The Biden Economy

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

The Biden Economy

Post by Screw_Michigan »

But Fox News and Dumpsters want you to believe the economy sucks. "BUT GAS IS TOO EXPENSIVE!" "I CAN'T FIND A PS5!" "MEAT IS $1 MORE PER POUND!"

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/econom ... 9-rcna6594
Latest weekly jobless claims fall to 199,000, lowest level since 1969

Weekly applications for unemployment benefit have been falling in recent weeks as employers hold on to their workforce amid a tight labor market.

Initial weekly jobless claims dropped to 199,000 last week, hitting the lowest level since 1969 and roundly beating economists' expectations of 260,000.

Weekly applications for unemployment benefit have been falling in recent weeks as employers hold on to their workforce amid a tight labor market.

The latest weekly data was released one day early, due to the Thanksgiving holiday on Thursday.

“Getting new claims below the 200,000 level for the first time since the pandemic began is truly significant, portraying further improvement," said Mark Hamrick, senior economic analyst at Bankrate. “The strains associated with higher prices, shortages of supplies and available job candidates are weighed against low levels of layoffs, wage gains and a falling unemployment rate. Growth will likely be above par for the foreseeable future.”

Companies across almost all sectors are struggling to find workers, holding on tight to the ones that they have, and raising wages to attract more hires.

While the economy is still short around 4 million jobs, compared to pre-pandemic levels, 531,000 jobs were added in October, according to the latest monthly employment report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The unemployment rate fell to 4.6 percent, down from 4.8 percent.

If initial weekly claims remain below pre-pandemic levels, the improved labor market could exert pressure on the Federal Reserve to accelerate its tapering schedule, which Fed Chair Jerome Powell announced earlier this month would total $15 billion a month. A faster pace of tapering could advance the schedule for rate hikes and lead the central bank to consider raising its benchmark interest rates sooner.

Since June 2020, the central bank has been purchasing $120 billion in bonds — $80 billion in Treasuries and $40 billion in mortgage-backed securities — every month to add liquidity and keep the financial system working efficiently. Powell announced at the time that the central bank is “prepared to adjust the pace of purchases if warranted by changes in the economic outlook.”
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Re: The Biden Economy

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Haven't Republicans been telling the working poor that if they don't like their job they should just leave?

Yet here we are with conservatives bleating about people not wanting to go back to those shitty jobs....
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Papa Willie wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:31 pm
Diego in Seattle wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:48 pm Haven't Republicans been telling the working poor that if they don't like their job they should just leave?

Yet here we are with conservatives bleating about people not wanting to go back to those shitty jobs....
Something tells me you’re saying that from the comfort of your Section 8 duplex.
There's no Section 8 residents where I live.

Was the "something" telling you that the same "something" that told your fellow GQP members that JFK Jr. would be returning to the location of his father's murder to become Trump's running mate in 2024?
9/27/22
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Papa Willie wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:31 pm
Diego in Seattle wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:48 pm Haven't Republicans been telling the working poor that if they don't like their job they should just leave?

Something tells me you’re saying that from the comfort of your Section 8 duplex.
What a fattt stupid yelllow fuck. Have you ever been right about anything?
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I guess inflation is the only relevant indicator of how the economy is doing. What the fuck ever. It’s what FAUX news and the GQP would have you believe. So it must be.

If shit is too expensive for you then try either buying less shit or find a better job.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:36 pm So you're saying inflation is good?
Where, exactly, did I say that?
WTF where did you learn to read anyway? Georgia?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:36 pm
Mikey wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:34 pm I guess inflation is the only relevant indicator of how the economy is doing. What the fuck ever. It’s what FAUX news and the GQP would have you believe. So it must be.

If shit is too expensive for you then try either buying less shit or find a better job.
Those are unbiased statistics. So you're saying inflation is good? Even under Nixon?
As I said there’s more to the economic situation than inflation. But I guess you believe that a record stock market, job creation and rising wages are all bad things.

In this season of thanksgiving, let us be grateful that some measure of calm and sanity has returned to the White House. The United States, at least for now, has a stable, functioning government. The president is not making everything about himself, nor creating chaos for its own sake.

The stock market is higher than it ever was under President Donald Trump; the S&P 500 has hit more than 50 record highs so far in 2021.

Fully 5.6 million new jobs have been created in Biden’s first nine months, a record pace for a new president, and unemployment is down to 4.6 percent from an estimated 10 percent.

