It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Wyoming Republicans take a stand…

Post by Mikey »

Wyoming Republicans take a stand, want to ban electric cars

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2023/01/wy ... tric-cars/

The politics of resentment come through loud and clear from the bill's primary sponsor, State Senator Jim Anderson. Anderson told the Cowboy State Daily that if successful, Wyoming's legislature would inform the rest of the world that "if you don’t like our petroleum cars, well, we don’t like your electric cars."

Indeed, the Cowboy State Daily quotes State Senator Brian Boner, another politician behind the bill, as saying some might describe the bill as "tongue-in-cheek, but obviously it’s a very serious issue that deserves some public discussion."/
Brian Boner?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I used to have a boss named Richard Hopper, and he actually went with “Dick.”
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Wyoming Republicans take a stand…

Post by Screw_Michigan »

GQPers--Not very bright.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

I'd be curious how well ev's would work in a place like that in winter. I can't imagine that the batteries do all that well when the temps are well below 0º.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

JPGettysburg wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:36 pm
Screw_Michigan wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:21 pm GQPers--Not very bright.
GOP?

Democrat congressman Hank Johnson publicly told his fellow congressmen that he feared an island would capsize like a boat. And he was dead serious. You can't make this stuff up folks.
You've got democrats in our government who have retard level IQ's.
Yes what about Hank Johnson. You are a Buffon.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Yeah well he is not a car in Montana.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

So not on topic at all and clearly Whataboutism.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

GPGettingpwned seems to think that deflection is a legitimate form of argument. It’s all he ever has.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Diego in Seattle wrote:I'd be curious how well ev's would work in a place like that in winter. I can't imagine that the batteries do all that well when the temps are well below 0º.
If you live in a climate where sub zero temperatures are normal, you probably have a block heater. I’m sure similar tech exists for batteries. Even in WNY batteries not in use get put on low amp battery tenders. This isn’t hard.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:21 pmNot very bright.

Needless to say, you don't have a car or a washer or a dryer or a mortgage or a wife or a clue or anyone who honestly gives even the tiniest bit of fuck about you. You are a complete zero. You already own nothing and like it because you are too fucking hapless and stupid to know any better.

So tell me what in the absolute fuck could a fucking loser like you tell anybody about electric roller skates in Wyoming? By all means, break it down.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You live in Omaha Mr. GetALife.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:30 pm I'd be curious how well ev's would work in a place like that in winter. I can't imagine that the batteries do all that well when the temps are well below 0º.
Long drives and freezing temps don't suit EVs at all.

Don't particularly like hot either.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Kierland wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:24 am You live in Omaha Mr. GetALife.
Speaking of deflections.....
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You have no idea what Whataboutism is do you?

But make sure to suck pedokkkal’s dick.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

mvscal wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:32 am

Needless to say, you don't have a car or a washer or a dryer or a mortgage or a wife or a clue or anyone who honestly gives even the tiniest bit of fuck about you. You are a complete zero. You already own nothing and like it because you are too fucking hapless and stupid to know any better.

So tell me what in the absolute fuck could a fucking loser like you tell anybody about electric roller skates in Wyoming? By all means, break it down.
What's your honeydo list looking like for this weekend? I'm looking forward to my weekend of doing whatever the fuck I want. Remember that when your fat heffer of a wife wants a little attention.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

JPGettysburg wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:25 pm
Kierland wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:14 pm You have no idea what Whataboutism is do you?

But make sure to suck pedokkkal’s dick.
Yes, every time you bring up president trump over something that others are guilty of?
That's Whataboutism, by your own warped way of thinking.
Fake news.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:22 pm

What's your honeydo list looking like for this weekend? I'm looking forward to my weekend of doing whatever the fuck I want. Remember that when your fat heffer of a wife wants a little attention.
Can you imagine the fucking twat that would put up with a ginger MAGA twat with a ponch and that weird thing with his eyes. I’ve been to Omaha. The “good looking” chicks are C-. The old hags are Fs. Excuse me while I go throw up.
Steve Jobs
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Steve Jobs »

Ref call needed.

Is that another whatabout? Or lettuce head.
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Post by Donnie Baker's Ghost »

Mikey wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:34 am Wyoming Republicans take a stand, want to ban electric cars
Or you could educate yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/x8ofqu0dVBc

It's a resolution, not a ban. You're kinda dumb.
Shut up, Randy!
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

He said “want to ban” so maybe you should educate yourself.
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Kierland wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:58 pm He said “want to ban” so maybe you should educate yourself.
He is not qualified to judge intent and neither are you. Facts matter. Try mixing some into your word salad.
Shut up, Randy!
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

I think a good compromise is that a woman who owns a gas powered vehicle is allowed to get an abortion.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

FiatLux wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:28 am I think a good compromise is that a woman who owns a gas powered vehicle is allowed to get an abortion.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:22 pm

STFU Peter Pan.

