Biden/Liberal Bullshit...

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Biden/Liberal Bullshit...

Post by smackaholic »

Kierland wrote:Fuck off you fat greedy traitor. You don’t even CARE about the planet.
Care to explain why someone would not “care about the planet”?

Is lefty working on a spaceship capable of taking him to a different habitable one?

I know Elon Musk and his sack danglers are good at milking the government out of money for such pipe dreams, but I doubt even he has such a plan.

We are here. We ain’t going anywhere. We should stop pissing away money on Mars boondoggles.

We already been there. It sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Holic,

Neither party wants to do what is necessary and cut spending.

Dems seem to think they can make the poor richer by making the rich poorer. Just a bunch of look over here while I steal your wallet.

The GOP on the other hand only wants to talk about spending when they aren’t in power. They do want to cut spending on some things but not everything as is needed.

We the people should demand spending cuts across the board. 25% from everything, nothing should be exempted. Then we should cut whole cabinet departments.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Jsc810 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:51 am
Left Seater wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:36 am We the people should demand spending cuts across the board. 25% from everything, nothing should be exempted. Then we should cut whole cabinet departments.
Nice bumper sticker. Absolutely absurd public policy.

And if it was actually implemented, you wouldn't like it either.

You actually believe there isn’t a ton of fat in every Federal department? There is likely way more than that 25%.

And please tell me what I wouldn’t like about this spending cut.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:36 am The GOP on the other hand only wants to talk about spending when they aren’t in power. They do want to cut spending on some things but not everything as is needed.
You mean when they're not helping your fascist orange hero install his fascist authoritarian government at the expense of our election integrity.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

More deflection and dodging of the topic at hand.

Right out of the liberal playbook.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Left Seater wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:36 am Then we should cut whole cabinet departments.
Yeah, we should just get rid of the Department of Transportation, including the FAA & NTSB.

In sum, this is what Left Behinder wants to do to our country:

“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dept. of Trans. needs a bid haircut.

Dept of Ed needs to go away

Defense needs a good trim as well, primarily by not keeping so damn many people overseas. WWII is 75 years in the rear view mirror. Time to bring most of the troops home from Germany. We should continue to spend a good bit on new gadgets though.

NASA needs a good trim as well. Fukk going to Mars. It's uninhabitable. What's the fukking point? If sci-fi nerds want to go, let them raise the funds.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Left Seater wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:21 am More deflection and dodging of the topic at hand.

Right out of the liberal playbook.
The topic at hand is why you betrayed your country, you can dodge it all you want but I’m still going to ask it.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:49 am
Left Seater wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:36 am Then we should cut whole cabinet departments.
Yeah, we should just get rid of the Department of Transportation, including the FAA & NTSB.

In sum, this is what Left Behinder wants to do to our country:

Nice straw man.

But the DOT FAA and NTSB all can have their funding cut to get rid of the pork.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Fuck off traitor. You don’t even care about America.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Now Biden is looking at Executive Action to erase student debt. This is after saying he couldn't do it.
wall Street Journal wrote:The Biden administration is considering using executive action to forgive Americans’ federal student debt, the White House’s chief spokeswoman said Thursday, responding to pressure from Democratic lawmakers and progressive groups.

President Biden has previously questioned his ability to use executive action to forgive some or all of Americans’ federal student debt. He has instead urged Congress to pass legislation to write off $10,000 in student debt for every borrower.
I guess the good news is Biden is only looking at $10K while his handlers want $50K.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Then there is the local Liberals who are skirting collective bargaining and mandating pay raises for some grocery employees. Of course artificially raising labor costs leads to fewer options.
“As a result of the city of Long Beach’s decision to pass an ordinance mandating extra pay for grocery workers, we have made the difficult decision to permanently close long-struggling store locations in Long Beach,” a company spokesperson said in a statement. “This misguided action by the Long Beach City Council oversteps the traditional bargaining process and applies to some, but not all, grocery workers in the city.”

Ralphs and Food 4 Less also noted that the council’s mandate “does nothing” to raise wages for the frontline workers employed by the city.

“The irreparable harm that will come to employees and local citizens as a direct result of the city of Long Beach’s attempt to pick winners and losers, is deeply unfortunate,” the spokesperson added. “We are truly saddened that our associates and customers will ultimately be the real victims of the city council’s actions.”
CGA said it commissioned a study finding that grocery costs for a family of four could increase by $400 a year with a $5-per-hour extra pay mandate, as proposed in Los Angeles County. The report pegged grocery industry average profits at 2.2% during early to mid-2020, at the height of pandemic-triggered panic buying, but determined that the higher wage would hike overall costs 4.5%, twice the size of the industry profit margin and three times historical profit margins.

