Re: CNN suspends Frido indefinitely

Post by Softball Bat »

Frido

88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

If you’re trying to make a Godfather reference, you’re failing miserably.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Certainly took them long enough. But props for removing that PR wing of the former governor.

The fact CNN let him interview his brother said a ton.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: CNN suspends Fredo indefinitely

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The world to CNN

kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Try as he did to be part of the hyper-woke crowd, he was a hetero white male which put him on very thin ice. Having a big brother political star was the only reason he had that gig. Once Andy went down, he was done and he knows it.

Good riddance Fredo.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:03 am If you’re trying to make a Godfather reference, you’re failing miserably.
Is this the first time you've heard him called Fredo?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:58 pm
Mikey wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:03 am If you’re trying to make a Godfather reference, you’re failing miserably.
Is this the first time you've heard him called Fredo?
The original post was Frido. ‘Spray changed it after my intelligent and pithy response.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Don't pith me off...

:brad:
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Seltzer

Derron57
Elwood

Post by Derron57 »

smackaholic wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:57 pm Try as he did to be part of the hyper-woke crowd, he was a hetero white male which put him on very thin ice.
Are you alluding that the hyper woke males are less than manly ?? Rack that take.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Derron57 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:51 pm
smackaholic wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:57 pm Try as he did to be part of the hyper-woke crowd, he was a hetero white male which put him on very thin ice.
Are you alluding that the hyper woke males are less than manly ?? Rack that take.
And then there's what conservatives consider manly....

“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Fredo fired

Can someone explain the Fredo joke to me anyway?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/20 ... rew-cuomo/
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

"Fredo" is like the N word, according to C. Cuomo.

He pretty well lost his shit.

:)
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:05 pm Fredo fired

Can someone explain the Fredo joke to me anyway?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/20 ... rew-cuomo/
Did you not watch The Godfather?

Fredo was the weak, fukk up brother. The runt of the litter.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Most over rated POS booooring movie ever.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:14 pm Did you not watch The Godfather?

Fredo was the weak, fukk up brother. The runt of the litter.
Nope, never saw it. Thanks, Suckaholic.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Read somewhere that Fredo was making $5 million per year in his gig at CNN. Think of how many real jizzmoppers you could pay with $5 mil per year, instead Zucker chose to give it to some silver spooned pile of human excrement.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

I'm seeing Jim Acosta getting a lot of support to replace CC.

Calling Cucker Farlson "Bullshit Factory Employee of the Year" gets my vote.
9/27/22
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:45 pm I'm seeing Jim Acosta getting a lot of support to replace CC.
Jim Acosta is awesome. Would be a great move.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Jeezus Krist, one of the best dramatic films of all time. Somebody in here has been referring to Boston College as Fredo for two decades and Screwy doesn’t even know what that means.

No wonder this place sucks huge (headless) horse cack.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

L45B wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:22 pm Jeezus Krist, one of the best dramatic films of all time. Somebody in here has been referring to Boston College as Fredo for two decades and Screwy doesn’t even know what that means.

Goodfellas was my Godfather. Now go get your shinebox.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

L45B wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:22 pm Jeezus Krist, one of the best dramatic films of all time. Somebody in here has been referring to Boston College as Fredo for two decades and Screwy doesn’t even know what that means.

This is the kind of twat that is the problem here. It’s not even one of the best mob movies. There were ten better mob movies in any given year in the forties.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Not at all surprising you miss depth and the big picture. The Godfather is considered one of the best overall films of all time. The Godfather II is arguably the best sequel of all time.

These are not mob movies. Good Fellas is a mob movie. They’re character films that happen to have a mob plotline. Big difference. Depth in plot and character arcs is not for everyone.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

It’s predictable as hell (the douche brother was a douche? How shocking) it’s slow, has horrible fight scenes and mediocre acting (Brando mumbling is not acting). It’s the kind of film idiots like. It’s also the kind of movie people talk about depth and what not because they can’t say anything tangible about it. It not scary or funny or exiting or novel in any way. It’s not even as good as the book which wasn’t a page turner.
The only thing close to true you said was that it isn’t a mob movie cause no mobster is that unrealistic.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

The brilliance of the GF films (1&2) is the depth of character development in relation to the screen time of the multiple characters. The legend of Luca Brasi (sleeps with the fishes) is one of many examples, given he is only in a few scenes. But an iconic character. And one whose back story is portrayed from another’s recollection, not an unnecessary side scene of fighting and pointless action.

Again, I wouldn’t expect film depth or character development to be appreciated or understood by the village/board lemming who consistently litters the same three responses every single day of every single week of every single year.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

So in order to prove this stinking fish head of a movie has depth of character to pick a guy with literally no character. He is a one dimensional thug who can only utter the equivalent of boss good. Mongo had more depth of character.

As for the same people getting the same three words, you mean like midget midget midget for two decades? Or I bet you only mean my response to such tired repetition or maybe you like racist, Naztis and insurrectionists.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

You miss again. Yeah sure, the head of a crime family’s numero uno hitman might just be an uninteresting psychopath as an individual bit character (naturally there’s more gruesome background in the book). But it is how the film demonstrates the relationship between Brasi and the main characters that adds depth to the film. An example is his unbreakable loyalty to the Don but yet loner / awkward / loose cannon mentality with everyone else in the network, and only through subtle scenes and backstory given by the Don’s rebellious but cerebral son.

