Trump's Economy

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Kierland

Re: Trump's Economy

Post by Kierland »

Pop,
I was using his words and concepts. That being said nothing that is about to happen hasn’t happened someplace in history, be it civil war, revolution or death and oppression on a massive scale.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Kierland wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:14 am Pop,
I was using his words and concepts. That being said nothing that is about to happen hasn’t happened someplace in history, be it civil war, revolution or death and oppression on a massive scale.
This is true.

The world will go on.

Americans, for a few generations now, have become very complacent.
No extreme, dire situation has come onto American soil.

9/11, yes, but what is occurring now dwarfs that in its overall impact for the entire country.

WWI and II were horrific, but it was not on American soil, save for Pearl Harbor.

So in my estimation, the period we have entered now will be unlike anything America has seen since the Civil War.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Kierland wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:09 am
L45B wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:15 am
Kierland wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:07 pmTrickle up is where you let workers have more say, you know, more freedom. But you want them to be tied to the yoke of a master.
This means there needs to be more jobs than people.

What do you propose the government is capable of doing to achieve this?
WTF are you babbling about? People having more control at work means more jobs than people? What does that even mean?
Not surprised you don’t get it.

It’s simple logic. When the worker is in a position to leave for something better, and has easy options to do so, he/she has the power (and freedom) to make such demands of the employer.

If the worker has no such options, the employer can lay the hammer down.

I think most would agree that the first of the two scenarios
is most desirable.

But I ask again, what is the government capable of achieving towards this point by intervening, if anything?
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

And when the employees are also the employers they don’t have to bounce from job to job hoping their next boss is also not an asshole. Government can make laws to insure that happens. Or we can keep doing klepto capitalism which has proved doesn’t work.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Trump casually throws out a claim that Microsoft should pay him ERRR the federal government a fee because Trump's allowing them to buy TikTok. Trump truly believes the government exists as a protection racket and Left Shitter and mvscunt are perfectly fine with that.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Kierland wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:07 pm And when the employees are also the employers they don’t have to bounce from job to job hoping their next boss is also not an asshole. Government can make laws to insure that happens. Or we can keep doing klepto capitalism which has proved doesn’t work.
Yes, of course, government can create anything we want with the magic of legislation. Complete nonsense. Bureaucracy is the killer of the creation process. The killer of the incentive to create. A surefire recipe to ensure there are even fewer choices for the regular worker.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Hey dumb fuck it’s “bureaucracy” that made the rules what they are today. So your post is basically meaningless as it had nothing to do with the topic at hand. You probably think the Constitution is an economic document. You are an idiot and not coincidentally you are a right winger. Those two thinks always seem to go together.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:24 am Trump casually throws out a claim that Microsoft should pay him ERRR the federal government a fee because Trump's allowing them to buy TikTok. Trump truly believes the government exists as a protection racket and Left Shitter and mvscunt are perfectly fine with that.
Don’t forget L45TrumpBitch.