“The Long Beach City Council rushed to enact the misguided extra pay mandate without any meaningful dialogue with grocers in their community. We repeatedly warned that a $4/hour increase would have major unintended consequences, including potential store closures, the reduction of work for employees, and higher grocery costs for customers,” according to CGA’s Fong, who said a $4 hourly increase translates to a roughly 28% rise in retailers’ labor costs. “There’s no way grocers can absorb that big of a cost increase without an offset somewhere else, considering grocers operate with razor-thin margins and many stores already operate in the red. The Long Beach City Council put politics ahead of families and jobs in the middle of a pandemic. This was entirely avoidable. We are hopeful that Long Beach and other cities reconsider these misguided proposals that do far more harm than good.”
Similar things are happening in the Seattle area:
Last week, Puget Sound-area grocer PCC Community Markets sent a letter to Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan after the Seattle City Council on Jan. 25 approved a measure requiring an extra $4 per hour in hazard pay for grocery workers for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Seattle-based retailer, with 15 stores, said the cost of the additional pay presents a hefty burden for small grocers.

“This ordinance disproportionately harms local, independent grocers like PCC Community Markets, which in 2019 had $1.7 million in net income. That may sound like a lot, but to put that in context, PCC spent $3 million — or nearly two times 2019 net income — in COVID-related expenses in 2020, including staff member appreciation pay, bonuses and in-store safety protocols, since the start of the pandemic,” PCC Community Markets CEO Suzy Monford wrote in the letter. “Although independent grocers are proud to have provided a safe and healthy shopping and working environment, our profit margins are even more slim than previous years. Unlike large corporate grocers who saw a large sustained uptick in sales nationwide, we have not had a sustained increase in sales and do not have a national footprint to rely on to offset these costs nor the cost of doing business in Seattle.

“We hope, given local business concerns, you’ll consider not signing the bill or, alternatively, modify it to exclude the smaller, local grocers who will be deeply damaged by this ordinance,” Monford said. “We encourage you to evaluate the impact on local grocery, struggling under the cost of COVID safety measures yet committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment.”

Further you can expect far more stories like this if Liberals press forward with their $15 / hour minimum wage plans. In some areas that will more than double the minimum wage, which will lead to increased costs for basic services and the cost of living. It will of course lead to closures of businesses or locations which will then cost some of those working at minimum wage their jobs.

https://www.supermarketnews.com/retail- ... ay-mandate
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:30 pm Further you can expect far more stories like this if Liberals press forward with their $15 / hour minimum wage plans. In some areas that will more than double the minimum wage, which will lead to increased costs for basic services and the cost of living. It will of course lead to closures of businesses or locations which will then cost some of those working at minimum wage their jobs.

https://www.supermarketnews.com/retail- ... ay-mandate
Wrong

Left Shitter gets his tax cut, bemoans the minimum wage getting raised. Film at 11.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

You can scream it all you want, problem for you is I just provided you examples of stores closing over a temporary $4 an hour raise.

But please link us up to facts that if Biden's handlers raise the minimum wage to $15 that nothing will close because of it...

:popcorn:
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Perhaps they might. But it won't be like dropping a nuclear bomb and that these stores will go away and never come back. Raising the minimum wage will pump tons of money into the economy to people who will actually spend it and stimulate the economy.

Trickle down economics has never worked. Go pimp your nonsense over at tards.net.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

These stores in SoCal are the same ones who fired their salaried delivery drivers (supposedly "essential workers"), who were also getting benefits, and farmed the work out to "gig" workers the moment Prop 22 took effect. Fuck them. They're just stomping their feet like spoiled Texans little children.

The Albertson's where I live is a shithole that smells like rotten fish half the time. As soon as the checkout lines get smaller than two people they start pulling cashiers off the registers. The other supermarket in town is locally owned, has a better selection on a lot of stuff, takes care of their employees, sponsors the local HS football team, lets local organizations do fundraisers in front of the store and doesn't close down their registers. They seem to be able to stay in business somehow. I don't think I've shopped at Albertson's in at least a year.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:58 pm Raising the minimum wage will pump tons of money into the economy to people who will actually spend it and stimulate the economy.
Wrong. This has never worked and is logically flawed. Like saying legislating the minimum tipping amount at restaurants will somehow magically improve the lots of all wait staff and the patrons they serve. It would actually do the opposite.

