MLK quotes that stand the test of time...

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

MLK quotes that stand the test of time...

Post by Left Seater »

I was flying on Monday and couldn't post to honor MLK. Today I am in the home office and have the time. Here are a few of his quotes that everyone should re-read and take to heart.
A great majority of the so-called educated people do not think logically and scientifically. Even the press, the classroom, the platform, and the pulpit in many instances do not give us objective and unbiased truths.

If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. Be careful, "brethren!"

We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence.

I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

Many poor whites were the derivative victims of slavery. As long as labor was cheapened by the involuntary servitude of the black man, the freedom of white labor, especially in the South, was little more than a myth. It was free only to bargain from the depressed base imposed by slavery upon the whole labor market. Nor did this derivative bondage end when formal slavery gave way to the de-facto slavery of discrimination. To this day the white poor also suffer deprivation and the humiliations of poverty

In the treatment of poverty nationally, one fact stands out: there are twice as many white poor as Negro poor in the United States. Therefore I will not dwell on the experiences of poverty that derive from racial discrimination, but will discuss the poverty that affects white and Negro alike.
Everyone should read these and reflect on them. Sadly much of his message has been bastardized by the liberal left and ignored by the conservative right.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Kierland

Re: MLK quotes that stand the test of time...

Post by Kierland »

Fuck off traitor.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Fascists quoting MLK will never not be pitiful
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Did you even read the quotes?

Tell us what you disagree with, or what got your panties all up in a bunch.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:56 pm Did you even read the quotes?

Tell us what you disagree with, or what got your panties all up in a bunch.
Did it ever occur to you that your tired bullshit doesn’t deserve a serious response?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

So you got nothing of substance to add.

Color me not surprised.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Add to what?

You haven’t contributed anything of substance in at least four years.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

So MLK quotes aren't anything of substance.

So noted.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:13 pm So MLK quotes aren't anything of substance.

So noted.
Not when dishonestly promoted by fascists. Did you think we'd forget on Jan 20?
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:13 pm So MLK quotes aren't anything of substance.

So noted.
Uh...sorry. That quote came from MLK. Not from you.
You yourself contribute nothing. Nice try.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:17 pm

So noted.
Not when dishonestly promoted by fascists. Did you think we'd forget on Jan 20?
Keep killing that strawman. At some point you might actually finish it off. But I wouldn't bet on it.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Mikey wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:21 pm

So noted.
Uh...sorry. That quote came from MLK. Not from you.
You yourself contribute nothing. Nice try.
Nope, you are claiming that the discussion of MLK quotes is nothing of substance. Again, so noted.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

You made a provocative statement with absolutely no substance or backup. How is that" substantial?"

You really aren't too good at trolling. Too obvious.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

I made a statement regarding the quotes I posted from MLK. You continue to attack me and ignore the quotes. That says something, regardless of your continued spin.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MLK wouldn't have voted for Donald Trump, nor excused his criminal idiocy. Try again.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Another strawman.

God you suck at this.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Left Seater wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:14 pm I was flying on Monday and couldn't post to honor MLK. Today I am in the home office and have the time. Here are a few of his quotes that everyone should re-read and take to heart.

Many poor whites were the derivative victims of slavery. As long as labor was cheapened by the involuntary servitude of the black man, the freedom of white labor, especially in the South, was little more than a myth. It was free only to bargain from the depressed base imposed by slavery upon the whole labor market. Nor did this derivative bondage end when formal slavery gave way to the de-facto slavery of discrimination. To this day the white poor also suffer deprivation and the humiliations of poverty

In the treatment of poverty nationally, one fact stands out: there are twice as many white poor as Negro poor in the United States. Therefore I will not dwell on the experiences of poverty that derive from racial discrimination, but will discuss the poverty that affects white and Negro alike.
Everyone should read these and reflect on them. Sadly much of his message has been bastardized by the liberal left and ignored by the conservative right.
Thank you for remembering Dr. King, and for trying to start a dialogue, Lefty. This place isn't interested, even with the low hanging fruit you subconsciously provided.

I hope you have a great rest of your week.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:28 pm MLK wouldn't have voted for Donald Trump, nor excused his criminal idiocy. Try again.
He wouldn't have voted for Jim Crow Joe or Kamanmy, either, though. Shrug.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Innocent Bystander wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:54 pm

Thank you for remembering Dr. King, and for trying to start a dialogue, Lefty. This place isn't interested, even with the low hanging fruit you subconsciously provided.

I hope you have a great rest of your week.

It wasn't subconscious. I picked things that applied to both side of political spectrum. Sadly all that most want to do is attack the messenger.

I am having a good week, I hope yours is the same.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

She is right. We are not interested in reconciliation, I would add, with out truth. Until BrokenPsyche owns his vote then he will continue to be treated as a stain.
That is the lesson of the reconstruction Steven. When you have your foot on their neck you don’t just unilaterally disarm.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Left Seater wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:14 pm Many poor whites were the derivative victims of slavery. As long as labor was cheapened by the involuntary servitude of the black man, the freedom of white labor, especially in the South, was little more than a myth. It was free only to bargain from the depressed base imposed by slavery upon the whole labor market. Nor did this derivative bondage end when formal slavery gave way to the de-facto slavery of discrimination. To this day the white poor also suffer deprivation and the humiliations of poverty
This one is particularly relevant today, but the democrats have replaced the slave with Manuel from Honduras.

