Naomi Osaka withdraws from the French Open

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

L45B
Commanche Hero

Re: Naomi Osaka withdraws from the French Open

Post by L45B »

She apparently tried to convince the chair umpire to let her talk thru the microphone to address the crowd immediately after the incident.

This would be like Larry Bird wanting to explain himself, with a microphone, to the LA Forum back in the 80s when they were screaming for him to go fuck himself.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

That is freaking hilarious!

:lol:
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Softball Bat wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:16 am Who knew S_M was in attendance at Indian Wells?

:)
Wut?

This woman apparently still needs help. What a train wreck.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
smackaholic wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:30 am This is the first time I've actually watched an example of what is going on with her. Sadly, I would say she's just a typical millenial.

Many people her age have grown up in an atmosphere of 24/7 adult supervision. We old fukks who spent a good bit of our childhoods roaming the neighborhood with our peers, learned to work shit out. Unfortunately, this generation had very little of that and it shows. Snowflakes, I believe is the term used. Jordan Peterson talks about the utter lack of unsupervised play which is typical these days and the dire consequences of it.
She's 24...too young to be a millennial, dumbass. Get your shit straight.

Sincerely,
Older millenial
Sorry if I’m not up on what exact generation she belongs to. She may be technically outside of the millennial boundary, whatever the fukk that is, but she’s close enough. She grew up in the 21st century which means she’s a snowflake.

BTW, wouldn’t you be a Gen Xer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Just looked it up.

Gen X definition looks kinda fuzzy on where it ends. I see the end being anywhere from 76-early 80s.

I’m a young boomer (63), my
siblings all Xers.

If there’s a way to separate boomers and Xers, it is that Xers grew up playing video games. We boomers had arcade games, but nothing decent at home other than pong.

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Boomer kids generally spent considerable time outside the house.
Inside the house was boring.

Beginning with Gen X, kids spent more time inside, and that trend has accelerated with the generations that have followed.
Inside the house was/is more stimulating.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Like I said, it’s all about video games.

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Softball Bat wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:42 pm Boomer kids generally spent considerable time outside the house.

Beginning with Gen X, kids spent more time inside, and that trend has accelerated with the generations that have followed.
Some of that change is in the parents. Kids no longer have the freedom they once had. When we got home from school we dropped our gear and were gone until dinner. Now Mom hovers over every movement.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

The cell phone culture is a disaster.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Left Seater wrote:
Softball Bat wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:42 pm Boomer kids generally spent considerable time outside the house.

Some of that change is in the parents. Kids no longer have the freedom they once had. When we got home from school we dropped our gear and were gone until dinner. Now Mom hovers over every movement.
And this is the separation between X and millennials.

You Xers had decent gaming options, but still wandered outside, probably because Billy had the latest kickass Atari system, so you rode your bike alone there….. helmetless.

Older millennials had some of this, but free range parenting was fading fast. By the end of this generation, if your kid had any free time away from organized sports, he was carted by mom to Billy’s. Maybe if he was at least 12, he took his bike and he had best have a helmet on.

Anything past Ms?

Girls attack one another through social media and boys….do I even need to say what boys do?

What little bit of inperson social development they had was in school and the ‘rona crushed that.

We’re pretty much doomed.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

It's all about the internet. Kids play games online with their friends and socialize that way. "Back in the day" you had to go to your fliends' houses to play games and you socialized with a few there. Then you went outside to play bball, baseball and football. And later roller hockey.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

smackaholic wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:44 pmLike I said, it’s all about video games.
Video games were surely a step, but I think there was something even before that.

Early Boomers (born in the late '40s and early '50s) grew up with no TV.

Later Boomers had TV, but it was maybe black-and-white (some had color, or had it come later on).
The TV had 3 channels and you had to get up from your seat to physically change a channel.

Gen Xers grew up with color TV, and most of them with cable TV from an early age.
Channels galore!
MTV.
Remote control.

Vegging out in front of the TV was much more of a thing for Gen Xers than it had been for the Boomer generation.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

My kid is on the slopes in NM right now. I’m going to get a half day ticket later and join him. But right now I’m on my phone.

Balance.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote:It's all about the internet. Kids play games online with their friends and socialize that way. "Back in the day" you had to go to your fliends' houses to play games and you socialized with a few there. Then you went outside to play bball, baseball and football. And later roller hockey.
You say this as if socializing through your laptop or phone is equivalent to old fashioned face to face.

It isn’t. Not even close.

Doing it through the internet, especially if it is with people you have no risk of ever being punched in the face by, teaches kids that it’s ok to be a dick.

20+ years of is doing it to one another is exhibit A.

Fortunately most of us are old enough that we didn’t have this during our formative years, so we are more or less functional in public. People under 25, not so much.

I have a kid on both sides of this age, so I’ve seen it up close and personal.

Fortunately CB is a very chill kid, so he weathered it pretty well.

But imagine a very aggressive douchebag, in the old days they generally got it beat out of them. Today, it’s a different story. Or this girl, who despite being able to make it to the top of her sport, is a basket case.

