Riley leaving Okie for USC

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Riley leaving Okie for USC

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:16 pm Didn’t see that coming. Too scairt of the SEC?
ChOklahoma and Tejas are gonna regret going to the $EC for a few bucks. They're already losing out in competitions for coaching talent. Where would you rather live? Baton Rouge or Norman or Los Angeles? Where would you rather coach? The premier program on the west coast where your path to conference titles and CFPs is easier or the Meatgrinder (TM) where you're gonna get the shit kicked out of you by Alabama and Georgia and the rest of these academically deficient but football talented schools?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Smart move on his part. He now has a path to the CFP every year. At ‘the’ west coast blue blood program with the CA recruiting hotbeds and $$$ to be successful.

Oklahoma and Texas are struggling this year in the XII, both programs risk becoming another Tennessee when they move to the SEC. Orgeron out two years after an historic season. Riley knows this.

Add on top of that the typical LA (bandwagon) fanbase who has other gigs in town, he can afford to fuck up a little longer than if he were to stay in Norman or go to Baton Rouge or Gainesville or the like.

P.S. Will QB Caleb Williams follow him to SC?

P.P.S. Will Oklahoma hire another Stoops (Mark) or try to get Heupel?
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:03 pm Thing is - USC has gone through more coaches than about anybody else since PC left. Even with OU going to the SEC, I’d say it’s still less of a pressure cooker than USC. Could be he’s just gonna try to ride it to the NFL…
LSU fired its national title winning coach 1.5 years later. Clay Helton, who is about 10% the coach as Lincoln Riley, was allowed to stick around for six years.

I rest my case.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Jsc810 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:41 pm
Where would you rather live? Baton Rouge or Norman or Los Angeles?
Where would you rather coach?
Very different questions.
Not right now. The market has spoken.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

schmick wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:12 pm Personally, I think USC should hire another coach from Oklahoma

Patti Gasso has won 25% of the National Championships the last 2 decades all at Oklahoma
She, as well as all of her staff are from Southern California
The majority of her great players are from Southern California

The greatest fastpitch players in the country come from California, most of them from Southern California.
UCLA is the only Power 5 program in Southern California, that's why they have so many more national championships than anywhere else.

USC has the most National Championships in Men's sports but UCLA has the most overall National Championships because of all of the titles the lady Bruins have won.

It's time for USC to start a fastpitch program, hire Patti Gasso and have her bring her staff home with her and keep the Southern California girls home. USC could start from scratch with Gasso and have a national title in 5 years. I dont believe Riley will win a National Title at USC in 5 years
USC doesn't have softball? Why has the baseball program become so terrible?
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Jsc810 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:41 pm
Where would you rather live? Baton Rouge or Norman or Los Angeles?
Where would you rather coach?
Very different questions.
This. Everyone has a number where they will live in even the shithole that is LA.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

And now Kelly to LSU (maybe a new thread needed).

I think this is a stupid move.

Paging C. Urban Meyer to South Bend. If not him, Luke Fickell could end up there.

Which could make things very interesting on September 3rd, 2022.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

L45B wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:54 am And now Kelly to LSU (maybe a new thread needed).

I think this is a stupid move.

Paging C. Urban Meyer to South Bend. If not him, Luke Fickell could end up there.

Which could make things very interesting on September 3rd, 2022.
What's your post mortem on OSU face planting in Ann Arbor on Saturday? Was stunned with how flat OSU looked.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

I wasn’t at all. OSU is soft this year. Played their best game at home vs MSU the week before (a team that can’t defend the pass).

I was not expecting that to continue up in AA but thought OSU could win a close one. The weather didn’t help but UM was much more physical (both lines dominated) and the same issues that OSU had against Oregon were apparent— can’t score in the red zone on O and can’t stop the run on D.

Ryan Day had a nice run in the B1G but will need to revamp the defense to be a contender again.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

L45B wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:35 am I wasn’t at all. OSU is soft this year. Played their best game at home vs MSU the week before (a team that can’t defend the pass).

I was not expecting that to continue up in AA but thought OSU could win a close one. The weather didn’t help but UM was much more physical (both lines dominated) and the same issues that OSU had against Oregon were apparent— can’t score in the red zone on O and can’t stop the run on D.

