heated conference rival.

Unreal that 50-10 Mizzou goes to the WCWS as the only unseeded team from the super-regionals. I'll bet UCLA, who had a #2 seed, thinks it's fucked up that Mizzou wasn't seeded.

As for Chelsea Thomas, we're damn glad to have stolen her from Iowa. The girl can just dominate a game and being only a freshman, I'm looking forward to watching her for the next 3 years.
The PAC 10 hasn't seen the likes of a Chelsea Thomas, nor do they want to, ever again.

Weird how Mace posts just seem to disappear over time... unless parts of them were captured in a quote. I wonder what's up with that. Not the first time I've noticed it.

Whatever. The Mizzou girls are the shizznit.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:Weird how Mace posts just seem to disappear over time... unless parts of them were captured in a quote. I wonder what's up with that. Not the first time I've noticed it.
I believe that Mace was collateral damage in the Katy-Otis fiasco. A few different posters had their accounts vaporized. I think that Screwball was another.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

That is right, Gobbles. Mvscal was another.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The D3 and NAIA trophies now reside in Oregon.

And I still don't give a shit.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

You gave a shit enough to post in this thread.

The NAIA is a class organization, btw, and has been around way longer than the NCAA.

Whatever U&L team won an NAIA championship in any sport, props to them.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re:

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:Apparently she tore her labia back in April.....
most common injury in girl's softball.

4 years old, but, it needed a FTFY anyhoo.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

won again by another Pac team. Even with rosters filled with Southern California girls, the SEC teams cant beat the So Cal girls who choose to stay closer to home
USC is on the verge of building a softball stadium and starting a program. They will immediately be better than all of the SEC schools since all the girls will want to stay close to home and go to USC