Nancy Pelosi--Leader of the free world

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Nancy Pelosi--Leader of the free world

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dump spent all his time kissing Xi's ass, trying to become an autocrat's best friend, and writing each other beautiful letters. Meanwhile Nancy Pelosi is spreading the word of freedom and is kicking China square in the balls by visiting Taiwan. I'm sure additional F-16 sales are coming with her.

Good job, Nancy! USA! USA!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... -military/
TAIPEI, Taiwan — The Chinese and Taiwanese militaries dispatched fighter jets, ordered military exercises and bolstered combat readiness as Taiwan prepared to host House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) for a visit that has triggered dire warnings from China’s leadership and sharply escalated tensions between Beijing and Washington.

Pelosi is expected to arrive in Taiwan on Tuesday night local time, according to a person familiar with arrangements for the visit. Taiwanese media outlets reported that Pelosi was expected to meet with President Tsai Ing-wen, lawmakers and human rights activists on Wednesday.

The impending visit has drawn outrage from China, which for years has sought to diplomatically isolate Taiwan and views such exchanges with high-level foreign dignitaries as support for the island’s formal independence. The Chinese Communist Party claims Taiwan, a self-governing democracy home to 23 million people, as its territory despite never having ruled it. Chinese leader Xi Jinping has pledged to “reunify” Taiwan with China by force if necessary.

White House warns China not to overreact to expected Pelosi visit to Taiwan

Taiwan’s official Central News Agency reported that the island’s military forces reinforced their preparations Tuesday morning and said they would remain at a “strengthened” state of readiness through midday Thursday.

Taiwan’s Defense Ministry said in a statement that the military is closely monitoring all airspace and naval activity to ensure the island’s security with “determination, capability and confidence.”

Chinese maritime authorities, meanwhile, announced additional military exercises in the South China Sea and live-fire drills in the Bohai Sea, near the Korean Peninsula, this week. Reuters, citing an unnamed source, reported that Chinese fighter jets on Tuesday flew close to the median line of the Taiwan Strait, the unofficial military boundary. Chinese carrier Xiamen Airlines, meanwhile, announced disruptions to at least 30 flights because of air traffic restrictions in Fujian, the Chinese province directly across the strait from Taiwan.

Hua Chunying, a spokeswoman for the Chinese Foreign Ministry, accused the United States on Tuesday of escalating tensions in the Taiwan Strait and warned of “disastrous consequences” if the United States mishandles the situation. “The United States should and must take full responsibility for this,” she said.

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said Tuesday at a meeting in Shanghai that U.S. politicians who are “playing with fire” on the issue of Taiwan will “come to no good end,” according to a transcript released by the Foreign Ministry.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Arthur Dent
Elwood

Re: Nancy Pelosi--Leader of the free world

Post by Arthur Dent »

Must be some profit angle for her husband...
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

^^^^^

Ya Think ??
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Talk about projection.
You think maybe the Pelosi family is trying to build hotels in Taiwan?

:meds: :meds:
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Mikey wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:28 pm Talk about projection.
You think maybe the Pelosi family is trying to build hotels in Taiwan?

:meds: :meds:
Or perhaps she went there to give information to a Taiwanese crown prince so that he can murder a journalist & pay her $2 billion....
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Do as I say, not as I do. Carry on minions, while I scope out new refrigerators to hold my stock pile of $12/pint ice cream.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

When did she ever say “don’t go” to Taiwan?
Arthur Dent
Elwood

Post by Arthur Dent »

“An invasion is a risky gamble for the Communists. The inherent advantages of Taiwan’s geography… mean that if the Taiwanese willed it, they could make their island an impenetrable fortress. But there is the catch. The Taiwanese must will it.”

Tanner Greer arrived in Taiwan in 2019 believing the island democracy had every chance of resisting a Chinese invasion. Instead, he found a country — superb night-time food markets aside — in a state of disarray. “Leaders,” he wrote, “are afraid to ask their people to make meaningful sacrifices to preserve their freedoms.” Rather than force the Taiwanese to confront hard choices, they chew over flimflam issues analogous to our own culture war debates in the West.

Taiwan ought to be a forest of missiles, a dock for thousands of drones, and populated by conscripts ready to take an irregular war against the PRC to the island’s jungles and paddies. But the will simply isn’t there. Deep down, Taiwan expects America’s Pacific fleet to save them in a real crisis.

Greer doesn’t believe American forces should die protecting a country “that is not serious about protecting itself”. Nancy Pelosi appears to be on a mission to take that choice away from her country.
Will Lloyd

So it appears, at least to Tanner Greer, that Taiwan expects us to take care of them in toto. Is it worth it? The potential is there for a US-China limited war, but there is easily the likelihood that a conflict spins out of control and envelops the world. I'm learning Mandarin.