Wages for American workers have increased this year at the fastest rate in more than two decades. Economic growth for 2021 is on course to hit a healthy 5 percent.
Life is returning to normal after the pandemic, as the country finally overcomes a delay worsened by right-wing resistance to vaccination and prevention.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... nksgiving/
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

So, OK, let’s go that route. Do you think inflation wouldn’t have happened anyway? Or is that purely Biden’s fault?

Strange how the rest of the world is also seeing increased inflation, but not the job creation or wage increases that the US is seeing. Oh wait I forgot. All the good stuff is just holdover from your hero (don’t deny it your Trump dick sucking is as obvious as your waistline) but it would have been even better without the Biden inflation.

Give me a fucking break.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Biden was handed an amazing economy. He has managed not to fuck it up too bad.

His out of control spending and handing out money with no strings and or no follow thru on the stated requirements has led to record inflation.

So props to him for not totally FUBARing the economy as of yet.
Last edited by Left Seater on Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Amazing. You mean the 8% unemployment? The only thing that is amazing is that planes actually fly with your fattt ass in them.

Don’t look now but Darwin is in your rear view.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:17 am His out of control spending and handing out money with no strings and or no follow thru on the stated requirements has led to record inflation.
You mean like the $2k that Dump gave out with no strings or no follow thru on the stated requirements?
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Nice whataboutism.

I didn’t get any money? Did you?

Then Biden doubled or tripled down on a bad idea.

But yeah Biden and you liberals claim to want the rich to pay their fair share. Meanwhile you have added back $80k in SALT deductions for the rich back to the next spending bill.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Left Seater wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:42 pm Nice whataboutism.

I didn’t get any money? Did you?

Then Biden doubled or tripled down on a bad idea.

But yeah Biden and you liberals claim to want the rich to pay their fair share. Meanwhile you have added back $80k in SALT deductions for the rich back to the next spending bill.
The people that want to do that are not liberals you actual piece of human garbage. Fuck of you fattt greedyy insurrectionist.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

The Biden Economy

Post by smackaholic »

Everyone, Republican and Democrat, did dumb shit last year, so yeah, Trump gets his share of the blame.

I was just barely poor enough to get the Coronabucks. It was a horrible idea. My wife and I were fully employed throughout the year and shouldn’t have gotten a dime.

This shotgun approach to the pandemic was moronic. Unfortunately with the apocalyptic news we were force fed all year, it was the route we took, rather a targeted approach that should have been followed on both the economic and lockdown sides.

It’s too bad Trump left that doddering old fool Fauci in charge of things. He should have been sacked long ago.

Actually, he should have retired like a normal well off person would, sometime during the Bush Administration, but DC parasites like feeding at the trough.

As for what would be different today under a Trump admin, of course there’s be some inflation, even at the pump, to compensate for the yuuuuuge deflation that resulted from the large drop in demand caused by our ridiculous lockdowns. But domestic production would be higher which would have taken the edge off of the inevitable inflation.

As for Biden touting economic “growth”, that is equally ridiculous. All of ‘21’s numbers were going to be skewed. Calling it the best growth since the Reagan years, while technically true are laughable. The numbers should have been way higher than Reagan’s because they are compared to a year where there was artificial shutdown.

Any of this years numbers should be compared to ‘19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Folks, the economy is toast.

It is all smoke and mirrors and whenever they let the fake stock market crash, pain (and death) will be felt on an epic scale.

Shit, they piled over 6 trillion dollars of new debt since Covid hit.

29 friggin' trillion in debt?

LMAO!

None of you will admit that "your" team is responsible.

We know the drill.

The bickering about that is insane.

This situation has built up through both D and R administrations going back decades.

A total collapse of the economy is unavoidable and it merely a matter of -----> when.

So yeah, blame the other guys if it gets you through the night.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

You're right. There is blame enough to go around. Of the 535 members of congress, Rand Paul and maybe 4-5 others would actually do something about it. The trouble is, the economy is kind of like a strung out junkie right now. So long as the free money from straight up counterfeiting and artificially low rates keeps going, it'll be happy.

The trouble is, that can't go on forever.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:10 pm You're right. There is blame enough to go around. Of the 535 members of congress, Rand Paul and maybe 4-5 others would actually do something about it. The trouble is, the economy is kind of like a strung out junkie right now. So long as the free money from straight up counterfeiting and artificially low rates keeps going, it'll be happy.

