Pussies win again.

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Re: Pussies win again.

Post by Softball Bat »

I think he has six years left on a 10 million a year contract.

lol

Can anyone imagine how much shit-talk has gone on in pro football facilities through the many decades -- and how much inflammatory and politically incorrect language regularly flies around?

Seems the issue here is Gruden typed some of it out and hit -----> SEND.

First they came for the Gruden emails...
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Jon obviously felt very comfortable that in the circle he was running with (Bruce Allen, etc.), such comments as the ones he sent out via email were just fine.
And, well, they were just fine for ten years.

Ten years later -----> the internet has kicked Jon Gruden's ass.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Skewering somebody on 10 year old emails is ridiculous, especially if they were personal (which they weren't - they were business related).

That being said, Gruden is a douchebag and deserves to be gone from public. He certainly won't be hurting financially, so fuck him.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Ten years ago everyone with half a brain knew that everything on the interwebs lasts forever. Double so for public figures.

What a dumbfuck...
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

I couldn't care less about Gruden. That said Mikey's point is a valid one in today's cancel culture.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Every email you send is supposed to be typed out with a mind-set that it might one day become public?

This is what we want?

Those skewering Gruden over this might pause and consider whether they would want some of their correspondences dredged up and inspected in the public arena.

Gruden is racist, misogynistic, and homophobic, and yet we have no proof that he actually took any actions to halt women, blacks, or gays from doing something.

He committed thought crimes.

This is not to place a value on what he said in his emails, but to question the process here.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

It was Gruden's job to act in a way that represented the NFL in the way it wants to be represented. Calling Rodger Goodell a faggot is going to get you run every time. He probably could have survived all the other shit that he said with an apology and an appearance on Oprah. But you can't call the goddamn commissioner of the NFL a faggot and get away with it.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

He didn't put that take up in a public forum.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I wonder if Goddell was the one who narced out Gruden to NYT. That would be hilarious. Even funnier is how this all comes from the sexual harassment "investigation" of Washington. No one from WFT was really held accountable for all that, only the Duhs' head coach, and the Shield never created a written report. Lol, can't make it up. Are you not entertained?

What Gruden called DeMaurice Smith is one of the most offensively racist things anyone can call a black man. Gruden was an overprivileged, entitled asswipe who clearly thought he was above reproach. Plus he's an overrated coach.

Fuck Chucky
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Softball Bat wrote:He didn't put that take up in a public forum.
It doesn't matter. You can't say shit like that about the commissioner of the fucking National Football League when you are a person who makes your living from the fucking National Football League.

You say it's private so it should be off limits? Well obviously Bruce Allen was a dipshit and left the emails on his work server. That means it's not fucking private. Gruden may be rich, but he's still got to answer to his boss.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I wonder if Goddell was the one who narced out Gruden to NYT. That would be hilarious. Even funnier is how this all comes from the sexual harassment "investigation" of Washington. No one from WFT was really held accountable for all that, only the Duhs' head coach, and the Shield never created a written report. Lol, can't make it up. Are you not entertained?

What Gruden called DeMaurice Smith is one of the most offensively racist things anyone can call a black man. Gruden was an overprivileged, entitled asswipe who clearly thought he was above reproach. Plus he's an overrated coach.

Fuck Chucky
I kind of wonder if Son of Al came to his senses about that contract he gave Chucky and offered him a buyout deal to get him to get out.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

BSmack wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:49 am
poptart wrote:He didn't put that take up in a public forum.
It doesn't matter. You can't say shit like that about the commissioner of the fucking National Football League when you are a person who makes your living from the fucking National Football League.

You say it's private so it should be off limits? Well obviously Bruce Allen was a dipshit and left the emails on his work server. That means it's not fucking private. Gruden may be rich, but he's still got to answer to his boss.
Gruden was not employed within the NFL at that time.

He was an ESPN employee.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Softball Bat wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:06 am

He was an ESPN employee.
Correct. He was employed by ESPN.

And Gruden used work email to send his hate out.
9/27/22
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Then maybe ESPN should deal with their employee.

Wait...

Never mind.

You know, if Jon was here he could speak for himself, but i just sort of imagine his vitriol in those emails was directed at those whom he feels were/are HATING on the sport he loves by ruining it with their -- GAY --approach to dealing with league matters.

No matter how you slice this, Jon has been run because the thought police have determined his thoughts are out of bounds.

This is a slippery slope, and I hope you are comfortable with your take on it, because it would not take much for the tables to be turned on you.

Again, don't understand my take to mean that I necessarily agree (or disagree) with Gruden's takes.
As one who values liberty, I find the process here to be quite troubling.