We the people should start accepting what behaviors are enabled by launching certain policies (versus not), instead of what we wish would happen.

It’s a law of physics really. Artificially setting a minimum price on a product or person’s labor will help in specific instances (ie certain people) but on a whole cannot help everyone and will likely make worse for more people than not.

The law cannot force a business into a loss position. The small business will simply choose not to hire (choosing a wage of $0 instead of $15), which hurts the potential employee willing to work for less in exchange for work experience.

Meanwhile, the Walmart down the street can afford to pay that same position and thus unfairly gets a competitive advantage over the small mom ‘n pop shop by nothing more than a favor from the government. Sprinkle in situations like that of McDonalds, who can also afford to invest in automation, and is motivated to do so by the minimum wage law. Thus creating a double whammy for the potential employee— not allowed to be hired by the small business and no job at the corporate-machine chain.

So what does that leave? Regulate? Funny that we never hear about legislation aimed at applying the minimum wage law ONLY to the big corporate conglomerates. Wonder why that is?

Otherwise, logically, the best solution for the worker is to have as many options as possible. This means there needs to be a system in place that enables more jobs to be available than qualified people, making employers having to compete and pay more for the most efficient workers. Minimum wage laws (applied across the board) do not accomplish this and never have.

These are the types of policies that, unintentionally, cause further wage gaps in society. They get tried, tested and ultimately fail. And almost always, the truth is twisted, the blame is shifted, and the good ole government saviors (and their jizz-moppers) pitch the same stale idea to fix the problem that they caused in the first place. Rinse, repeat.

Economics In One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt has aged quite well over the years (p. 134 if you have the heart). Logical and non-emotional thinking. Tough, but possible.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Left Seater wrote:Mikey, Biden has said he wants a 39% tax bracket. There is nothing to rethink. Having a 39% income tax bracket on top of his business tax rate is state confiscation.
The people who have benefited the most should pay. Especially when you consider that we are in the middle of the national disaster that has caused a greater loss of life to Americans then World War II. It's going to take money to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. So suck it up.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Left Seater and L45B, is this what you mean?

Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Mikey wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:31 pm These stores in SoCal are the same ones who fired their salaried delivery drivers (supposedly "essential workers"), who were also getting benefits, and farmed the work out to "gig" workers the moment Prop 22 took effect. Fuck them. They're just stomping their feet like spoiled Texans little children.

The Albertson's where I live is a shithole that smells like rotten fish half the time. As soon as the checkout lines get smaller than two people they start pulling cashiers off the registers. The other supermarket in town is locally owned, has a better selection on a lot of stuff, takes care of their employees, sponsors the local HS football team, lets local organizations do fundraisers in front of the store and doesn't close down their registers. They seem to be able to stay in business somehow. I don't think I've shopped at Albertson's in at least a year.
The locally owned store has its own issues. Why hasn't it expanded? It dies when its owners retire/die.

Anyway, how many of the socal stores are illegal friendly, in the first place?
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

You cannot sell a $1 pack of gum for $5 and claim, with a straight face, that you will sell more gum at the higher price. Wages work exactly the same.

Minimum wage policy is a corporate welfare program for the Walmarts and Amazons of the world but disguised as a mechanism to help the underprivileged. Politicians have been using this trick since the dawn of man and will always have a captive audience of boys and girls to continue doing so in exchange for votes.

The same audience will later complain that Jeff Besoz makes too much money or treats his employees like shit, when the policies that same audience supported enabled him to do so in the first place with no recourse. At that point, Bernie just convinces same audience to blame capitalism. Rinse repeat.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Innocent Bystander wrote:Image
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Left Seater wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:04 pm You can scream it all you want, problem for you is I just provided you examples of stores closing over a temporary $4 an hour raise.

But please link us up to facts that if Biden's handlers raise the minimum wage to $15 that nothing will close because of it...

You are a fat greedy traitor. You don’t care about America so this is all just more crying from you.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Softball Bat wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:41 pm
Innocent Bystander wrote:Image
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ed/f7/d2 ... e17415.jpg[/
$15/hour part-time is not a wage a nuclear family can live on.

It is a wage a multi-generational household with multiple employees coupled with multiple homemakers can live on -- especially if the house itself is a form of generational wealth (ie ain't nobody paying a mortgage on the house granddaddy built).