Ryan Day had a nice run in the B1G but will need to revamp the defense to be a contender again.
MSU's defensive secondary blew and they didn't pressure Stroud at all. On the other hand, UM pressured Stroud all day. UM simply seemed want it much, much more that OSU, who seemed to forget that it was playing its arch rival at noon and was up late banging skanks all night the night before.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Pretty much. Knew going in that UM’s two DEs were going to cause problems. Day should’ve had some draws or misdirection running plays on the script to keep them off balance but his running plays were predictable and not effective.

He also should have run Miyan Williams four times in a row inside the 10-yard line to establish some power but he kept calling those soft pass plays and it backfired.

OSU needed some clutch 4th downs, a miraculous TD catch by Garrett Wilson and the game’s lone turnover (an INT) just to stay within 15 points. That should tell you something.

OSU’s players jawing in the 4th quarter when the game was decided should say something too— they didn’t respect UM coming in. That falls on coaching. Team not prepared for the biggest game of the season. Elimination game. Now eliminated.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:06 am Amazing how much better we all get along when we don’t talk politics…
Feel free to start a sprots thread at any time. Politics are politics, but sports are sprots.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

schmick wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:32 pm
LA does have shit hole areas, any city that size will, but Riley is probably going to be given north of 8 million a year so he won't be near any of those shit holes
Are they giving him a helicopter to get to and from the non-shitty area to his office on campus? Prolly won't want his family driving thru Watts or South Central either to come visit him.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:55 pm
schmick wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:32 pm
LA does have shit hole areas, any city that size will, but Riley is probably going to be given north of 8 million a year so he won't be near any of those shit holes
Are they giving him a helicopter to get to and from the non-shitty area to his office on campus? Prolly won't want his family driving thru Watts or South Central either to come visit him.
They won't drive. They'll have a driver.

Lefty is checking all the LA hating boxes: It's in South Central! Traffic sucks, et al...
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Oh, I haven't even gotten close to all of the boxes yet. Taxes, cost of living, weather pussies, etc, etc, etc are all still out there.

But traffic and safety are a couple of the important ones.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

My bad. For some reason I thought it was right there.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Yeah, being at SC means an easy road to the playoffs, but everyone knows that The Meatgrinder is the big leagues. If he is wildly successful, maybe the fickle left coast "fan" eventually starts paying attention, but what are the chances that happens.

Going to the Pac says, I'd rather be the big fish in the little pond.

But the weather is nice and I suppose that SC money will spend nice enough. But, damn he'll need a lot of it to have a decent place to live.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Terrible hire. Expect him to be fired in about three years.

The “I” and “my” comments to the crowd says everything about him.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Cal's bitch.

Welcome to the PAC... punk
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:20 pm But the weather is nice and I suppose that SC money will spend nice enough. But, damn he'll need a lot of it to have a decent place to live.
:meds:
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Former USC commit from Utah QB Devin Brown recently committed to Ohio State. Then shortly after the star prize in last years class QB Quinn Ewers (from TX) entered the transfer portal, likely to stay close to home.

Coaching carousel and transfer portal run on the same gears.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

I think the playoff this year is more wide open than it looks on paper. Sure Bama is the favorite but no team has been consistent all season. Hell, Bama was lucky to scabdick a W in Auburn. And now they’re #1 looking like worldbeaters again a week later.

I’m convinced Nov20th Ohio State could beat any of these teams. The problem is there’s also a Nov27th Ohio State out there. Probably similar thing could be said for Bama, UGA and UM. Don’t sleep on Cincy either.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Why does Cincy make it in this year when UCF was undefeated for a handful of years in the AAC and the CFP fuddy duddies basically laughed at them? I'm glad that a non power five school is finally getting some CFP respect. Just wondering.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Since the loss to MSU, UM has played really good ball, even the win in Happy Valley was solid.

Not sure they can score on Georgia’s D the way that Bama did, which was mostly thru the air. UM uses more of a balanced attack and Georgia’s d-line will be the best they’ve faced. On the other side of the ball, I do think UM’s DEs will be a problem for UGA’s offense.

Should be a good game. I can’t openly root for UM here.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Cincy made it because the stars aligned. They beat a 1-loss Notre Dame on the road, went undefeated, and three of the other Power 5 conference champs had 2 or more losses.

Otherwise the SEC would have gotten three teams in this year I imagine.