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

I wasn’t a stoner or a dropout so I never rode a skateboard.

See how that works. But I would love for you to call out any of the LA Kings players for playing roller hockey when ice wasn’t available. I don’t see that ending well for you.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Left Seater wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:12 am I wasn’t a stoner or a dropout so I never rode a skateboard.

See how that works. But I would love for you to call out any of the LA Kings players for playing roller hockey when ice wasn’t available. I don’t see that ending well for you.
You also weren’t smart so you didn’t know that anybody can pick up a skateboard.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Nothing is perfect in life. Heckling happens.

- Rafa Nadal

Meanies must be stopped!
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Though many consider him to be the greatest baseball player to ever live, Ty Cobb certainly had his fair share of controversial moments. None of them, perhaps, were as big as when Cobb assaulted a handicapped fan. While playing at Hilltop Park in New York, Cobb was being heckled by a fan named Claude Lucker. Lucker only had two fingers after a printing accident, but wasn’t afraid of jeering the ballplayer.

Cobb got fed up and rushed into the stands, clearing a dozen rows to reach Lucker. Cobb brutally assaulted the fan and was subsequently suspended for his actions. At one point during the melee, Cobb was told by another fan that Lucker had no hands, to which he responded “I don’t care if he has no feet.”
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:03 am
Softball Bat wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:12 am
Innocent Bystander wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:13 pmShe's just a kid,
This is also a good point.

22 years old.

What was our maturity level at agee 22?

Honestly think about yourself at that age.
So should males under 22 be executed for their actions, or just the dark-skinned ones?
Sure. let's execute--or rather spay and neuter--Section 8. Problem solved.
Before God was, I am
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

88naziss loves racists.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Softball Bat wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:50 am "Who? Who cares?"
You might say this.

Well, yes.
But there are some bigger sports issues at play here.

Osaka is currently ranked #2 in the female tennis world.
She has won the last two majors.

She refused to participate in the mandatory post-match press conference after her 1st round win at the French Open, and she was hit with a $15,000 fine.
Apparently all four of the major tournaments are in solidarity on this issue.
I'm not sure where the player's association comes down on this.

After being hit with the fine, Osaka, 22 years old, dropped out of the tournament.

She issued a statement which said, paraphrasing, that she has battled depression and mental health issues for a number of years.
She has social anxiety and it becomes very problematic for her when she is confronted with awkward or uncomfortable questions in press conference settings.
Rather than absorbing $15,000 fines after each win, and being a distraction to the event, she felt it best to drop out.

What about this?

She didn't drop out because performing in the arena is too much for her.
She dropped out because she isn't down with facing the media, and if the powers-that-be declare that she has to face the media or be fined, she needs to pack it in.

If you ever watch tennis losers in their post-match media sessions you'll see that they are sour, grumpy, and sometimes combative if they feel a reporter is saying things they don't want to hear.
They definitely DO NOT enjoy being in that room.

So if you set a precedent by letting Osaka slide on the media appearances, you might then get a slew of players opting out, especially when coming off a loss.
You know, mental health and stuff.

Discuss...
Yo softie, you obviously don't know dick about tennis. Osaka has not won the past two majors, but rather the Australian last year and the U.S. Open in 2020. Four majors total. Her demeanor of a moody brat has long been noted in Japan--though she's basically American, having been raised here. She barely speaks Japanese. Also, she's huge--almost as big as Serena. The idea that she would be so fragile in the face of "tough" questions by a reporters, let alone the catcalls of some fan in the stands is pathetic. She won't be missed.
Before God was, I am
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Osaka is knocking out of the '22 French Open in the 1st round.

Screw_Michigan does cartwheels!

L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

As long as she got thru it without her feelings being hurt in straight sets, then that’s all that matters.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

L45B wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:58 pm As long as she got thru it without her feelings being hurt in straight sets, then that’s all that matters.
Are you sure she didn't start crying?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:28 pm
L45B wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:58 pm As long as she got thru it without her feelings being hurt in straight sets, then that’s all that matters.
Are you sure she didn't start crying?
Says the guy knocked out of life by a virus he didn’t catch, what a fucking POS you turned out to be.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Kierland wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:49 pm Says the guy knocked out of life by a virus he didn’t catch, what a fucking POS you turned out to be.
What the fuck are you talking about?

Look, I wish Naomi happiness and success in whatever field she pursues. I'm just not going to sit back and let her smear reporters for being MEAN!!! to her when she has real life issues that she struggles to confront. And that is what happened last year--she had an emotional meltdown and blamed the reporters when it was her personal bullshit involved with playing tennis for a living and not enjoying it.

But as long as she has white knights like you going to bat for her and excusing all her bullshit, then she'll never confront those issues. Because the jizz moppers are the REAL problem.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Way to show you got a little spinal fluid, Screwey.

You mention crying, and Cryland shows up like a genie in out of a bottle. How he crawled out of one in less than a week is beyond me.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:15 pm
But as long as she has white knights like you going to bat for her and excusing all her bullshit, then she'll never confront those issues. Because the jizz moppers are the REAL problem.
That deserves a Rack.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

In her post-match presser she said the WTA still needs to do more to help the players with "mental health issues."