The trouble is, that can't go on forever.
You and poptart have been saying this for years, almost as long as we've been posting on this board. Fools betting on you two would have gone broke by now.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

I have been saying we have a spending problem for years. It is both R and D.

We need a 25% spending cut across the board. Nothing gets spared.

D’s will agree with this on some items like defense and R’s will agree on some like social spending. But then they won’t agree on the opposite items. Both had a huge spending problem and only want to cut from specific items.

Because of that we need to cut 25% immediately from across the board.

Once that is done we can discuss eliminating some cabinet level departments completely.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Everyone could stand a 25% cut. Many need to be shut down completely.

Just dust off the constitution and read the 10th amendment.

The worthy programs could be transitioned to state governments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You people are idiots. The wealthiest 1% of Americans controlled about $41.52 trillion. So 3,000,000 people could pay of the debt and have 5mil a piece left over. Pitchforks are the only thing needed to fix the problem.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The Biden economy.

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

The dumb is strong in you.

Of course retail numbers are going to be up when compared to 2020. Lockdowns, travel restrictions, bans on gatherings indoors, etc, should have told you that. Then add to that all the free money the Biden Administration handed out this year.

Oh and now you are good with Fox as a reliable source. So hypocritical.
Derron57
Elwood

Post by Derron57 »

Mikey wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:34 pm I guess inflation is the only relevant indicator of how the economy is doing. What the fuck ever. It’s what FAUX news and the GQP would have you believe. So it must be.

If shit food and other necessities is too expensive for you then try either buying less shit food and other necessities or find a better job.
FTFY.
Derron57
Elwood

Post by Derron57 »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:34 am The Biden economy.

Knock the 20% plus inflation off those numbers and your senile heros numbers suck.
Derron57
Elwood

Post by Derron57 »

Mikey wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:46 pm
But I guess you believe that a record stock market,
:lol: :lol: :lol: The most overvalued stock market in over 70 years ? The one that will soon implode leaving nothing but a bunch of 1% rich mother fuckers and ruining the retirements of millions ?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Derron57 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:06 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: The most overvalued stock market in over 70 years ? The one that will soon implode leaving nothing but a bunch of 1% rich mother fuckers and ruining the retirements of millions ?
This was literally your Fascist Death Cult leader's entire re-election platform. Now the stock market is overvalued? I laff.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:04 am Weird. You were saying the very same thing about the stock market when Trump was in office.
Link?
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Mikey wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:34 pm If shit is too expensive for you then try either buying less shit or find a better job.
Tell that to the Gender Pay Gap.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

L45B wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:50 am
Mikey wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:34 pm If shit is too expensive for you then try either buying less shit or find a better job.
Tell that to the Gender Pay Gap.
Is that, like, a rock band or what?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Another argument against a minimum wage.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Left Seater wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:17 pm
Another argument against a minimum wage.
Further evidence that you're a feudalist.
9/27/22
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Wrong, as per usual.

If we want to get into the facts, that would more closely fit your view of the US. You want to vastly expand the government and its reach into citizens lives. The government would be the medieval ruler, the nobility would be those working for the government and the vassals would be the rest of the citizens working for the government.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Papa Willie wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:48 am https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/03/jobs-re ... -2021.html

Not very good, Screwy.
9/27/22
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Papa Willie wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:18 pm
Diego in Seattle wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:41 am
Papa Willie wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:48 am https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/03/jobs-re ... -2021.html

Not very good, Screwy.
You can’t even speak without using a whatabout, can you?

Why not address what the liberal media is saying right now, Fuckedupness?
Why not address the conservative hypocrisy?
9/27/22
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Left Seater wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:49 pm Wrong, as per usual.

If we want to get into the facts, that would more closely fit your view of the US. You want to vastly expand the government and its reach into citizens lives. The government would be the medieval ruler, the nobility would be those working for the government and the vassals would be the rest of the citizens working for the government.
Your view of the world is to vote for an insurrectionist just to get a tax cut.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

By right now you mean the 1-6 hearings?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Papa Willie wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:07 am
Diego in Seattle wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:36 pm
Papa Willie wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:18 pm

You can’t even speak without using a whatabout, can you?

Why not address what the liberal media is saying right now, Fuckedupness?
Why not address the conservative hypocrisy?
Why not address what is going on right NOW, cockhead? Trump is no longer of any relevance - except human piles of shit like you.
I am...in the very same manner that you addressed the right NOW problems 1-20-17 to 1-20-21.
9/27/22