And you IT geeks better watch out, there are many millions in Asia that can replace you in the blink of an eye.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Fuck off traitor.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

To holic's point, I continue to be amazed that the poor population in the US continues to vote for Team D. Team D clearly wants to bring in more workers on the lowest end of the spectrum. These foreign (many illegal) will work for rock bottom wages, making the situation even harder for the poor US citizens.

Guess they are blinded by $15 minimum wage and UBI. But $15 minimum wage means nothing when those jobs are going to foreign workers.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Gee, can't imagine why low wage workers would want to make more money. And beside, Team D wasn't trying to kill them with Covid 19 like Team Fascism.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:06 pm Gee, can't imagine why low wage workers would want to make more money. And beside, Team D wasn't trying to kill them with Covid 19 like Team Fascism.
Did you even read my post. These higher wages don't mean shit to poor US Citizens, when you want to bring in foreign workers to fight for those entry level jobs.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Left Seater wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:42 pm
Screw_Michigan wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:06 pm Gee, can't imagine why low wage workers would want to make more money. And beside, Team D wasn't trying to kill them with Covid 19 like Team Fascism.
Did you even read my post. These higher wages don't mean shit to poor US Citizens, when you want to bring in foreign workers to fight for those entry level jobs.
Since Trump was tough on immigration and created a strong enforcement arm of ICE to enforce immigration laws in workplaces this won't be an issue.

Oh wait....
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Oh wait. Biden signed an executive order placing restrictions on ICE.

So what was your point?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

For someone who criticizes others of using strawman arguments your post shows your hypocrisy.

My point was that Trump didn't do anything to increase workplace enforcement. Why? Because the GOP is too addicted to free/low cost labor.

Care to illuminate for everyone how Biden's EO reduces workplace enforcement, Mr. Strawman?
9/27/22
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Left Seater wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:49 pm Oh wait. Biden signed an executive order placing restrictions on ICE.

So what was your point?
Fuck off traitor and go back in your bunker where you were until 1-20. You sure are fat for being so transparent.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Clearly you don't understand the Strawman. Not surprised.

Trump wanted to reduce illegal immigration. Period. Full stop.

Biden signed an EO limiting ICE.

And speaking of hypocrite, let's review some of your boy Joey's previous statements:
CNN wrote:Speaking to a South Carolina rotary club in November 2006, Biden touted his support for the Secure Fence Act – a bill that authorized 700 miles of double-layered fence on the border through more than a billion dollars in appropriations. The bill was also supported by then-Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. CNN’s KFile reviewed the video, which had been posted on YouTube at the time.

During the 2008 presidential election, Biden also opposed granting driver’s licenses to undocumented immigrants – an issue that dogged Clinton in the 2008 and 2016 Democratic presidential primary. His immigration plan also called for increasing funding for border patrol.

Speaking at a September 2007 debate at Dartmouth College in New Hampshire, Biden said he would not allow so-called sanctuary cities to ignore federal law.

“Yes or no, would you allow those cities to ignore the federal law?” Biden was asked. “No,” he responded.

No if Biden is actually going to hold employers accountable for their hiring, then I will give him some props. We shall see.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You are a traitor, that you also have no idea what level of hypocrisy you are engaging in just shows what a fucking POS you are.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I would recommend everyone drink whenever the midget says traitor, but, I don't believe there is sufficient alcohol in the nations's supply to do so.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

So it’s my fault you are a traitor and won’t admit it? Fuck off traitor.

Also love how you HAD to go with the appearance smack seeing as your quiver is otherwise empty.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

smackaholic wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:55 am I would recommend everyone drink whenever the midget says traitor, but, I don't believe there is sufficient alcohol in the nations's supply to do so.
His postings have become so repetitious that I went looking for the ignore button but couldn't find any. If that is no longer an option he needs to be given a timeout.
9/27/22
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

So it’s my fault I’m surrounded by traitors and their enablers? Fuck off pissant. Get back to me when you have SOME idea how to treat traitors. I suggest you start with reconstruction.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:38 pm
smackaholic wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:55 am I would recommend everyone drink whenever the midget says traitor, but, I don't believe there is sufficient alcohol in the nations's supply to do so.
His postings have become so repetitious that I went looking for the ignore button but couldn't find any. If that is no longer an option he needs to be given a timeout.
It is kinda hidden Diego. Click on his name which will bring up his profile. Then click on add foe. Then it will bring up a pop up box to confirm the actions. Once you do that his posts will all be collapsed. You will know he posted but you will be spared having to read it.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Ladies, ladies. Let's stay focused on your real enemies: the fascists who populate this bord. As you can tell, they are unrepentant and emboldened.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Ignore the message and attack the messenger.

Where do y’all get your instructions?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Left Seater wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:52 pm Ignore the message and attack the messenger.

Where do y’all get your instructions?
From those who brought us "Fake News."
9/27/22
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Left Seater wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:57 pm
It is kinda hidden Diego. Click on his name which will bring up his profile. Then click on add foe. Then it will bring up a pop up box to confirm the actions. Once you do that his posts will all be collapsed. You will know he posted but you will be spared having to read it.
That is a lot of work just to be a Coward.