So it is.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Softball Bat wrote:

He was an ESPN employee.
And he was a NFL head coach when this came out.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Jon Gruden was not Roger Goodell's employee.
He was Mark Davis' employee.

So what if he called R. Goodell a fag multiple times (in private emails), some years ago.

Yes?

So what?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Who gives a fuck? Gruden quit. If he really was this aggrieved, he could have put up a fight and sued and gone all team MAGA. This is the miracle of the market. Gruden is free to seek alternative employment.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Softball Bat wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:52 am Then maybe ESPN should deal with their employee.

Wait...

Never mind.

You know, if Jon was here he could speak for himself, but i just sort of imagine his vitriol in those emails was directed at those whom he feels were/are HATING on the sport he loves by ruining it with their -- GAY --approach to dealing with league matters.

No matter how you slice this, Jon has been run because the thought police have determined his thoughts are out of bounds.

This is a slippery slope, and I hope you are comfortable with your take on it, because it would not take much for the tables to be turned on you.

Again, don't understand my take to mean that I necessarily agree (or disagree) with Gruden's takes.
As one who values liberty, I find the process here to be quite troubling.

So it is.
Uh, no....

First off, if someone wants to smack another person because they aren't doing their job properly...that's fair game. But knocking them for being part of a protected class (race, gender) isn't acceptable. And no employer is going to accept such conduct & risk being fined (like Washington was for $10 million in the investigation that outed Gruden as a racist, misogynist homophobe). And note that $10M fine from the NFL is so far their only cost. I'm betting that some of the findings of that NFL investigation could be grounds for a civil suit by some of their employees/former employees, which means more costs employers don't want to shell out.

Secondly, this isn't a matter of "the thought police." Gruden can be a racist, misogynist homophobe in his head & while off the clock. When he does so on the clock while representing his employer they are entitled to take action against him. And that's just reality. Keep one's piehole shut while on the clock or representing one's employer isn't a new concept. It's been around for at least a century.

P.S.
Gruden sure did a good job of proving Kaepernick right...
9/27/22
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Softball Bat wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:31 am Jon Gruden was not Roger Goodell's employee.
He was Mark Davis' employee.

So what if he called R. Goodell a fag multiple times (in private emails), some years ago.

Yes?

So what?
This wasn't private emails. Deal with it.
9/27/22
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Yes, they were.
They never would have seen the light of day if someone had not decided to open up 650,000 emails and look around.

Out of 650,000 emails reviewed, the only *inflammatory* ones found were those sent by Jon Gruden?

lol

Really?

How fascinating.

Now, the league needs to round up all text messages, email, and DMs sent by any NFL player, coach, staff, or owner over the past decade.
We need to see who else has been -----> very naughty <----- in private.

OUT all of these sick individuals and dismiss them.

Can't have naughty thoughts and/or private conversations going on.

How awful!
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Softball Bat wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:03 pm Yes, they were.
They never would have seen the light of day if someone had not decided to open up 650,000 emails and look around.

Out of 650,000 emails reviewed, the only *inflammatory* ones found were those sent by Jon Gruden?

lol

Really?

How fascinating.
In light of the $10M fine I doubt that Gruden was the only one who sent emails of that nature.

Now, the league needs to round up all text messages, email, and DMs sent by any NFL player, coach, staff, or owner over the past decade.
We need to see who else has been -----> very naughty <----- in private.
I'm all for that...if they're sent on team or NFL email servers. Private email would be off-limits, although even then a public person should never assume that they are & always will be private. That's proven to be false many times.
OUT all of these sick individuals and dismiss them.

Can't have naughty thoughts and/or private conversations going on.

How awful!
Work emails are not private conversations. See your Human Resources Director to get brought up to speed.
9/27/22
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Jon Gruden said In his very short resignation statement, "I never meant to hurt anyone."

It appears to be true.

As far as I am aware, Gruden never took any action to hurt gays, blacks, women, or Roger Goodell.
He never spoke in a public way against any of the above.

What he did was express his thoughts in private, with someone(s) whom he knew was okay (if not sympathetic) toward his views.
And for that, the THOUGHT POLICE have come out with their pitchforks to demand he be dismissed.

And I am not aware that any crime has been committed by him.

Jmo, but Gruden was a small fish in this whole thing, and he was outed and sacrificed to serve two purposes.

1. To have the public focus outrage on him, the devil, and forget that there has to be much bigger fish (owners, imo) who have sent out equally (or more-so) damning comments in email correspondences in this whole fiasco.

2. To beat down what Gruden stands for. The white, old skool Archie Bunker male. Must be ELIMINATED!

Can you imagine the shit that say, Bear Bryant, Woody Hayes (and countless others) said on a regular basis?

Think about how most football coaches (and players) carry on like testosterone jacked up goons.

