Smackie Appreciation Day

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Biggie
The Great Illuminator

Smackie Appreciation Day

Post by Biggie »

I know everybody on this Board hates everybody else, and a steady barrage of insults directed at your perceived enemies really pumps your nads. But maybe today, you could sheathe your swords and lavish some praise upon the guy that makes this board tick. Republican or Democrat, white or other, pedo or necro, pilot or pirate, I think we can all get together on Smackie Appreciation Day.

Smackie Chan has been his name since Nineteen ninety something. Sure, maybe he is a fan of despicable sports teams, and he doesn't always play the best songs by the best artists, and most of his music is profane and littered with racism, sexism and hompohobia, but let's look past those minor failings. If you visit the Town on a Saturday night, you will be treated to hours of listening pleasure for a VERY reasonable price. Listen closely, and you will see that each set - NAY!, each song! - is carefully cultivated from his vast library and grouped with other offerings to provide a deep and meaningful listening experience (except for some of the Zappa deep tracks, and that one where the trucker is going to skin Bambi the stripper). If the main board is the city, it is deserted on the weekend. But people come from all over the country to visit the Town on Saturday night (including Ruby, with her love in tow), and that is a beautiful thing.

Happy Birthday and Hip Hip Hooray to the finest Boss Jock in the Land. I declare September 10 to be Smackie Appreciation Day! Lift up your glasses, and toast the Mayor of Tune Town. It's Smackie Appreciation Day, and it's good to be SAD.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Smackie Appreciation Day

Post by Carson »

Biggie is a Smackie troll?

Who knew???
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Happy Birthday old man.

:grin:
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Happy bday to SC!
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

A better choice of days than tomorrow. Maybe some night he'll play nothing but former #1 hits.
Yeah sure.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Biggie
The Great Illuminator

Post by Biggie »

Fair point.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

A belated HB to SC. and Biggie, for the love of Jeeeezus, Allah, Buddah et al, come up off of SC's shlong for a breath.

BTW, his Zappa deep tracks are often the highlight of the show.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Thanks, Bigster. Appreciate the ...appreciation.

Despite what I said toward the end of last week's show, there WILL be a show tonight. (That stuff about you & your family is still true, though.)
"I see everything twice!"
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Smackie Chan is a skilled DJ with an intelligent, thoughtful, and entertaining delivery.

His music library is excellent -- and despite the protest of Stanley Pickle, Mr. Chan's playlist selection process is well thought out.

Music tastes of course vary, but it is hard not to grade Smackie Chan as an A jockey, at least as far as the needs of a locale like T1B are concerned.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is