Yeah, kids are a PITA sometimes, as are OLs. But it is what holds a civilization together and without it, we're all gone in a few decades.

Enjoy your next decade or so of no one to be responsible for. At some point, Father Time is gonna bitchslap you like he does everyone. The difference between you are we domesticated slaves is you'll have no one to help you through it. Well, maybe you could buy you a philipina fukk toy or maybe Ukrainian one. Good luck with that.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Donnie Baker wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:33 am
Kierland wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:58 pm He said “want to ban” so maybe you should educate yourself.
He is not qualified to judge intent and neither are you. Facts matter. Try mixing some into your word salad.
You'd be OK with having to explain this to a ditch digger. You'd think an alleged attorney would have a better grasp on the topic.

As has been said, this is no "ban" regardless of the verbage of the resolution. It is simply a bunch of pols making fun of an actual ban passed by the idiot in Cali.

Were the horse and buggy banned in the early 20th century?

No.

A better option came along and everyone took it. When EVs or whatever becomes a better option, as it already is for many, people will flock to them. Markets are kinda cool like that. Any dictate from political overlords have a worse track record.
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

smackaholic wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:40 pm
Donnie Baker wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:33 am
You'd be OK with having to explain this to a ditch digger. You'd think an alleged attorney would have a better grasp on the topic.

As has been said, this is no "ban" regardless of the verbage of the resolution. It is simply a bunch of pols making fun of an actual ban passed by the idiot in Cali.

Were the horse and buggy banned in the early 20th century?

No.

A better option came along and everyone took it. When EVs or whatever becomes a better option, as it already is for many, people will flock to them. Markets are kinda cool like that. Any dictate from political overlords have a worse track record.
Full agreement. The Wyoming resolution looks petty and trite and deserves to be mocked but let's not lie to each other about it. It's a bunch of cowboys standing in a circle kicking horse turds and saying, "I'm with you, Clem. I don't cotton to no foreigners."
Shut up, Randy!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Pretty much.

It's a bunch of Wyoming roughneck shitkickers trolling Cali hippy-fascists.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Miguel,

How's your Hyundai EV working out for you?

Contrary to what you enviro-fascists may think, I am actually a big fan of EVs for short range transportation. I am a bigger fan of plug in hybrids as they can cover a far wider range of trans needs. I am also a big fan of my Jetta Sportwagen TDI. Just turned over 200K. Can turn in an effortless 700 mile day and still gets 45 mpg. Ginormous cargo capacity. Also, it actually feels like a well built, almost luxury Nazi built ride, which is something a Prius will never achieve. No knock on the Prius. It is a fantastic car.

Lil' Miss Smack in looking at the Hyundai Ioniq. Any thoughts on it? IMO, it gives a bit more band for the buck that the Toy Hybrids.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:53 pm Miguel,

How's your Hyundai EV working out for you?

Contrary to what you enviro-fascists may think, I am actually a big fan of EVs for short range transportation. I am a bigger fan of plug in hybrids as they can cover a far wider range of trans needs. I am also a big fan of my Jetta Sportwagen TDI. Just turned over 200K. Can turn in an effortless 700 mile day and still gets 45 mpg. Ginormous cargo capacity. Also, it actually feels like a well built, almost luxury Nazi built ride, which is something a Prius will never achieve. No knock on the Prius. It is a fantastic car.

Lil' Miss Smack in looking at the Hyundai Ioniq. Any thoughts on it? IMO, it gives a bit more band for the buck that the Toy Hybrids.
Still driving it. It's by far the funnest car to drive that I've ever owned. I looks like a boring little crossover hatchback but it blows most other vehicles away at stoplights and it's pretty nimble in traffic. I think I've been leaving some pissed of drivers. It's not a Tesla but the low end torque is very much in evidence. The thing that limits its acceleration most is the low resistance tires. My three year lease came up last May and I wanted to trade it in on one of the new Hyundai EVs, the Ioniq 5, but they were still in short supply back then and all the dealers were tacking on at least a $5000 "adjustment." Plus if you wanted to lease, Hyundai Finance would pocket the $7500 tax credit. When I leased mine in 2019 they took it off the MSRP. Now, Hyundais don't qualify for the tax credit because they aren't assembled in the US. So fuck that. I bought out the lease.

When I originally leased it I figured that in three years time there would be plenty of different EVs on the market, but they're all pretty slow to come out. I had my eye on a Rivian R1T or R1S, which are pretty amazing vehicles, but they're a couple of years behind in production and they've raised their prices. I will never buy (or lease) a Tesla, and I've said that almost from the start. I only had about 20,000 miles on the Kona EV when the lease came up, because of the lockdown, then commuting two or three days for a year or so, and now retired. I actually had about $7000 or $8000 equity on the 36,000 mile lease based on market value at the time, so I just bought it out for about $19K, and I'll hold onto it until something better comes along. Cheap as hell to drive. Periodic maintenance is rotate the tires every 5000 miles and change the cabin air filter every 10,000. I don't need to make any 700 mile trips in it, but it has a 300 mile range which is more than enough to get me to LA and back. Then I charge it overnight for almost nothing.

