Cats are burning down Seoul

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Cats are burning down Seoul

Post by Screw_Michigan »

For real. But I don't understand how turning on electric stoves makes buildings burn down.

http://m.koreaherald.com/amp/view.php?ud=20211230000501
Cats responsible for 107 house fires in Seoul in past 3 yrs

In a total of 107 house fires that occurred in Seoul between January 2019
and November this year, the culprit is believed to be cats, the city’s fire department said Thursday.

According to the Seoul Metropolitan Fire & Disaster Headquarters, cats are believed to have started the blaze by turning on the electric stove in the kitchen with their paws. Nearly half of the cases, or 52, occurred while the owners were out.

Electric induction cookers often come with touch-sensitive buttons, which can be switched on by the paw of an animal.

“Cat-started fires are continuing to be reported these days. We advise pet owners to pay extra attention to fire risks,” Chung Gyo-chul, an official at the agency said.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Derron57
Elwood

Re: Cats are burning down Seoul

Post by Derron57 »

poptart and his homeboy countrymen best get to eating more of them cats unless they want them to burn all the cities down.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

This is bullshit. Induction stove tops won’t heat anything up unless it’s in a steel or cast iron pan. That’s how induction works. It has to be a magnetic metal.

:meds:

Maybe there’s some kind of Korean “induction cooker” that’s different but I sort of doubt it.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Or maybe the cats are wearing steel toed boots?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

You could be right.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Mikey wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:06 pm This is bullshit. Induction stove tops won’t heat anything up unless it’s in a steel or cast iron pan. That’s how induction works. It has to be a magnetic metal.

:meds:

Maybe there’s some kind of Korean “induction cooker” that’s different but I sort of doubt it.
I have an electric stove top and it requires no contact from anything for it to heat up.
A theoretical cat at my home could step on the *ON* spot and it would be -----> go time!

I have no cat.

Maybe I will get one and tempt fate.

On a morning from a Bogart movie
In a country where they turn back time...
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is