And he said to them...

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

And he said to them...

Post by Mikey »

“Go into all the world and spread the 'Rona to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned to drown in their own unholy phlegm."

AMEN BROTHA!!!
If it's Armageddon time...bring it on!! Can't wait to go and see Jeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssuuuuuuuussssssssss!!!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/12/us/pasto ... index.html
Kierland

Re: And he said to them...

Post by Kierland »

The already controversial Sturgis Motorcycle Rally has continued to attract headlines amid reports of people wearing masks being mocked and even a ‘sneezing contest’ taking place in defiance of COVID-19 fears.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

So the photo in the CNN article was dated July 26th. That was 19 days ago. Was there a huge outbreak of the Rona flu tied to this gathering? It should be quite obvious by this point if there was.

Is everyone who was there sick? Is anyone who was there sick? Are a few people sick?

Real journalism is dead, this is just another example.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

So, basically, you’re saying that thousands of unmasked people packed together for hour indoors, singing and shouting praises to their Lord and Savior (and maybe even Jesus when they’re done praising your Orange Dear Leader) present no increased risk of spreading the virus. It’s not a flu, BTW.

Noted that you’re another ignorant denier of science. Besides lacking even a rudimentary level of common sense.
Last edited by Mikey on Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Denial is all he has left.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

What could possibly go wrong at a church gathering during a pandemic???

Oh....
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mikey wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:06 pm So, basically, you’re saying that thousands of unmasked people packed together for hour indoors, singing and shouting praises to their Lord and Savior (and maybe even Jesus when they’re done praising your Orange Dear Leader) present no increased risk of spreading the virus. It’s not a flu, BTW.

What he said is, "was there an outbreak tied to this event?"

We're past the incubation period now. It should be simple question to answer.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:50 pm
Mikey wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:06 pm So, basically, you’re saying that thousands of unmasked people packed together for hour indoors, singing and shouting praises to their Lord and Savior (and maybe even Jesus when they’re done praising your Orange Dear Leader) present no increased risk of spreading the virus. It’s not a flu, BTW.

Nice deflection. It would not be a simple question to answer. I don't believe that the people who attended the service were all required to register their names and contact information upon entry. That would be an obvious invasion of privacy and their constitutional rights, wouldn't it? Even if they were, do you think the church would provide that list to a reporter? So, how would we know whether there was an outbreak tied to this event? How do you know that there wasn't?

It's been well established that gatherings such as this present a highly increased probability of spreading the virus. Are you going to deny that?

I guess that's a dumb question, given the level of clueless POS that you've attained.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Will you be calling for them to be maced and have their heads cracked open for violating the law?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Question for Lefty -

If you, as a pilot, were to take off in a two-engine plane with one engine not working and whatever you use for navigation dead, would that not be an irresponsible act?

Assuming you made it to your destination without killing anybody, would that make taking off in such a situation any less irresponsible?

Do you know that it means to act responsibly?

OK that's three questions. Got any answers?

(four now)
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mikey wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:56 pm

Nice deflection. It would not be a simple question to answer. I don't believe that the people who attended the service were all required to register their names and contact information upon entry. That would be an obvious invasion of privacy and their constitutional rights, wouldn't it? Even if they were, do you think the church would provide that list to a reporter? So, how would we know whether there was an outbreak tied to this event? How do you know that there wasn't?

It's been well established that gatherings such as this present a highly increased probability of spreading the virus. Are you going to deny that?

I guess that's a dumb question, given the level of clueless POS that you've attained.
We should see a spike in the local case rate, right?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Possibly. Depends on what you mean by "local." Who says that all or even most of the morons there were "locals?"

How do you know that there wasn't a spike, and how precisely do you define a spike?

The church apparently is located just northeast of Inglewood, in Los Angeles County. They probably don't have statistics for the immediate "local" area anyway and a "spike" from the church could be hidden by the huge numbers reported in LA County.

BTW, on August 9 there were 595 new cases reported in LA County. On August 10 there were 1656.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Why is it so hard for people in southern california and the south to wear a mask when you go indoors with other people?

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALe ... ent=psy-ab
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

First off my point was about journalism. If you are going to write a story it needs to be followed thru to its conclusion. You don’t know if an outbreak was tied to it. Neither do we. But that is the job of a good reporter.

If / when the reporter follows up and it turns out there wasn’t a large transmission of the Rona flu, wouldn’t that be good information to have? Shouldn’t that be shared with the scientific community? Sure the gathering may be irresponsible, but then so are the riots and protests where people aren’t social distanced and masked. Are you calling the protests that are social distanced irresponsible? Or are you giving them a pass?