She also said she stays off Twatter for 3 days after a loss.
lol

She sad Twatter is "a negative place."

Yeah, I can imagine some trolls hit her pretty hard.

She would also have to -----> BLOCK Screw_Michigan!

:)

At least she made it through the presser without a total meltdown.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:15 pm
Kierland wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:49 pm Says the guy knocked out of life by a virus he didn’t catch, what a fucking POS you turned out to be.
What the fuck are you talking about?

Look, I wish Naomi happiness and success in whatever field she pursues. I'm just not going to sit back and let her smear reporters for being MEAN!!! to her when she has real life issues that she struggles to confront. And that is what happened last year--she had an emotional meltdown and blamed the reporters when it was her personal bullshit involved with playing tennis for a living and not enjoying it.

I’m not excusing anything, so thanks for twisting what I said. I said a person like you who obviously has their own mental issues if covid knocked you out of life when you didn’t even catch it should maybe not be such an asshole to her. The fact that all the naziis are now sucking your dick on this issue should be all the proof you need that you are on the wrong side of this. You’re just pissed she was “mean” to a reporter.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Maybe someone snubbed "reporter" SM in the past, so he's hyper-sensitive about it.

I dunno.

All kidding aside, I do think Osaka deals with some mental issues.

She has also probably been coddled, and is immature.
And it is also my opinion that she is not very intelligent.

Thee are a number of factors involved here.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Probably all true, still no need for SM to mock her given that he is supposed to be progressive. There are plenty of dipshits here to take unwarranted swings at her.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I’m not excusing anything, so thanks for twisting what I said. I said a person like you who obviously has their own mental issues if covid knocked you out of life when you didn’t even catch it should maybe not be such an asshole to her. The fact that all the naziis are now sucking your dick on this issue should be all the proof you need that you are on the wrong side of this. You’re just pissed she was “mean” to a reporter.
English, do you speak it? How did covid "knock me out of life?" What exact mental issues do i have? And i did have it in January. Fortunately it was barely a cold.

As Smackie told you earlier in this thread, you need to take a look in the mirror. And yes, I'm critical of Naomi because they blamed tennis reporters for her immaturity and sicked the woke mob on us. Hell even my jizz mopping colleagues thought having Naomi regularly talk to jizz moppers was unnecessary. Absurd.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:08 am
Softball Bat wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:28 pm Very good to see you, SM!
Thanks, friend! Back at you. To clarify: I didn't contract coronavirus. Instead I had a relatively minor health scare that freaked me out and thankfully I saw a specialist and had it rectified. But going through this stuff in Jan and Feb, combined with the gray winter weather, non stop bad coronavirus news, and the GQP creeping fascism further and further into American democracy, things were very bleak and sad for me. Feeling a lot better now and am looking forward to the summer and fall of 2021.
You had issues partially due to “bad cv news” so you are hardly the person that should be being an asshole to her. Again I expect the naziis to be hypocritical twats I just held you to a higher standard, but you do you and I’ll just lower my standards for you.

Blue check twats like you are all the same when push comes to shove.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Kierland wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:34 pm You had issues partially due to “bad cv news” so you are hardly the person that should be being an asshole to her. Again I expect the naziis to be hypocritical twats I just held you to a higher standard, but you do you and I’ll just lower my standards for you.

Blue check twats like you are all the same when push comes to shove.
Yeah, well if I made millions of dollars per year playing tennis, I wouldn't be crying and whining about mean ol' jizz moppers.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Actually if you have money and you still don’t feel good about yourself THAT’S when you are in a world of shit. (insert Pyle looking at Joker pic here) Poor people think money fixes everything, it doesn’t. It just makes you think “I have money and I’m still not happy so NOW what?”
She’s got 99 problems and money only fixes 98 of them. Again, you of all people should have more sympathy.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Kierland wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:33 pm Actually if you have money and you still don’t feel good about yourself THAT’S when you are in a world of shit. (insert Pyle looking at Joker pic here) Poor people think money fixes everything, it doesn’t. It just makes you think “I have money and I’m still not happy so NOW what?”
She’s got 99 problems and money only fixes 98 of them. Again, you of all people should have more sympathy.
I did have sympathy for her. Until she blamed jizzmoppers for her problems instead of taking personal responsibility.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:26 am I sympathize with those who suffer from mental heath challenges. I know how they feel. Unlike you, I'm not easily duped by children like Osaka. I think she's (mostly) lying. Simple as that.
So did you once have sympathy for her but she duped you and now you don’t or did you never have sympathy for her cause she’s a lying child you saw right thru?

You’re arguing from emotion and it’s all pretzelized.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Kierland wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:58 pm she duped you
Wrong. She duped you, and you're lashing out at me in embarrassment.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screwy is getting more and more conservative every year. I mean he isn’t goi g to vote against Brandon in 2 years but he is moving right.