Not IN

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Not IN

Post by Softball Bat »

Of course McDonald's and Burger King have a presence here in S. Korea.

But 666 Burger is a relatively new chain.

:shock:
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Re: Not IN

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

To hell with the name, how's the burger? Or what. are you such a pussy you'd cower from the mention of a mere number? The tales of fishermen? The wash of Syria? :meds:
Before God was, I am
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Jsc810 wrote:666 is not the Number of the Beast, did you know?

Link
Might was to ask these guys.

Sent from my iPhone using a big network of tubes.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

BSmack wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:34 pm
Who is this?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Jsc810 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:22 pm 666 is not the Number of the Beast, did you know?

Link
I think we had a brief discussion about this previously.
I am not persuaded that 616 is the accurate number.

King Solomon lost hold of God's word and began to get himself tangled up with unbelievers of other nations -- and particularly with unbelieving women.
Israel rightfully began to fracture as he operated this way.

One such woman was Queen Sheba. See 1 Kings 10:1-14, and note especially verse 14.
She gave Solomon 666 talents of gold every year.
This number is not a coincidence, imo.

Solomon had forsaken God and was instead chasing after what the world could give him.

The antichrist will cause all people to take his mark (666), or else they will not be able to buy or sell.
Revelation 13:16-18

You must forsake God and bow down to the beast and his beast system
Sadly, this is how Solomon's heart began to be darkened -- forsaking God and instead finding what he wanted/needed from the world.

He took 666 talents of Gold every year from Queen Sheba.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Jsc wrote:On the one hand, we have your opinion, which is not even based upon the actual Scripture at issue.
If someone wants to say that John (author of Revelation) intended to write 616, that is also their opinion.

So we have this "fragment of the oldest surviving copy of the New Testament" showing the number to be 616.

Understand that this "oldest surviving copy" used some earlier copy to copy from.
There are older copies than this celebrated one that have simply never been recovered.

So, a fragment of "the oldest surviving copy" is a WOO-WOO point for people who don't really stop to think about this.

There can be a whole slew of reasons why a scribe, making a hand-written copy of Scripture, can make an error.
Or, a scribe can write something correctly, but maybe "sloppily," and then have it misinterpreted by the scribe who follows him.

The early church father, Irenaeus, who happened to be a disciple of John (who wrote Revelation), strongly affirmed that the number is 666.

Irenaeus affirmed that 666 is found in all the "most approved ancient copies of Revelation."

http://www.steppesoffaith.com/apologeti ... mber-beast
Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

Post by Donnie Baker's Ghost »

I get the feeling that 666 talents of gold was a metaphor like 40 days & 40 nights or 70 times 7.

The sheer logistics of delivering 666 talents of gold must be taken into consideration. That's 50,000 lbs of gold. If minted into 1oz coins, 800,000 of them. Every year.
Shut up, Randy!
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Jsc810 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:29 am
poptart wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:05 am There can be a whole slew of reasons why a scribe, making a hand-written copy of Scripture, can make an error.
Or, a scribe can write something correctly, but maybe "sloppily," and then have it misinterpreted by the scribe who follows him.

Now apply that logic to your favorite passages, and realize, well, draw your own conclusions.
I have drawn my own conclusions.

Errors made by scribes, the overwhelming majority of which are extremely minor, have in no way changed the fundamental messages of the gospel and the Bible.

"Go fetch the stick, spot," the boy happily exclaimed.

"Go fetch the stick, spot," the boy happily esclaimed.

It is the same.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Donnie Baker wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:50 am I get the feeling that 666 talents of gold was a metaphor like 40 days & 40 nights or 70 times 7.

The sheer logistics of delivering 666 talents of gold must be taken into consideration. That's 50,000 lbs of gold. If minted into 1oz coins, 800,000 of them. Every year.
As always, people can read it and draw their own conclusions as to how they want to take it.

Did Queen Sheba literally give King Solomon 666 talents of a gold a year, or does the number represent something, and is hence not a literal amount?

At any rate, I see the number as significant.
6 is the number of man.