This crucifixion of Gruden is insane.

If those 650,000 emails are put out in public this whole thing will explode.

It will be seen that it was owners who typed and -----> SENT <----- things more inflammatory than what Gruden said, imo.

Then what?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Softball Bat wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:08 am Jon Gruden said In his very short resignation statement, "I never meant to hurt anyone."

It appears to be true.

As far as I am aware, Gruden never took any action to hurt gays, blacks, women, or Roger Goodell.
He never spoke in a public way against any of the above.

What he did was express his thoughts in private,
What part of "emails on work servers are not private" don't you get?

If those 650,000 emails are put out in public this whole thing will explode.

It will be seen that it was owners who typed and -----> SENT <----- things more inflammatory than what Gruden said, imo.

Then what?
There will probably be some teams on the market. I'm all for all 650,000 emails sent on work email being outed.

PSG, WSP
9/27/22
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Left Seater wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:26 pm I couldn't care less about Gruden. That said Mikey's point is a valid one in today's cancel culture.
He got fired no canceled you fattt narcissistic bundle of doomed DNA.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Papa Willie wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:41 pm
What part of "emails on work servers are not private" don't you get?
Ask Hillary Clinton that.
Nice "But Her Emails!!!" response....
9/27/22
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

650,000 emails and only Gruden's were leaked? That's a mighty big axe someone is grinding.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:41 pm Ask Hillary Clinton that.
HRC smack? Pitiful. She still lives in your dome.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

JCT wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:52 am650,000 emails and only Gruden's were leaked? That's a mighty big axe someone is grinding.
Exactly.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Gruden sent his emails from his personal email account, didn't he?

He sent them to someone (Bruce Allen) who was using a company email.

Isn't that how it went down?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

At least some of Gruden’s emails were from his personal account. I don’t know if any came from his ESPN account.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:04 am What’s wrong with whatabouts? You and Pedo use them with Trump like they’re bacteria hauling ass to a newly produced hippo shit. Surely they’re okay for all to use?
Dump is the world's leading fascist and is the leader of the GOP. Huge different. Shocker you don't get that.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:11 pm
Papa Willie wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:04 am What’s wrong with whatabouts? You and Pedo use them with Trump like they’re bacteria hauling ass to a newly produced hippo shit. Surely they’re okay for all to use?
Dump is the world's leading fascist and is the leader of the GOP. Huge different. Shocker you don't get that.
Yup, the double standard is alive and well.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:00 pm Yup, the double standard is alive and well.
How so? This will be rich.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Why do you play so dumb?

You claim Trump whataboutism is fine but Her whataboutism is not. Your reasoning is because Trump was the GOP leader.

Again, why are you playing like you are a short bus rider?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Papa Willie wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:55 am
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:11 pm
Trump hasn’t been President in 9 months now. Tell us you knew.
Hillary Clinton hasn't been a member of a presidential administration for nearly 8 YEARS.

And yes, we know you're too stupid to know.
9/27/22
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:14 am You claim Trump whataboutism is fine but Her whataboutism is not. Your reasoning is because Trump was the GOP leader.
Dump is indeed the GOP leader. Her is the leader of no one.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:55 am Trump hasn’t been President in 9 months now. Tell us you knew.
He literally controls the GOP. Tell me you knew.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:24 pm
Left Seater wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:14 am You claim Trump whataboutism is fine but Her whataboutism is not. Your reasoning is because Trump was the GOP leader.
Dump is indeed the GOP leader. Her is the leader of no one.
In your mind, yes. As an actual GOP voter, he does not.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:30 pm In your mind, yes. As an actual GOP voter, he does not.
I love how you keep telling yourself this despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Almost all GOP candidates for any level of political office in the US seek Dump's endorsement because if they lose his huge cult of voters, they've lost as soon as they've begun. And he'll endorse a challenger.

Glenn Youngkin in VA, James Craig in MI, all seeking Dump's endorsement by perpetuating the Big Steal lie and that the 1/6 insurrection was no big deal.

You --> need to wake up already.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

What do you think Craig is meeting with Dump for? To reject his endorsement? Fuck you are stupid. You have litteraly become dumber in the 16 years this board has been around. Amazing how that happens.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 875100001/
James Craig, former Detroit police chief and a Republican candidate for Michigan governor, confirmed in an interview Sunday that he's planning to visit former President Donald Trump later this week.

Craig, who received a positive reception at the Mackinac Republican Leadership Conference over the weekend, declined to go into detail about his upcoming trip to meet with the ex-president, whose endorsement has been sought by GOP candidates in primary races nationally.

"I do have a plan to do that, but I'll just leave it there," Craig said when asked about a potential trip this week. "I am planning on a visit."