This is what you call storytelling without a lot of special effects and extra scenes. It gives credence to what type of way Brando’s character treats his underlings for them to take a bullet for him, and naturally what type of scum he has working for him in the first place. This is accomplished with limited action, but just good screenplay,
dialogue, acting and methodical pacing.

And not long after that, the film breaks down specifically how his enemies must deal with Brasi to achieve their own goals (again with the use of minimal scenes) and how they telegraph the Don’s next logical moves in his own attempts to weed out their motives. Chess not checkers, plot-wise.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You are exactly right that the plot is playing chess when so many movies are playing checkers. Problem is that there are tons of movies playing 3D chess and this isn’t one of them. Everything you said is expected in a mob movie, even in 1972. There is no suspense, we all know what will happen even on the first viewing. The only way to watch this story is to watch Godfather Saga and at 7+ hours that stretches the idea of what a “movie” is. Is “Godfather Saga” a good saga? Yes but then so are “Rich man Poor man” and “Roots” both of which would probably suck as movies, just like Godfather does.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Kierland wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:27 pm tons of movies playing 3D chess
Please expound
Derron57
Elwood

Post by Derron57 »

Softball Bat wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:00 am "Fredo" is like the N word, according to C. Cuomo.
I thought that was "guinea wop".
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Papa Willie wrote:
Kierland wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:43 pm Most over rated POS booooring movie ever.
As bad as it pains me, and for the 30-45 minutes I watched it - I’m gonna have to agree with the midget. Knowing it was about a 90 hour movie, the first half hour I watched made me feel like I was wasting my life. Perhaps I’ll give it another time, but what I saw sucked.
You can’t watch 30 minutes of The Godfather and critique it.

Yeah, it is about a week long, but it’s a masterpiece.

And GF2 is arguably better. One of the rare examples of a sequel living up to the original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

L45B wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:34 pm
Please expound
Take Casablanca, who is Rick? What is he all about? Is he the guy who gives some chick money so she doesn’t have to sleep with Renault or the guy who has no fucks to give? Same question for Ilsa, is she the girl from Paris or the girl in present day Casablanca? There are intriguing plot twists and actual depth to these characters because we don’t know who they actually are. Add in some comedy and a few morals to learn and you have the making of a great movie. Crisp dialogue, great performances and even some good music and you have a 3D chess playing movie. Godfather is slow and just plain boring by comparison. Again, Godfather is a saga, slow and packed with details that take a long time to flesh out. It was never intended to be a 3 hour tour and even FFC admits this. G1 sucks because it doesn’t have the closure of G2. It goes nowhere and does very little getting to the middle of a story.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Papa Willie wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:31 pm https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5844 ... uct-report

How about that? The liberal hero got caught doing another no-no. :lol: :lol: :lol:
CNN holds its anchors accountable...unlike the GOP networks.
9/27/22
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Federal Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil found:

This "general tenor" of the show should then inform a viewer that he is not "stating actual facts" about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in "exaggeration" and "non-literal commentary." . . . Fox persuasively argues . . . that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer "arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism" about the statements he makes.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Papa Willie wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:05 am
Diego in Seattle wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:14 am
Papa Willie wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:31 pm https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5844 ... uct-report

How about that? The liberal hero got caught doing another no-no. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Right. Liberals just move them from one network to another - like Brian Williams. Your stupid fucking selective memory failed you on that, didn't it?
Nothing like an imbecile continuing to shout "whataboutism!" while....*checks notes*....engaging in "whataboutism."
9/27/22
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

When comparing two things it is customary to look at one and then say what about the other.

Sin,
MA
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Kierland wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:33 pm
L45B wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:34 pm
Please expound
Take Casablanca, who is Rick? What is he all about? Is he the guy who gives some chick money so she doesn’t have to sleep with Renault or the guy who has no fucks to give? Same question for Ilsa, is she the girl from Paris or the girl in present day Casablanca? There are intriguing plot twists and actual depth to these characters because we don’t know who they actually are. Add in some comedy and a few morals to learn and you have the making of a great movie. Crisp dialogue, great performances and even some good music and you have a 3D chess playing movie. Godfather is slow and just plain boring by comparison. Again, Godfather is a saga, slow and packed with details that take a long time to flesh out. It was never intended to be a 3 hour tour and even FFC admits this. G1 sucks because it doesn’t have the closure of G2. It goes nowhere and does very little getting to the middle of a story.
I mean, Casablanca is a classic, fantastic film. Cannot really deny that. So is The Godfather. Two totally different films.

The main character arc is that of Michael Corleone’s, and it makes the full 180° by the end of the G1. G2 confirms his intellectual and strategic genius (against a most formidable mastermind opponent in Lee Strasberg’s Hyman Roth) but also his downfall as a family man in comparison to the younger version of his father (DeNiro).

G1 is slow and boring. Yeah sure. So is Lawrence of Arabia. Gone With the Wind. Ben-Hur. 2001: Space Odyssey. Some of the greatest films of all-time require some level of patience to fully enjoy the story to unfold. Suspense, foreshadowing, symbolism done right don’t fit in a teaspoon.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Papa Willie wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:04 am

Hey Pedo - why is Don Lemon still working at CNN?
Why is Unindicted Individual #3 still working at Fox?

Why is Cucker Farlson still working at Fox?

Why is Laura Ingraham still working at Fox?
9/27/22
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Riiiight. Keep lying to yourself.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

It’s not a lie you fatt fuck. There is proof all over this thread.