Man was created on day 6.
666 is the number of a man (Revelation 13:18).
Man works 6 days, but day 7 belongs to the Lord.
And other things...
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:35 pm
Who is this?
The Steelers secondary.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Dr_Phibes wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:35 pm
Who is this?
The Steelers secondary.
I blame Canada. And the fact that they let Ben Roethlisberger stay a two years too long.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Has there ever been an NFL QB who left at the right time?

Brady had a chance to and blew it.

Seems like all the greats over the last 50 years or so, hung around at least a few years too long.

Occasionally, an RB knows when to tap. In fact, a few likely had a number of good years left, like Barry Sanders or Jim Brown. I suspect this is because their performance is based purely on physical talents, where as the QB position where mental abilities enter into the equation a bit more. So these smarty pants QBs figure they'll just ride that ability awhile.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

smackaholic wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:07 pm Has there ever been an NFL QB who left at the right time?

Seems like all the greats over the last 50 years or so, hung around at least a few years too long.

Occasionally, an RB knows when to tap. In fact, a few likely had a number of good years left, like Barry Sanders or Jim Brown. I suspect this is because their performance is based purely on physical talents, where as the QB position where mental abilities enter into the equation a bit more. So these smarty pants QBs figure they'll just ride that ability awhile.
The problem with QB's is that their ego is over-inflated from years of being told how great they are, and being the center of the offense. Then you have a bunch of yes-men surrounding them telling the QB how great they still are, hoping to ride that gravy train just a little farther. A QB with a healthy group of people surrounding them (friends, management, ect.) will get the honest input they need to make a wise decision of when to quit. And that's a rare thing.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Yup, Elway would be the rare exception.

The trouble is, how do you know?

Conventional wisdom said Brady going to TB was a bad idea.

Turned out to be a damn good idea....for a season.

The problem is great athletes have one common trait. They are all hyper-competitive and confident. This along with the yes men surrounding them blowing smoke up their ass leads to the inevitable.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Jsc810 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:41 pm
smackaholic wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:07 pm Has there ever been an NFL QB who left at the right time?

I think John knew his skills were already diminishing. They did not win that SB on his back alone. It was an overall solid team with a devastating defense. Watching the one man wrecking crew that was Steve Atwater was a joy. One of the greatest SB performances ever.

Could anyone play like that with today's pussified rules.

Elway decided rightfully so, that this was the time to GTFO. Rack him.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Most QBs hang on too long, but a couple at least mighta bailed too soon. Jake Plumber? Andrew Luck?
"I see everything twice!"
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Smackie Chan wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:36 pm Most QBs hang on too long, but a couple at least mighta bailed too soon. Jake Plumber? Andrew Luck?
Plummer

Luck was informed by medical professionals that he was pretty close to life altering health issues if he continued playing.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Smackie Chan wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:36 pm
Most QBs hang on too long, but a couple at least mighta bailed too soon. Jake Plumber? Andrew Luck?
I agree completely when it comes to good QBs. You have guys who are reasonably successful for a few years who also possess a modicum of good judgement and business sense. Such players are in a position financially after 5-6 seasons to decide that hanging around to get one's bell rung repeatedly and endure further physical carnage that will follow them to the grave, might be bad idea. They are happy up in the booth or maybe running a macro-swill distributor and playing golf for the rest of their days.

I am referring to the HOF caliber players, who through talent/good luck have impressive trophy with room for more, but decide the 2 or 3 Lombardis already there are enough.

So then, is there a QB equivalent to Sanders or Brown? Someone who clearly had a few good years left in the tank, who said fukk it, but will be/is in Canton regardless?

I can't think of one.

I think Elway comes close. He is the rare example of shutting it down at the right time.

One might argue for another dude who shut it down with a SB with the donks, Peyton. But IMO, he stayed too long. As with Elway, that game was delivered by another amazing defense. You could have put any decent QB in there.

This is not to take anything away from Peyton. He is still, IMO, the greatest QB of his era. And yes, Tom, I include you in that bunch with your ginormous trophy case filled to the brim with Lombardis. Peyton had better skills. Fukk, he was almost as good as his old man, who is the posterboy for amazing QBs who never had a supporting cast.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:47 pm Luck was informed by medical professionals that he was pretty close to life altering health issues if he continued playing.
Given the size, speed and strength of a DE in the NFL, I think this statement holds true to every QB in the league. Not saying he didn't have a particular condition that made this even moreso.

