62%

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

62%

Post by Softball Bat »

There is an epidemic of walking zombies here.
Bodies walking on the sidewalks with eyes down and fingers diddling upon their life-consuming -----> cellphone.

It seems to be their source of life.
They must never disengage from it.

It has been this way, of course, but it is only escalating.
Sometimes an oblivious zombie will approach me as I'm walking and act as if it is I who am obliged to alter my stride and direction to accommodate for his inability to properly function in society.

These zombies are everywhere, always.
So today I decided I would do a real evaluation.

There is a market I walk to a few times a week -- five or six blocks from here.
I determined that I would notice each person I see on my way, and make note of whether or not they were diddling on their phone as they moved along.

13 out of 21 (about 62%) were diddling on their phone as they walked out in public.
And this is about the percentage I expected.
This is about the norm, by my daily observation.

The people who are not diddling on the phone as they walk are generally older men.
And to a lesser degree, older women.

I would say that between the ages of 12 to 40, 80% (or more) are walking and diddling.
And parents see fit to give elementary school kids cellphones -- you know, as young as 6 or 7 I see them.
Clown world.

I met a young Russian woman (who does modeling work :wink: ) in a coffee shop a few months back.
It was basically a Bible study encounter, and at one point I had to flip through my Bible for like, 20 seconds, to find a particular verse.
After about 10 seconds she picked up her cellphone and began scrolling.
lol

Gotta have the constant stimulation of what that metallic device feeds you.
ADHD

And couples out at a restaurant, sitting across from each other -----> both diddling on their phone.
Families sitting at a table, each with the metallic device, diddling away.
No live interaction.
The phone is their life source.
People are a mere aggravation.

It really is a sad commentary on where we currently are as humans.

At any rate, tldr, but...

The sheep are behaving well, and they are well primed for the next phase of their enslavement.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: 62%

Post by Mikey »

We should take their phones away and give them guns.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I walk 2 to 3 miles almost every day, but only in my neighborhood where there aren’t very many walkers, and the ones you see are all doing it for exercise. And you pretty much have to pay attention because it’s two lane windy (not windy) roads with no real sidewalks. So, no diddlers.

I do notice a lot of people diddling while driving, though, which is supposed to be illegal. They’re easy to spot, especially from behind. Can’t keep a straight line and not driving the speed of the traffic. I’m always tempted to drive up next to them and either honk my horn or roll down my window and cuss them out, but I’d prolly cause an accident. This is seriously dangerous behavior but there’s no police enforcement of traffic laws anymore. I think they’re all afraid of getting shot in the face.

Me…I’m a safe driver. Hands-free texting all the way.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

When we go out to eat most of the time is spent on our phones because I see my kid 24/7 and there is only so much we can say to each other. We interact with people and nature plenty so restaurants are usually our quite time. That’s what you get from judging a book by its cover.

That being said, yes too much phone time is a problem that most of us willingly walked into.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Papa Willie wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:25 pm
Mikey wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:58 pm I walk 2 to 3 miles almost every day, but only in my neighborhood where there aren’t very many walkers, and the ones you see are all doing it for exercise. And you pretty much have to pay attention because it’s two lane windy (not windy) roads with no real sidewalks. So, no diddlers.

I do notice a lot of people diddling while driving, though, which is supposed to be illegal. They’re easy to spot, especially from behind. Can’t keep a straight line and not driving the speed of the traffic. I’m always tempted to drive up next to them and either honk my horn or roll down my window and cuss them out, but I’d prolly cause an accident. This is seriously dangerous behavior but there’s no police enforcement of traffic laws anymore. I think they’re all afraid of getting shot in the face.

Me…I’m a safe driver. Hands-free texting all the way.
Surely it is illegal for people to text and drive in California? It is here. I don’t like 2 trillion laws, but THAT should be against the law. It’s worse than driving under the influence of a gallon of liquor.

I did it once maybe 15 years ago (still legal then). Next thing I know - I was just about to go in the other lane. Scared the fuck out of me, and I never did it again…😳
You are the kind of fatstupid fuck who crashes while changing the radio station. You’re the literal reason we can’t have nice thing.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

I had a flip phone up until about 8 months ago.
No problem.

But then I "had" to upgrade to a smartphone.
There are chat rooms that it is necessary for me to engage in, and the flip phone would no longer cut it.

Otherwise I would not use a smartphone, and I really seldom do use mine, other than for the chat rooms that I "must" use.

My primary objection is that I do not like the lifestyle at all.
I do not need to be ----> ON CALL <----- every waking hour.

I don't ever really need to communicate with someone RIGHT NOW, and I grew up in a different world.
Back in the day I could be gone for 11 hours and nobody would be able to communicate with me.
It was just fine.

Now, there are some clear advantages to having a smartphone to use.
You can do so many things with it.

But the great irony is that while the tool is sold as a way to make things more convenient and easy for us, the real truth is that people are more stressed out than ever, imo.
People are constantly thinking that they need to engage with the phone, for one reason or another.
The phone dominates their life.

And btw, I am not sure it sure really be called a PHONE, because using it to actually talk with people is more of a secondary thing.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Also, btw, among my phone contacts, I can easily tell who the zombies are.

If I text them and they respond in 2 minutes, I know they are one of the walking dead.

If someone texts me I purposely do not respond for 3 hours. :)

Unless it is my wife.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Communication Device?

Really, what does “phone” mean anyway? Half the people under 40 probably don’t even know that it’s short for…err something but I can’t remember what. :? And if they did know they wouldn’t be able to tell you what the Greek roots mean.

So by now “phone” means whatever it’s used for.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Softball Bat wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:30 pm There is an epidemic of walking zombies here.
Bodies walking on the sidewalks with eyes down and fingers diddling upon their life-consuming -----> cellphone.

This guy got a Michelob Ultra deal for not being on his phone.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

MLB zombie needs to have his phone out on the field.

LOL @ 3rd base coach.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sign of the times

Lloyd McClendon would never put up with that crap
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Deion Sanders is my new favorite coach.

What are you checkin' the phone for right now?

What is that important in your life?

:lol:

#zombies