For everyone else, the declaration that a rise in the minimum wage will not only produce more full time but eliminate the need for people to work three extra jobs is mean-spirited and demonstrably false due to prior history.

The declaration Biden Harris have made regarding the added 'benefit' of the elimination of underpaid positions for the handicapped is something which blows my mind because of the chutzpah.

But maybe Kierland can explain how that last one is intended to work.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Kierland wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:43 pm
Left Seater wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:04 pm You can scream it all you want, problem for you is I just provided you examples of stores closing over a temporary $4 an hour raise.

You are a fat greedy traitor. You don’t care about America so this is all just more crying from you.
Stop it.

Biden Harris are going to end up producing more clients for you, not less. Is that a bug, or a feature?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:58 pm Perhaps they might.
:bode:
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Mikey wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:31 pm The Albertson's where I live is a shithole that smells like rotten fish half the time. As soon as the checkout lines get smaller than two people they start pulling cashiers off the registers. The other supermarket in town is locally owned, has a better selection on a lot of stuff, takes care of their employees, sponsors the local HS football team, lets local organizations do fundraisers in front of the store and doesn't close down their registers. They seem to be able to stay in business somehow. I don't think I've shopped at Albertson's in at least a year.
Isn't that how things are supposed to work? One store does a better job and therefore gets your wallet share. If others feel like you do as well, then the store is able to offer more things and better wages for their employees.

But what happens when the city suddenly requires a 28% increase in employee costs? Does the HS football team lose the sponsorship? Do the checkout lines get longer because the store can't pay additional checkout workers? Does the fish sit an extra day or two and smell more like Albertson's? Do the prices go up and that pushes some consumers back over to the Albertson's?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Except you keep voting for people who pick winners and they always pick the rich guy.

Fuck off traitor.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Left Seater wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:28 pm
But what happens when the city suddenly requires a 28% increase in employee costs?
Same thing as when they ban kids from working in salt mines you fat piece of shit. Rich people hate it and most people are better off.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:31 pm These stores in SoCal are the same ones who fired their salaried delivery drivers (supposedly "essential workers"), who were also getting benefits, and farmed the work out to "gig" workers the moment Prop 22 took effect. Fuck them. They're just stomping their feet like spoiled Texans little children.

Yes, the local yuppie supermarket that charges local yuppie supermarket prices will survive just fine. No one doubts that.

The Albertson's that smells of rotten fish and Trump voters? Who gives a fukk? Long as Costco and Whole Foods stays open.

The Albertsons just might stay open, with more self checkout and robot jizz moppers. although I suspect that self checkout in the hood might be a really bad idea.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Post by Bill in Houston »

You really can’t hide your white supremacy/racist bs, can you?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:27 pm
Yes, the local yuppie supermarket that charges local yuppie supermarket prices will survive just fine. No one doubts that.
Bad assumption my knuckledragging friend. They're just a lot better than the competition.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Mikey wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:42 pm They're just a lot better than the competition.
But the question still remains, will they be with a 28% increase in labor costs?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

They survived the traitor you put in the WH you fat greedy fuck.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:45 pm
Mikey wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:42 pm They're just a lot better than the competition.
But the question still remains, will they be with a 28% increase in labor costs?
I don’t know what they pay their employees but many of them have been there for as long as I can remember. They have one other location about 25 miles from here in Escondido and everyone in that area also thinks they are superior.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Mikey wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:50 am
Left Seater wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:45 pm
I don’t know what they pay their employees but many of them have been there for as long as I can remember. They have one other location about 25 miles from here in Escondido and everyone in that area also thinks they are superior.
Sounds like the market forces are working as they should. Here's hoping your hood doesn't force hazard pay on them so you don't have to find out.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

When you can't get your judges on the SCOTUS you just make an end run around the SCOTUS, eh Liberals?

Yesterday the Senate voted on the Constitutionality of the current impeachment. Good to know that they now get to decide what is constitutional and what isn't. Maybe if the makeup of the Senate changes in 2 years the Senate can vote on the Constitutionality of abortion.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The SC doesn't have any involvement in impeachment, you mental midget.

Rice still wants its degree back.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Not this one because the impeached is already out of office. :meds:

But that has nothing to do with the voting on the Constitutionality of something. Again should the Senate be voting on the Constitutionality of abortion.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Left Seater wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:05 pm Not this one because the impeached is already out of office. :meds:
So you're saying that a POTUS can violate whatever laws they don't like if it's in the last month of their term?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22