I drove an Ioniq hybrid for about a month a couple of years ago when the Kona was getting its battery replaced. It was OK, but definitely a step down from the Kona EV in terms of power, handling, ride and interior noise. I don't know much about the Toyota hybrids, but the Prius has always been butt ugly IMO.

88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

We thought there would be more EV selection by now too. We test drove an Audi Q4 eTron a couple of weeks ago, which was nice. But the dealer wanted waaaay over sticker, and we were not into that. We ended up getting another ICE car. We will get an EV at some point. They fit our lifestyle and location well.
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

What happens when an EV car gets flooded?

You get to buy another one.
Shut up, Randy!
Rootbeer

Post by Rootbeer »

As a Wyoming resident, I approve of all bills, laws, window stickers, bumper stickers, formal interviews, idle chat, and sternly worded resolutions that paint my state as a backwards, backwoods collection of idiotic ideals espoused by trigger-happy idiots. I highly encourage anyone listening to resolve at this moment to never, ever move to this state. It's best you stay where you are and apply your wealth of genius to your current community. Wyoming is just too dumb for you to worry about. Stay away for your own good. And for ours.

Thanks.
Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Agreed. Bump those bumpkins down to territory status and give them the representation they have earned. Zero. You are absolutely right, you couldn’t be more worthless.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Rootbeer wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:48 am As a Wyoming resident, I approve of all bills, laws, window stickers, bumper stickers, formal interviews, idle chat, and sternly worded resolutions that paint my state as a backwards, backwoods collection of idiotic ideals espoused by trigger-happy idiots. I highly encourage anyone listening to resolve at this moment to never, ever move to this state. It's best you stay where you are and apply your wealth of genius to your current community. Wyoming is just too dumb for you to worry about. Stay away for your own good. And for ours.

Thanks.
I would encourage all Wyoming residents to adopt your attitude, RB. You have a beautiful, magnificent state. Keep EVERYONE the hell out.

The week I spent there rejuvenated me. The beauty wiped away all the bullshit. Returning to my daily routine was difficult, but memories of Wyoming make it tolerable.
Rootbeer

Post by Rootbeer »

My state is stunning. The plains are just as incredible as the mountains. If you're a fan of geology I can point you to some stellar sites. There's a big meteor strike about an hour from me and I want to buy the hillside from the ranch so badly but they won't divide their property. It'll probably take a million to get the 20 acres around the crater. I don't have that kind of scratch...yet. I have a picture of the impact site somewhere in my phone.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Jackson and Teton are of course beautiful. Everything from Evanston thru Rock springs (where I went to a jail cell that held both Calamity Jane and Dick Cheney at different times) and into Laramie and Casper is a god forsaken hell hole and all of it is obviously a fucking ice box for 7-9 months a year. It’s a place to selectively visit and any tard running geography smack FROM that shit box is probably brain damaged.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

My wife lived in Cheyenne for a few years as a child when her father was in the Air Force. According to her first hand account it was flatter than shit, nine months of winter with howling winds and snow drifts up to the eaves, followed by three months of summer. Doesn’t sound like a great place for a little kid. Lucky for her she spent most of the rest of her childhood in Carlsbad (CA) and San Marcos (also CA).
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I drove across Wyoming, right into the teeth of the perpetual 40 mph westerly wind, in a 4 cylinder house. It was a blast. Did my best to try to draft semis, but semi drivers aren't fond of tailgaters. About all I could muster without a semi's help was about 50 mph.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Awwwwwwww...

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2022/07/ ... resources/

Damn, all that lithium mining is going to create an environmental disaster. Who saw that coming?

:meds:

The US’s transition to electric vehicles could require three times as much lithium as is currently produced for the entire global market, causing needless water shortages, Indigenous land grabs, and ecosystem destruction inside and outside its borders, new research finds.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... GTUS_email
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

“Could”
You could also maybe have a take once, neither is likely.
Rootbeer

Post by Rootbeer »

smackaholic wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:20 pm I drove across Wyoming, right into the teeth of the perpetual 40 mph westerly wind, in a 4 cylinder house. It was a blast. Did my best to try to draft semis, but semi drivers aren't fond of tailgaters. About all I could muster without a semi's help was about 50 mph.
I-80 is meant to be straight and fast. It was built to avoid natural barriers and if all you see of Wyoming is the interstate crossing the Continental Basin then you'll leave with mundane memories. Go 20 miles North or South of the interstate and you'll be amazed by the topography. To the North is the Oregon Buttes, Pumpkin Buttes and the Red Desert, one of the largest wildlife reserves in the country. To the South are mountains and high desert streams.

But what am I saying?? NO! Nevermind! Stay away! Stay in your cities where everything is awesome! This place is ugly and the people are as dumb as they are dangerous.