Transcendent Sports Figures

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Transcendent Sports Figures

Post by smackaholic »

I didn’t fall for shit.

I’m no expert on vehicle extraction. I assume both are used. But, I can say from personal experience that large amounts of sparks only happen when using a certain type of cutting wheel. All your video watching doesn’t change this fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

So your (idiotic) position is that if Dims had said they use the jaws all the time and I said they didn’t you would have fucked with him and reminded him what a misshapen ditch digging loser he was and said I was right.

No question mark as it’s a rhetorical question.

He dumbass we are not talking about large amounts of sparks. Have you seen the fire triangle?

Go suck more orange dick Nazi.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I've already explained I am fairly ignorant, regarding vehicle extrication, but if someone here says they do X and I have no reason to doubt it, I won't.

You are the one being the contrarian douche, because, well, contrarian douche is one of the few skills you seem to possess.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I guess this guy's an idiot too, huh?

https://community.fireengineering.com/m ... t%3A623620
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Did you even read the link you stupid Nazi traitor.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I did read it.

The jaws of life are nice and all, but if getting someone out of a vehicle fast is priority one, which is sort of a thing, if the person being extricated is bleeding out.

A sawzall, with a good blade will get it done fast, which I seem to recall was the point the 'ditch digger" was making. Jaws of life, are a hydraulic tool, I think, anyway. Cumbersome, heavy and as was noted in that link, expensive and maybe not in perfect working order because keeping them that way can be expensive.

And guess what, douchebag.

99+% of the world wasn't born with a trust fund. We poor shleps actually have to think about cost. The writer of that article admits it. He also points out that a cordless sawzall is light and fast and pretty much spark free. And if you've got multiple people standing by with extinguishers, you accept the very minor risk of a spark lighting shit off, for the benefit of getting the person out quickly.

It's called risk management.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

He literally said pie cutting wasn’t working. THEN he breaks out the sawall. And I wasn’t born with the ability to tax people. First you complain gov is too big then (we it suits your argument) you say they are poor. Fuck off traitor. This kind of stupidity is EXACTLY what let’s you suck orange suck everyday. You are a stupid Nazi pos.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

The federal government is WAY too big.

I'm not against people delegating tasks to government, in general. But it ought to be done by the lowest level of government possible. Buying equipment for fire/rescue should never happen at anything higher than county level.

In a sane world our municipal taxes would be higher than state. And state would be higher than federal.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

So white flag on the jaws of life question.

Nice going traitor.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Not at all.

I said from the beginning of the discussion that there’s more than one way to skin a cat or a Camry.

You are the one declaring that hydraulic cutters are THE way to do it.

They aren’t.

Reciprocating saws, especially since the arrival of Li Ion batteries are becoming the preferred way to do it, partly for economic reasons, partly because they are much lighter and quicker to use.

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Innocent Bystander wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:39 am
BSmack wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:35 am

NHL - Neutral zone trap- Single handedly took scoring out of hockey. The 60 goal scorer is less common than full solar eclipses.

Explain the pros and cons of the neutral zone.
The Neutral zone is an area on the ice between the blue lines. BS is talking about a form of defense. In hockey the puck must be the first thing into the offensive zone, ie the puck must enter the zone before the players of the attacking team do. The Neutral Zone Trap is a type of defense where the defending team plays defense in the neutral zone instead of retreating to their defensive zone to begin defending.

Think of a basketball team playing a full court press, the neutral zone trap is similar. Instead of letting your opponent bring their offense to you while you wait in your defensive zone, you make it difficult for them to get to your defensive zone in the first place. Further, there weren't rule changes that suddenly allowed the Neutral Zone trap. Team just decided to stop letting the offense take 2/3rds of the ice without much effort.

In response to the Neutral Zone trap defense the league changed a few rules to try to allow the offensive team more success. They eliminated the 2 line pass rule to help open up the offense. Further the league added the trapezoid which limits where the goalie can play the puck when below his own goal line. This was done to allow teams to dump the puck into the corner and chase it into the offensive zone.

As for BS's take that the neutral zone trap has taken scoring out of hockey, he is wrong. Scoring averaged just over 4 goals a game in the 80s and 90s. Since 2005 it has been closer to 3 goals per game. Yes the NZ trap may have something to do with it, but the size of goalie pads and equipment along with the size of modern goalies has as much if not more to do with the reduction in scoring. Goalie pads today are much much larger than they were in the 80s. Goalies themselves like most players are also larger. A modern goalie standing in the crease covers significantly more of the net than did those in the 80s. Goalies are also much better athletes than they were in the 80s. Instead of double stacking the pads, goalies now use the butterfly and are quickly back on their skates after making a save. Goalies in the 80s were lying on their sides and couldn't react as quick to a rebound.

So, no the NZ trap isn't the reason by itself for a goal a game reduction. Nevermind the fact it has been around since the late 1920s.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

smackaholic wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:06 pm Not at all.

I said from the beginning of the discussion that there’s more than one way to skin a cat or a Camry.

They aren’t.

Reciprocating saws, especially since the arrival of Li Ion batteries are becoming the preferred way to do it, partly for economic reasons, partly because they are much lighter and quicker to use.

Learn to read Nazi. I said Dims was full of shit and that the jaws are used all the time. That you can’t even follow a simple conversation without being disrailed is why you fell for the orange dick so hard.

Fuck off traitor.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Kierland wrote:
smackaholic wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:06 pm Not at all.

They aren’t.

Learn to read Nazi. I said Dims was full of shit and that the jaws are used all the time. That you can’t even follow a simple conversation without being disrailed is why you fell for the orange dick so hard.

Fuck off traitor.
You did more than that, douchebag. You implied that the jaws was the proper way and reciprocating blade was doing it wrong due to hazards caused by sparks.

Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Kierland wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:24 am
Dinsdale wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:08 pm
FiatLux wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:54 pm
Wow, jaws of life...
I immediately called BS on that (and I was right).

My old old buddy is a firefighter/paramedic. He's said for years that while the have jaws of life on the truck, they never come off the truck. It's an antiquated method for extraction. A cordless reciprocating saw (aka Sawzall, which is a brand name -- they use DeWalt) gets the roof off much more quickly. 4 guys with 2 saws can peel it open in a few seconds, depending on the damage and how the vehicle is positioned.

But in Eldrick's case, they used neither.
They come off all the time with people that know their shit cause sparks and gas don’t mix you fucking traitor POS.

Go suck more proud boy dick.
That is what I said. Learn to read traitor.