And yes it would be irresponsible and illegal to depart with only half of the engines functioning. Same with the Nav system.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

I think I got my answer.

Texans think this is a hoax.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200810 ... t-recorded

Looks like the joke is on you.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Left Seater wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:35 pm First off my point was about journalism. If you are going to write a story it needs to be followed thru to its conclusion. You don’t know if an outbreak was tied to it. Neither do we. But that is the job of a good reporter.

If / when the reporter follows up and it turns out there wasn’t a large transmission of the Rona flu, wouldn’t that be good information to have? Shouldn’t that be shared with the scientific community? Sure the gathering may be irresponsible, but then so are the riots and protests where people aren’t social distanced and masked. Are you calling the protests that are social distanced irresponsible? Or are you giving them a pass?

And yes it would be irresponsible and illegal to depart with only half of the engines functioning. Same with the Nav system.
The story was 1000 idiots packed in a church. The writer conveyed that to the readers.

Most protesters I saw had masks, for cv or tear gas who knows but they had them.
Last edited by Kierland on Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Exactly.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Mikey wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:46 pmExactly.
Glad to see you agree with me.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

:brad:
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

While I answered your questions it seems telling that you ignored mine.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:51 pm While I answered your questions it seems telling that you ignored mine.
Telling. Yes. Mostly because your questions deflected from the original subject. Why should I answer your unrelated questions that are only meant to distract from the original discussion? You seem to employ this tactic a lot. Do you not think that people see through this?

Just to make you happy, I'll bite...
Left Seater wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:35 pm First off my point was about journalism. If you are going to write a story it needs to be followed thru to its conclusion. You don’t know if an outbreak was tied to it. Neither do we. But that is the job of a good reporter.
The story, as Kierland wrote, was about 1000 people irresponsibly gathering in defiance of the law and common sense. Not about your opinion of journalism. Follow up would be great, but not necessary.
If / when the reporter follows up and it turns out there wasn’t a large transmission of the Rona flu, wouldn’t that be good information to have?
First off, you're assuming that there wasn't any large transmission of the virus (not a flu as I mentioned before - why do you insist on displaying your intentional ignorance?). Do you have a link to establish that?

And, yes it would be good information to have one way or the other, but like I said, that's not what the story was about nor the point that I was making. So your entire contribution here is a deflection from the original intent.
Shouldn’t that be shared with the scientific community?
Yes, if it's available and scientifically collected. You know that analysis isn't just floating around for somebody to grab. Don't you? Anecdotal observation doesn't count.
Sure the gathering may be irresponsible, but then so are the riots and protests where people aren’t social distanced and masked. Are you calling the protests that are social distanced irresponsible?
MAY be irresponsible? You're kidding, right?

Are you asking about riots (your description) and protests (these are not necessarily the same events) that are or aren't social distanced and masked? You mention both in the same question.

Not social distanced or masked = irresponsible.
Social distanced and not masked = not so irresponsible, but personally I would avoid them.
Not Social distanced but masked = same as above.
Social distanced and masked = responsible.

Many protesters (probably the vast majority) were following the CDC guidelines, even if FAUX News and your Orange Dear Leader would have you believe otherwise.
Or are you giving them a pass?
No. But again, this was about the church service.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

My bad. The story I posted was old news.

This past Sunday it was apparently 6,000 to 7,000 people at the same church.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... es-defying

And if your're wondering about a spike:
The Los Angeles County health department reported 2,428 new coronavirus cases and 58 new deaths on Wednesday, bringing the country total to 200,802 cases and 4,763 deaths.
up from 595 on Sunday and 1,656 on Monday. So I guess you could call that a spike.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Mikey wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:19 pm First off, you're assuming that there wasn't any large transmission of the virus (not a flu as I mentioned before - why do you insist on displaying your intentional ignorance?). Do you have a link to establish that?

I do, but he won't like it.

It's amazing how people can't think for themselves and believe whatever Captain Catastrophe says. "The flu ???"

COVID-19 is killing 20 times more people per week than flu does, new paper says

Now you know why 1 out of every 5 Texans are testing positive for the virus. Covid-19 is also way more contagious than the flu.

The sad part is these Texans that are traveling out of state are bringing the virus to other people that are trying to do the right thing. It's simply pathetic.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Living in a state where politicians pledge fealty to Trump is lethal.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Mikey,

Your story is dated -Aug 12th with an update on the 13th. If it is going to wait two weeks to be published we should expect a follow up. Why sit on this and not offer a follow up?

Further I am not assuming anything. I am asking a question that the jizzmopper leaves unanswered. Why? Does it not support his politics?

Then you point out the congregation continued to meet on more recent Sundays. That would lead us to believe that there wasn’t a large spread from the previous gathering. Again, why?