And none of the ridiculous pussy rules that have made the NFL nearly unwatchable changes this fact.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Luck was getting the shit beat out of him because the Colts never had a good OL and also because of his own style of play, and retired for his own health. Can't blame him at all for that.

When Joe Montana was traded from the Niners to the Chiefs after missing a couple of seasons due to injury, to make room for Steve Young he was still a great QB, though maybe no longer at the top of his game. His first year in KC (93) was also the year that Marcus Allen arrived. He was injured for part of the year but led them to the their first division title in 22 years and was selected to the Pro Bowl. He retired after the 94 season, once again leading the Chiefs to the playoffs.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I guess we can add Montana to the list of guys that hung it up at about the right time. Kinda funny how about half of the SB rings belong to 2 6th round scrubs!

Another guy that might make the club is Brett Fav-ruh. Late in his career he took the Vikings to the NFC Championship.

He was awfully beat up and a lesser man, if he had any sense, would have hung it up earlier. But he was one tough coon-ass sumbitch. Prolly the second toughest mofo to step on the field in my 50 year NFL memory.

Toughest mofo still goes to Walter Peyton.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Can’t argue about Peyton but I’ll put this guy right up there.

Not too many people probably remember this guy but also one tough mofo. He actually had a higher career YPC than Sweetness.

Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Mikey wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:56 pm
When Joe Montana was traded from the Niners to the Chiefs after missing a couple of seasons due to injury, to make room for Steve Young he was still a great QB, though maybe no longer at the top of his game. His first year in KC (93) was also the year that Marcus Allen arrived. He was injured for part of the year but led them to the their first division title in 22 years and was selected to the Pro Bowl. He retired after the 94 season, once again leading the Chiefs to the playoffs.
Steve DeBerg was doing that with the Chiefs before Montana got there, that was a very good team. Montana added nothing, his legacy with the Chiefs is - you can still see his face imprinted on the 50 yard line in Orchard Park.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Except that Deberg was injured a lot and was playing in Tampa in 1992, the year before Montana got to KC. Dave Krieg started all 16 games for KC in the 92 season. You need to have your memory banks checked.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Phibes wrote:Montana added nothing, his legacy with the Chiefs is - you can still see his face imprinted on the 50 yard line in Orchard Park.

Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

:lol: :lol:

You remember that? Brill. He actually did this after he got hit:

After he left the game, the Chiefs had some/ success moving the ball :?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:11 pm Can’t argue about Peyton but I’ll put this guy right up there.

Not too many people probably remember this guy but also one tough mofo. He actually had a higher career YPC than Sweetness.

I actually remember Marv, because he had a connection to my hometown. He played for the Hartford Knights for a short while early in his career before making it in the NFL.

It was before I followed football. I think I was 5 or 6. Just remember him being mentioned by the local sports guys on TV after he made it big.

And, yes, there were many tough mofos, but Walter gets my vote for toughest pound for pound. He was about 200 lbs soaking wet but would make tacklers pay with that lethal stiff arm.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Donnie Baker wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:50 am I get the feeling that 666 talents of gold was a metaphor like 40 days & 40 nights or 70 times 7.

Not even remotely possible. It's a made up number like eleventy billion.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

What? He was a superbowl champion two years ago and last year he threw for 5,300 yards and 43 touchdowns. What the fuck are you talking about?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

mvscal wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:38 am

Are you sure?

How were the pyramids built?
Could they be built now?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Softball Bat wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:48 am

Are you sure?

Could they be built now?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Ive seen both Pyramids.

The ones at Giza are far more impressive. Most impressive man made structure I have ever seen.
Roach
The Space Man

Post by Roach »

Shtf at Walmart, or just a bad omen

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Softball Bat wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:48 am

Are you sure?

Could they be built now?
Yes, quite. There is a finite amount of gold and the overwhelming majority of the gold which is in circulation has been mined in the last few hundred or even dozens of years.

The pyramids? Obviously they were built once before, right? So, yes. How were they built? Fuck if I know. It's OK to admit that some people are or were smarter than we are.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

That's right.

Humans are "devolving."