If you want to claim I am deflecting from the original intent why didn’t you call out protestors who didn’t social distanced. Just north of you in LA both the Mayor and Health Commissioner said protestors likely lead to Covid spread. You didn’t post any stories about that. Why? If your point was to call out large gatherings of stupid people why leave that out?

Again the LA mayor and health commissioner called out protestors, yet you have no idea if any spread happened from this gathering.

We expect this shit from Screwy not you.

Oh and FYI, I don’t read moving Sale’s shit. So if you are going to reference it you need to restate it.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Of course you don’t.
Because you are yellow.
Consider yourself ran fatty.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Kierland wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:26 am Of course you don’t.
Because you are yellow.
Consider yourself ran fatty.
Funny how he never hesitates to accuse others of “whataboutism” when that’s his main argument here. What about the protesters that Tucker says weren’t wearing masks? What about those evil rioters who are out to destroy our Democracy? Doesn’t that justify what these megachurches are doing?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

If / when the reporter follows up and it turns out there wasn’t a large transmission of the Rona flu, wouldn’t that be good information to have? Shouldn’t that be shared with the scientific community?
Tell that to the flaming yam, who has ordered data to be diverted from theCDC to his administration.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Mikey wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:37 am
Funny how he never hesitates to accuse others of “whataboutism” when that’s his main argument here. What about the protesters that Tucker says weren’t wearing masks? What about those evil rioters who are out to destroy our Democracy? Doesn’t that justify what these megachurches are doing?
No of course one doesn’t justify the other. But you ignoring one and calling out the other shows your hypocrisy.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:43 pm
Mikey wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:37 am
No of course one doesn’t justify the other. But you ignoring one and calling out the other shows your hypocrisy.
I don’t need to show that these services have specifically caused a spike in coronavirus cases to know that it is very irresponsible behavior.

You seem fixated on the irresponsibility of the protesters, which I have acknowledged if they weren’t wearing masks or social distancing. Yet you still haven’t admitted that holding these organized gatherings with no masks OR social distancing was and is irresponsible. Only that it “may” be.

Who’s the hypocrite here?
(Clue...it’s not me)
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Reading comprehension isn’t your friend I guess.

We don’t know if attending this service was the cause of any spread, hence the use of the word may.

We do know the mayor and the health commissioner of LA called out protestors for the spread of the Rona.

But yes, both appear irresponsible in my eyes. I wouldn’t choose to attend either.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:20 pm
We do know the mayor and the health commissioner of LA called out protestors for the spread of the Rona.
How does that prove that the protesters caused the virus to spread any more than I have proven that the services have caused a spike? Seems to me that they are calling out some irresponsible behavior.

And when did you start taking the word of a California Democrat mayor? I guess whenever it’s convenient.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

I thought he would know what is going on in his city. If you are saying he is wrong, ok.

And his statement alone proves nothing. Is he speaking without knowing or did he get info that led him to make such a statement? Same for the health commissioner? If they are going Cheeto style here that would open other issues.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

schmick wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:50 pm Rioting, burning down your neighborhoods, assaulting people who are conservative and murdering 5 year old children because they are white is perfectly fine, just dont go to church
Being an ignorant lying POS doesn’t cut the mustard either. It does come up to the high standard set by your Orange Dear Leader, though. So there’s that.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

schmick wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:50 pm Rioting, burning down your neighborhoods, assaulting people who are conservative and murdering 5 year old children because they are white is perfectly fine, just dont go to church
Christians are, for the most part, a psycho death cult so yeah they are more dangerous than anything you named.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mikey wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:45 pm Possibly. Depends on what you mean by "local." Who says that all or even most of the morons there were "locals?"
....because it's a church? Who travels to church?

How do you know that there wasn't a spike
I don't. I'm asking. You said this is risky and dangerous behavior. I'm just asking for some intellectually honest follow up.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

mvscal wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:50 am Who travels to church?
pilgrimage[ pil-gruh-mij ]SHOW IPA
SEE SYNONYMS FOR pilgrimage ON THESAURUS.COM
noun
a journey, especially a long one, made to some sacred place as an act of religious devotion:
a pilgrimage to Lourdes.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:50 am
Mikey wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:45 pm Possibly. Depends on what you mean by "local." Who says that all or even most of the morons there were "locals?"
....because it's a church? Who travels to church?
You think 7,000 people came from walking distance?
:meds:

How do you know that there wasn't a spike
You said this is risky and dangerous behavior. I'm just asking for some intellectually honest follow up.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... index.html

And you accuse Left Seater of looking out has ass through a straw?
:lol: